What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jay Z & TIDAL Sued For $5 Million Lawsuit Over Failing To Pay Artist Royalties...

2»

Replies

  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    And I don't care about the services, I'm just saying it's not much better. If streaming was so much better, you wouldn't have artists lobbying to remove their shit from them. People claim to care about the artists right? You got singers mad at Adele for selling millions of albums quickly and shit.. Yes Adele is somehow selling PHYSICAL ALBUMS in this climate. I use spotify and my initial post came to my mind one day recently. I was like I wonder how most of these artists feel about people having full access to their music like that on the first day that it comes out. I mean at least you get to weed out the good from the wack albums, but it ain't like niggas are going out to buy them shits.

    Nah nigga artists want their shit offa services coz of money. Same will Swift and Adele, it's about gwup.

    The labels, artists and streams haven't come up with a way for them all to gwup a decent amount. 10.99 a month for near every new album and near every old one. That's one CD. Nah'mean? A lot of money has been lost by these niggas.

    Adele can do the CD thing coz she's Adele.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The danger with streaming is what may happen with price hikes and or exclusive albums in the future. Granted most labels wont let artists pull a kanye and have that shit literally only for stream on one provider. However there could potentially be a future in streaming where it's like the console wars.

    Popular in his prime rapper A gets 20 mill to only have that shit on apple music. Popular pop artist B gets 35 mill from spotify to have their album on spotify only for an entire year.

    Now exclusive Yeezy albums right now and beyonce albums are meh cause they already released their best work and are past prime musically. But imagine the next hova dropping their reasonable doubt 10 years from now only on tidal. Then imagine another rapper dropping their Late Registration or other type of classic and its only on apple music.

    The risk with this is you end up having to pay 9.99 a month or more in the future and the top 3 or 4 artists dominating the game in their prime drop classics only on a specific streaming service like the halos and metal gear solids during the console wars. At this current time artists like Kendrick and Cole don't have plans to do that. Even with cole kinda backing tidal i fell he wants all the fans to have his shit (hopefully that doesnt change). Kendrick hasn't been tied to a streaming service. But who knows what a drake will do since he has a detailed apple music contract.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
  • rapmusicrapmusic Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    And I don't care about the services, I'm just saying it's not much better. If streaming was so much better, you wouldn't have artists lobbying to remove their shit from them. People claim to care about the artists right? You got singers mad at Adele for selling millions of albums quickly and shit.. Yes Adele is somehow selling PHYSICAL ALBUMS in this climate. I use spotify and my initial post came to my mind one day recently. I was like I wonder how most of these artists feel about people having full access to their music like that on the first day that it comes out. I mean at least you get to weed out the good from the wack albums, but it ain't like niggas are going out to buy them shits.

    Nah nigga artists want their shit offa services coz of money. Same will Swift and Adele, it's about gwup.

    The labels, artists and streams haven't come up with a way for them all to gwup a decent amount. 10.99 a month for near every new album and near every old one. That's one CD. Nah'mean? A lot of money has been lost by these niggas.

    Adele can do the CD thing coz she's Adele.
    Your whole first paragraph is the whole point of my argument and this whole thread lol. These corporations haven't come up with a way to pay the artists because they don't fucking want to. Artists have been getting jerked since the beginning of record labels, weall know that. I just don't see how all these singers/rappers are going to get paid off of streaming especially since that format is going to be the wave of the future now. People still bring up album sales so obviously there's still people out there who believes in that shit. Is there even a good break down of where the streaming service money goes?
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Still don't get how these streaming services are supposed to be so much better than buying cds and mp3's or whatever. It's basically a legal version of illegal dowloading lol, It's like buying a 10 dollar pack of blank cds every month to download any album you want.

    the benefit is theres really no over head ... you only need to package the product once and sell it over and over and over as much as its being purchased ... and technically you never need to remove it from the shelf ... that is as long as there is space on the server to hold the source file ....
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    When you buy a CD you OWN the music, when you stream you rent that shit, If you have a power cut you are fucked but not me oh no I have old Ipods and a new Sony Walkman fully juiced and ready to roll haha do not put too much faith in the computers, for example I had a 2TB hard drive with about 100 gig of music, then one day it just stopped fucking working, I lost a lot that day, made me think about how I store my family pictures and porn.

    That's why I back my shit up in hella places

    yeah back up is key ... and use solid state .... sn i have western digital book that i brought i dont know how long ago and its only 300gigs big as shit and heavy as hell and dropped it many of times and it needs power in order for it to work lol but IT STILL WORKS !!!!!! and yes its backed up on my SSD usb external LOL !!!!!!
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    rapmusic wrote: »
    And I don't care about the services, I'm just saying it's not much better. If streaming was so much better, you wouldn't have artists lobbying to remove their shit from them. People claim to care about the artists right? You got singers mad at Adele for selling millions of albums quickly and shit.. Yes Adele is somehow selling PHYSICAL ALBUMS in this climate. I use spotify and my initial post came to my mind one day recently. I was like I wonder how most of these artists feel about people having full access to their music like that on the first day that it comes out. I mean at least you get to weed out the good from the wack albums, but it ain't like niggas are going out to buy them shits.

    when you start thinking about marketing on a global scale thats when these digital platforms will become king or just selling digitally period will become king ... most dont see it and prob think im talkin chinese right now .. but its allllllll gravy :)

  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Once a thief..."
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    dontdiedontkillanyonericb4prezCJ
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Hmmm....currently using Apple and Tidal.

    Apple is better, Jay knows this which is why he left all his music on there.

    Tidal has potential, which is why Jay invested. If he can get more subscribers he can cash out on a deal similar to Dre.

    The right people are already in talks (Google/Samsung). Both are big enough to rival Apple...fuck Spotify.

    The best deal is to keep Jay in place there. Like Dre at Apple.

    But yeah, Jay never planned to progress this by himself. Another chess move.

    I think Samsung gonna buy it and integrate into their phones/devices like Beats/Apple Music. Makes sense.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Hmmm....currently using Apple and Tidal.

    Apple is better, Jay knows this which is why he left all his music on there.

    Tidal has potential, which is why Jay invested. If he can get more subscribers he can cash out on a deal similar to Dre.

    The right people are already in talks (Google/Samsung). Both are big enough to rival Apple...fuck Spotify.

    The best deal is to keep Jay in place there. Like Dre at Apple.

    But yeah, Jay never planned to progress this by himself. Another chess move.

    I think Samsung gonna buy it and integrate into their phones/devices like Beats/Apple Music. Makes sense.

    Fuck spotify? They are the only service giving us that grooveshark work. Aka you can listen to shit for free without paying a monthly fee. If anything the true fans benefit the most from Spotify.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Breaking news: Tidal fires CFO and COO.

    Go find the link yourself

    Gotdamn, this shit don't end
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    No getoboy cape but they want to move operations/accounting and finance to new york which makes sense. If i was the new CFO or COO i would slash 1 to 2 dollars off the subscription fee for mp3 quality streaming. You can't claim to be different than apple and spotify and then charge the same price. Also they need to be more transparent with revealing membership numbers. We have no damn idea how many users Tidal officially has. Showing these numbers will create transparency. Granted i bet the reason they don't have many hard numbers is cause no many niggas downloading for the trial and ditching that shit like a troy ave album.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should apply for a position at Tidal. I'm an accountant.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

    Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
  • MECCA1000MECCA1000 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Hmmm....currently using Apple and Tidal.

    Apple is better, Jay knows this which is why he left all his music on there.

    Tidal has potential, which is why Jay invested. If he can get more subscribers he can cash out on a deal similar to Dre.

    The right people are already in talks (Google/Samsung). Both are big enough to rival Apple...fuck Spotify.

    The best deal is to keep Jay in place there. Like Dre at Apple.

    But yeah, Jay never planned to progress this by himself. Another chess move.

    I think Samsung gonna buy it and integrate into their phones/devices like Beats/Apple Music. Makes sense.

    The difference between Jay and Dre is that Jay owns the company while Dre just has a job at Apple ......He did come up off the huge payout for beats but that pie was cut, word to Jimmy Iovine ......

    I don't see Jay selling any time soon. It would definitely be a bad look after getting all those artist to invest and then sell out, take the money and run .....that's some level 9000 snake shit .....you cats who been calling Jay a snake would lose your cookies over that lol

    Trust, Jay not done yet .....this Samsung thing is to help boost the company standing, not for them to buy out ......more like buy in.

    I look at it like this, it's been apple vs android and or Samsung for a while .....Samsung is heavy in the phone and tv too ....they're looking to spread into computers and music .....Jay just maybe put tidal in a super come up spot with a partnership and not a sale ...
    think about it, a tidal app on Samsung smartphone and TV's .....this might push tidal past Spotify
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Still don't get how these streaming services are supposed to be so much better than buying cds and mp3's or whatever. It's basically a legal version of illegal dowloading lol, It's like buying a 10 dollar pack of blank cds every month to download any album you want.

    because you can carry around a massive library of music without using up storage on your phone or carrying around a shit load of cds grandpa

    So if you cancel your tidal subscriptions do you still keep the albums you streamed?
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.