What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Commentary on the consumption of alcohol.

Arya TsaddiqArya Tsaddiq ShalawamThe Daughter of BabylonPosts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
What do you all think about this quote?
So the first young man, who had spoken of the strength of wine, started: "Gentlemen, how is it that wine is so superior? It misleads the minds of all who drink it. It makes the mind of the king the same as that of the orphan, likewise of the slave and the free, of the poor and the rich. It changes every thought to feasting and cheerfulness, and forgets all grief and every obligation. It fattens all hearts, makes one remember neither kings nor administrators, and makes everyone talk in outrageous sums. When drinking, people forget to be civil even with their friends and relatives, and after a while they draw their swords. When they recover from the wine, they don't even remember what they did. Gentlemen, isn't wine superior, since it forces people to behave like this?" With that, he stopped speaking.

Do you agree? Disagree? Why or why not?

Replies

• IceManKamIceManKam Hot bodies get Cold Shoulders Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP might have consumed a bit of alcohol himself if one was to look at the title.

And I think it's pretty well known what alcohol does to practically anyone, especially in a social setting
    B_AArya Tsaddiqdwade206
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sippin on some Bombay as I type
    BoogaSugaA Talented One
  • BoogaSugaBoogaSuga Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

Whats your mixer? I love Bombay Sapphire and Ocean Spray sparkling cranberry
    ....sippin as i type. Honestly got bored halfway thru that 1st paragraph and scrolled to the comments.
    marc123
  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dihL5NM.gif
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    A Talented One
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I don't fuck with wine. But that is a dope ass arrangement of words in the quote tho.

The principle, YOUR academics inadmissiable
    You're indefensible, my style is so comprehensible
    Cats take it to heart like a ventricle
    You temporary like a weather pattern
    Forgot. I'm like you never happened
    Don't never say whatever happened to Mos?
    My light shine boast from the East to the Left Coast..

199164-Akira.jpg
  • Arya TsaddiqArya Tsaddiq Shalawam The Daughter of BabylonPosts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KamEX wrote: »
    OP might have consumed a bit of alcohol himself if one was to look at the title.

And I think it's pretty well known what alcohol does to practically anyone, especially in a social setting

Actually just took a shot of Grey Goose right before posted this. But that's besides the point....
    BoogaSugaBussy_Getta IceManKam
    Niggas ain't saying whether they agree or disagree....

well lets change the commentary....
    Gentlemen, is not the king great, and are not men many, and is not wine strong? Who is it, then, that rules them, or has the mastery over them? Is it not women? Women gave birth to the king and to every people that rules over sea and land. From women they came; and women brought up the very men who plant the vineyards from which comes wine. Women make men's clothes; they bring men glory; men cannot exist without women. If men gather gold and silver or any other beautiful thing, and then see a woman lovely in appearance and beauty, they let all those things go, and gape at her, and with open mouths stare at her, and all prefer her to gold or silver or any other beautiful thing. A man leaves his own father, who brought him up, and his own country, and clings to his wife. With his wife he ends his days, with no thought of his father or his mother or his country. Therefore you must realize that women rule over you! "Do you not labor and toil, and bring everything and give it to women? A man takes his sword, and goes out to travel and rob and steal and to sail the sea and rivers; he faces lions, and he walks in darkness, and when he steals and robs and plunders, he brings it back to the woman he loves. A man loves his wife more than his father or his mother. Many men have lost their minds because of women, and have become slaves because of them. Many have perished, or stumbled, or sinned because of women. And now do you not believe me? "Is not the king great in his power? Do not all lands fear to touch him?
      Colin$mackabi$h
  • BlacjasonBlacjason Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the first quote. That's why I don't drink heavily in public or with company. The second quote is true too. Why do you do what you do... ultimately its to procreate.
    I feel like u are speaking Portuguese. Can u dumb it down and i will contribute appropriately.... ive been drinkin
    A Talented OneStillFaggyAF
    I feel like u are speaking Portuguese. Can u dumb it down and i will contribute appropriately.... ive been drinkin

i have too so i can't lol
    BoogaSugaVIBE
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the zoo earlier today. Birthday party I was invited too. Anyway, I thought all was lost at first. But then, with a little ingenuity and perseverance, I found a snack stand that served daquiris. Got the chick to make me a icee cola with three shots of rum.

Yep, today was a close one.
    BoogaSuga
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bombay and simply lemonade. Juicy J wasn't lying bruh this shit is the smoothest mix ull get
    BoogaSuga

Bombay and simply lemonade. Juicy J wasn't lying bruh this shit is the smoothest mix ull get

Ginade is my backup when i dont wanna slurge for the ocean spray. Good mix
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I don't drink too much

I'll drink enough to get me right, but I don't get fucked up

I'll fuck around and end up in jail, I'm a asshole drunk
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
  • Mr_Vicodin81GMr_Vicodin81G Eating pain pills for breakfast Walgreens Pharmacy Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drunk and don't give a fuck. Can't be sober watching my Cowboys yo lol
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree for the most part. But I like being drunk every now and then. Sometimes I just need some new chemicals to rage inside my brain for once.

Right now I'm on a sober streak, I go in phases of binge drinking and non-binge drinking.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea I cant lie its been kinda rough , football is one of my triggers
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Niggas ain't saying whether they agree or disagree....

well lets change the commentary....
    Gentlemen, is not the king great, and are not men many, and is not wine strong? Who is it, then, that rules them, or has the mastery over them? Is it not women? Women gave birth to the king and to every people that rules over sea and land. From women they came; and women brought up the very men who plant the vineyards from which comes wine. Women make men's clothes; they bring men glory; men cannot exist without women. If men gather gold and silver or any other beautiful thing, and then see a woman lovely in appearance and beauty, they let all those things go, and gape at her, and with open mouths stare at her, and all prefer her to gold or silver or any other beautiful thing. A man leaves his own father, who brought him up, and his own country, and clings to his wife. With his wife he ends his days, with no thought of his father or his mother or his country. Therefore you must realize that women rule over you! "Do you not labor and toil, and bring everything and give it to women? A man takes his sword, and goes out to travel and rob and steal and to sail the sea and rivers; he faces lions, and he walks in darkness, and when he steals and robs and plunders, he brings it back to the woman he loves. A man loves his wife more than his father or his mother. Many men have lost their minds because of women, and have become slaves because of them. Many have perished, or stumbled, or sinned because of women. And now do you not believe me? "Is not the king great in his power? Do not all lands fear to touch him?

Is he saying women are the kings? more like queens.