What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Kanye West's Second Album Late Registration Turns 10 Yrs Old Today

Replies

• StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,542 Regulator
    FishNChips wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    before drake went back to back kanye did
    I'm in the air I can't hear monizzle's corny jokes

This can't be rozay lol
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • Dave2one6Dave2one6 Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • harry knucklezharry knucklez Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I remember it just like yesterday
    2m4yw6c.png
  • Dave2one6Dave2one6 Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw son
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best Kanye album imo

By Far
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Kanye at his best
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed this is one of ye's best albums sonically.
  • skpjr78skpjr78 Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good album. The only problem is that this good album followed a GREAT album. CD was one of the best rap albums ever and I was guilty of expecting another perfect record.

LR was very good but coming directly after CD my expectations were too high. Still a very good album though
  • trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro smoke, pro choke, anti-broke, conservative liberal..
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna give this a listen later, it's been a while.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm going to get a ton of Wacks, Feelings, and Nosigns, but this album like Kanye's catalog in general is overrated.

The good is really good and there isn't anything that's terrible, so I get why people love it, but to me there is a lot of mediocre on it, which brings it down IMO. It's a good album, but people boost his first three albums up like they were flawless and to me they are all far from that.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    skpjr78texasdaking88
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm going to get a ton of Wacks, Feelings, and Nosigns, but this album like Kanye's catalog in general is overrated.

The good is really good and there isn't anything that's terrible, so I get why people love it, but to me there is a lot of mediocre on it, which brings it down IMO. It's a good album, but people boost his first three albums up like they were flawless and to me they are all far from that.

There not flawless but there not medicore either. Context is something you have to consider music is different when your consuming it when its releases opposed to going back years later and listening.
  • AP21AP21 Sion Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man..if only MTV still produced programs like this

this took me back
    TheGOAT
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    man..if only MTV still produced programs like this

VH1 too

Behind the Music on vh1 used to be GOAT

AP21TheBoyRoCJ
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of my favorite albums
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol was my theme song... couldn't help not being on time
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »

There not flawless but there not medicore either. Context is something you have to consider music is different when your consuming it when its releases opposed to going back years later and listening.

Isn't timelessness part of what makes a classic a classic? I can't think of one album that I consider a true classic that I listen to now and think "Hmmm this shit ain't as good as when it first came out." Hell, most of the true classics actually sound better now to me than they did when they first came out.

There's always one ol contrarian "the sun ain't hot" ass nigga in every thread

FOH

Oh I forgot that we were all supposed to like everything the same. If you only want to see opinions that match yours, grab a notebook, write down your thoughts, and read them everyday. You don't need to get on a forum to see other people write the same shit as you silly ass nigga.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I forgot that we were all supposed to like everything the same. If you only want to see opinions that match yours, grab a notebook, write down your thoughts, and read them everyday. You don't need to get on a forum to see other people write the same shit as you silly ass nigga.

Lmaoooo not the struggle strawman argument haha haha haha haha that's when you know a nigga don't believe in what he speaks

Hey fuckboiii if what your saying is correct ...why are you taking exception to me having a different opinion than you? Lmaooooooooo

If everyone is free to have their own opinion shouldn't you be shutting the fuck up and letting me speak mines.... According to your own logic?

Have a seat clown ass nigga
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    CJ
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm

All these fluffy words and praise (rightfully so)

So why is it so easy for folk on here to put MBDTF, Graduation, and even 808s in the same breath as this and/or Dropout? ??!

Cant have it both ways. There is a difference between groundbreaking , classic (LR, Dropout) and just good or very good (his other albums)

Kanye has not come close to he depth and soul of his first albums.
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never liked the album, after college dropout I expected big things and this album was shit
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
  • Go figureGo figure Sion the GoPosts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    never liked the album, after college dropout I expected big things and this album was shit

When I first heard the album I was hyped over it but it played out quick.

I stopped fucking with it completely for a while but I decided to give it another chance years later n it got better n better with every listen. Some of my fav all time Ye songs are on this album
    iwslmt.jpg
    edited September 2015
    M
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.