The devil loves you

Options

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A child knows fire is hot because his mother tells him so. He understands what 'fire is hot' means when he touches it for himself. Wisdom is the application of that understanding.

? , being the source of everything, has experience in all things, wisdom in all things, knowing in all things and understanding in all things. ? was wise to the fact that man, without the understanding(which is gained through experience) or wisdom to accompany knowledge would suffer greatly from being like ? : knowing good AND evil. But I also think the 'snake' in the garden was an inevitable part of the development of the human mind.

The 'snake' is that thing that propels the child to defy his mother and experience the fire. What does 'fire is hot' mean? There is something in the mind that desires to understand what it knows; experience it, sometimes even experience the evil, bad, wicked, things it knows, normally we call those people sick in the head tho. Other times, we take people's 'word' for it.

Is that love from the snake? I mean yeah I guess because that understanding is very useful to the child, was it evil that it propelled the child touch the fire, kinda.

But like SoulRattler said, you cant' start a fire if you don't know that fire burns ? , including your own flesh.
    There is no wisdom without knowledge. That's called foolishness; to profess to understand without even knowing.

zzombie wrote: »
    Mankind was not made evil no sentient being was ever made evil.... all thinking creatures were made with possibility to do evil... A simple understanding of christian theodicy is usually all that is needed to dispel the ignorance that is passed around this sub-form.

The question of why is there evil if ? is GOOD has been answered many many many already there are whole libraries full with answers and solutions. THE RELIGIONS are thousands of years old don't you think believers have answered all these questions multiply times already??? but no matter what answer theist give you many people just won't accept it and even worse they usually cannot give proper reasoning behind why the solutions given to them are unacceptable.

Didn't the Bible ? admit to creating evil and calamity though? I'm open to maybe some other gods existing, but your ? clearly admits to creating evil and calamity. Shameful.

Lucifer>>>>>>>>pathetic Bible ?

Of course ? created evil, what good is freewill if there's nothing to choose between? Dooty doo, just going to use my freewill and go graze on the tree of life only in the garden of eden cuz I listened to ? and still behave robotic like an animal. Just because ? created something doesn't mean we are suppose to partake of it. ? created arsenic too, but it will ? he ? outta my ass. Same with good and evil, just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @jetlifebih

I just saw the video and I actually heard of it years ago but never seen it till now. It's silly as you know because "? " was always there supposedly, and supposedly everywhere now, so why is evil still existing. If ? showed up after evil was created, and still does nothing about it, why call it a ? ? If it is a ? , it has some explaining to do.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perhaps ? and Satan are the same being
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    The devil didn't really do anything bad in the Adam and Eve story. It simply wanted to give humans knowledge, clarity, and the ability to understand its environment. Considering the tyrannical and reckless Bible ? admits to creating calamity/evil, who can really blame Adam for eating that apple? Adam probably didn't trust the ? lol

Either way, clarity and freedom of thought are great things, nothing wrong with thinking for oneself, instead of one book doing all the thinking for you.
    @kingblaze84 have you seen that video claiming a little boy "schooling" his atheist teacher about ?

Saying ? didn't create evil, it's what happened when man doesn't have the love of ? in his heart or some ? like that?
    And cold is the absence of heat according to the law of physics

He said the physics analogy first I guess to pull the blanket over people's eyes, but I thought ? was omnipresent so there could never be a time when ? or his presence was absent

[y]https://youtu.be/Y3qjDF9ksJU[/y]

I'm busy at work but I'll definitely be watching this video tonight.....looks very interesting.
    It's only 2 min long video.

Btw ppl use those type of images to get emotional response from the audience which clouds their ability to think rationally...u atheist btw? Or agnostic ?

Well I work a pretty busy job (law firm paralegal) and I can't get distracted watching videos now, but I'll check it out when I have time tonight. Images are powerful things and right or wrong, they usually get their point across.....

I lean towards there being some kind of higher power, but I'm not sure if this higher power is worthy of being called a ? or not. It could just be a giant magical guinea pig in the sky for all I know, so I guess you can classify me as being agnostic.

Gotcha. I was raised in a pro Christian household, at one point went agnostic for a few years without even knowing that's what it was called, but eventually i got cut spiritually/convicted when i sought council from a Christian minister during a time I was struggling with faith and the Bible. The same evening I caught a case and was facing felony charges. Made it out with misdemeanor but another story. Ever since then I pretty much been a Bible student and renewed my stance as a Christian (stil WIP) .

Aight I feel you, I've heard stories like that several times before. I remember praying to get me out of some jams and I believed the prayers worked, but the funny thing is it seems my own personal luck has grown after becoming non-religious. It seems since I've stopped being Christian, things are going more my way and I can handle life's daily struggles with more peace and sense in my mind. So I respect your story, it's understandable why you feel that way but I wonder about those who pray and seem to have no luck.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ^^^ we've been through this @kingblaze84 .... that's man's handiwork, not gods.

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.
    Humanity has to hit rock bottom first.

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.

I think, you know, when the system crumbles, mass catastrophic destruction occurs world wide, basic survival ? ..... idk, it's hard to fathom how bad it could get.

Assuming things really get that bad worldwide, what do you think this ? would do? I'm not sure humans would act better or more humane if things hit rock bottom either, people if anything would be more likely to turn into savages.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Assuming things really get that bad worldwide, what do you think this ? would do? I'm not sure humans would act better or more humane if things hit rock bottom either, people if anything would be more likely to turn into savages.

I hope ? wouldn't do anything, how insulting to give humans all these faculties to be great and then ? steps in a does ? for us, that kind of thing takes away from the opportunity to learn from mistakes. And people tend to get a different perspective after they've lost practically everything.

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The devil didn't really do anything bad in the Adam and Eve story. It simply wanted to give humans knowledge, clarity, and the ability to understand its environment. Considering the tyrannical and reckless Bible ? admits to creating calamity/evil, who can really blame Adam for eating that apple? Adam probably didn't trust the ? lol

Either way, clarity and freedom of thought are great things, nothing wrong with thinking for oneself, instead of one book doing all the thinking for you.
    @kingblaze84 have you seen that video claiming a little boy "schooling" his atheist teacher about ?

Saying ? didn't create evil, it's what happened when man doesn't have the love of ? in his heart or some ? like that?

He said the physics analogy first I guess to pull the blanket over people's eyes, but I thought ? was omnipresent so there could never be a time when ? or his presence was absent

I'm busy at work but I'll definitely be watching this video tonight.....looks very interesting.

Btw ppl use those type of images to get emotional response from the audience which clouds their ability to think rationally...u atheist btw? Or agnostic ?

Well I work a pretty busy job (law firm paralegal) and I can't get distracted watching videos now, but I'll check it out when I have time tonight. Images are powerful things and right or wrong, they usually get their point across.....

I lean towards there being some kind of higher power, but I'm not sure if this higher power is worthy of being called a ? or not. It could just be a giant magical guinea pig in the sky for all I know, so I guess you can classify me as being agnostic.

Gotcha. I was raised in a pro Christian household, at one point went agnostic for a few years without even knowing that's what it was called, but eventually i got cut spiritually/convicted when i sought council from a Christian minister during a time I was struggling with faith and the Bible. The same evening I caught a case and was facing felony charges. Made it out with misdemeanor but another story. Ever since then I pretty much been a Bible student and renewed my stance as a Christian (stil WIP) .

Aight I feel you, I've heard stories like that several times before. I remember praying to get me out of some jams and I believed the prayers worked, but the funny thing is it seems my own personal luck has grown after becoming non-religious. It seems since I've stopped being Christian, things are going more my way and I can handle life's daily struggles with more peace and sense in my mind. So I respect your story, it's understandable why you feel that way but I wonder about those who pray and seem to have no luck.
    More power to ya. A person don't necessarily have to be a Christian to be considered having a good heart, or to be blessed with nice things.
    It's tough to say why every particular person get blessed with certain things despite them being this or that, or why certain ppl prayer isnt heard. understand though, biblically speaking prayer is a privilege (mainly) of Christians...it's generally something most effective if done by a Christian. ? doesn't necessarily hear prayer from just anybody especially those who haven't atoned for the bad things they've done in past.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options

I hope ? wouldn't do anything, how insulting to give humans all these faculties to be great and then ? steps in a does ? for us, that kind of thing takes away from the opportunity to learn from mistakes. And people tend to get a different perspective after they've lost practically everything.

Wow, you would hope ? does nothing? Geez, even most religious people hope it does something someday lol but I respect your opinion. I'm not religious so I don't expect much on a worldwide basis but after reading the news today, I think a little divine intervention wouldn't hurt. Many people can't even help or take care of themselves, especially since their countries are bankrupt or don't have the resources.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

More power to ya. A person don't necessarily have to be a Christian to be considered having a good heart, or to be blessed with nice things.
    It's tough to say why every particular person get blessed with certain things despite them being this or that, or why certain ppl prayer isnt heard. understand though, biblically speaking prayer is a privilege (mainly) of Christians...it's generally something most effective if done by a Christian. ? doesn't necessarily hear prayer from just anybody especially those who haven't atoned for the bad things they've done in past.

Why do you say prayer is more effective as a Christian though, there are plenty of people with no religion or different religions who might have great luck praying.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Wow, you would hope ? does nothing? Geez, even most religious people hope it does something someday lol but I respect your opinion. I'm not religious so I don't expect much on a worldwide basis but after reading the news today, I think a little divine intervention wouldn't hurt. Many people can't even help or take care of themselves, especially since their countries are bankrupt or don't have the resources.

Holy heaven, ? has tried, he's begged, he's pleaded, he's slaughtered, he's sacrificed himself, there is nothing that is gonna wake these humans up!!! Except, maybe them almost wiping themselves out.
  • Fosheezy
    Options

Why do you say prayer is more effective as a Christian though, there are plenty of people with no religion or different religions who might have great luck praying.

There's clues in the Bible about how it works...I say mainly Christians because they are the ones who have a covenant relationships with the Son, but the bible mentions stuff like "the prayers of a righteous man avail much" and in another place hint that a person's sins can get in the way of ? hearing their prayer.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

There's clues in the Bible about how it works...I say mainly Christians because they are the ones who have a covenant relationships with the Son, but the bible mentions stuff like "the prayers of a righteous man avail much" and in another place hint that a person's sins can get in the way of ? hearing their prayer.

Your are correct . ? hears the prayers of everybody but he cannot always do something about it because the person is still living incorrectly or still has far too much wickedness in their hearts, so we limit the power of ? in our lives by doing wrong things.

Also people have this faulty notion that prayer is for ? to give them something but that is not what prayer is really for ( but it can happen) prayer is primarily for the individual to align themselves with ? so that he can give them what he wanted to give the in the first place.

What does ? want to give you??? read the bible, pray and study and you will find out.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shame the Devil and speak the truth somebody

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KgH2yyMrm7Q/VY3r44-6FvI/AAAAAAAAi20/fVyf1d4AQzA/s3200/? -needs-satan-61288104589.jpeg[/img]

all those pics are horrifying but the boy under 'needs' just gets me mad. if there's one thing that no one in this world should be doing, its going hungry.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options

Holy heaven, ? has tried, he's begged, he's pleaded, he's slaughtered, he's sacrificed himself, there is nothing that is gonna wake these humans up!!! Except, maybe them almost wiping themselves out.

Maybe humans haven't "woken up" because ? didn't try hard enough to gain the attention and respect of mankind. What is this ? doing now, in the age of Youtube, Twitter, and Snapchat? Nowhere to be found. And what do you mean ? pleaded, I don't see any gods begging and pleading anywhere.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Ehhh that's questionable because many kids are innocent, pray, and still end up with horrible, natural diseases. And many times they're untreatable and makes the child suffer unnecessarily. What kind of sins does a 3 year old kid have, to not have his or her prayers answered if things like that come up? Meanwhile, plenty of people lead greedy, "sinful", and selfish lives and seem to have their way all the time. It doesn't seem likely being Christian gives anyone a distinct advantage on prayer or really anything else in life, there are plenty of lucky Muslims or non-religious people out there.

• kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Shame the Devil and speak the truth somebody

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KgH2yyMrm7Q/VY3r44-6FvI/AAAAAAAAi20/fVyf1d4AQzA/s3200/? -needs-satan-61288104589.jpeg[/img]

all those pics are horrifying but the boy under 'needs' just gets me mad. if there's one thing that no one in this world should be doing, its going hungry.

I agree, there's plenty of food out there. But it's not distributed or grown evenly, drought and desertification is making the problem worse. Even in America, 1 in 6 goes hungry every night. Imagine how nations with really bad economies or weather conditions are doing.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/venezuela

Friday 13 May 2016

Crowds steal flour, chicken and underwear in looting spree in Venezuela

Episodes of looting increase as basic products run short in oil-exporting country, with opposition blaming president’s economic policies

Crowds of people in Venezuela have stolen flour, chicken and even underwear this week as looting increases across the country in the wake of shortages of many basic products. Many people have adopted the habit of getting up in the dead of night to spend hours in long lines in front of supermarkets. But as more end up empty-handed and black market prices soar, plundering is rising in Venezuela, an Opec nation that was already one of the world’s most violent countries.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options

Your are correct . ? hears the prayers of everybody but he cannot always do something about it because the person is still living incorrectly or still has far too much wickedness in their hearts, so we limit the power of ? in our lives by doing wrong things.

Also people have this faulty notion that prayer is for ? to give them something but that is not what prayer is really for ( but it can happen) prayer is primarily for the individual to align themselves with ? so that he can give them what he wanted to give the in the first place.

What does ? want to give you??? read the bible, pray and study and you will find out.

So when a 6 year old kid with a brain tumor prays to "? " and suffers a brutal death until the end, he or she didn't get the prayer answered because they had too much wickedness in their hearts? Give me a damn break LMAO that's one of the silliest things I've ever heard in my entire life. I guess when kids are born with holes in their heart or born paralyzed, and they pray for better days, they have to accept that ? wanted them to have an entire life of suffering. Geez, that sounds very nice.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The devil is a ? .
  • Fosheezy
    edited May 2016
    Options

Ehhh that's questionable because many kids are innocent, pray, and still end up with horrible, natural diseases. And many times they're untreatable and makes the child suffer unnecessarily. What kind of sins does a 3 year old kid have, to not have his or her prayers answered if things like that come up? Meanwhile, plenty of people lead greedy, "sinful", and selfish lives and seem to have their way all the time. It doesn't seem likely being Christian gives anyone a distinct advantage on prayer or really anything else in life, there are plenty of lucky Muslims or non-religious people out there.

innocent children have privilege of prayer, they don't have an issue of sin stopping their prayers from reaching ? . I have no idea why ? may or may not simply wipe away some people afflictions when born with them, i don't know his plans like that...i mean it might look like they suffer unnecessarily to US, but in the Bible it's mentioned that in other ways that we may not be able to detect ? reveals his glory through them. Like when the disciples asked Jesus why the blind man was born that way.

You gotta realize everybody suffer with SOME kind of problems in life...there's both good and bad things about their life. Just because i'm afflicted by one thing whether lifelong or not, you think about gonna let it rob me of my happiness or that im gonna ignore all the other good things i have? Not me! There's people with everything a man could want who still are miserable and commit suicide, and there's people who are homeless or have nothing that seem happy as ever.

Like i said it a person doesn't have to be Christian or righteous to be blessed. but that's not the REASON they may be blessed. And remember, just because they seem blessed now doesn't mean it's going to always be that way.
    "Behold, these are the ungodly, who are always at ease; they increase in riches. Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocence. For all day long I have been plagued, and chastened every morning. If I had said, "I will speak thus," Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children. When I thought how to understand this, it was too painful for me -- until I went into the sanctuary of ? ; then I understood their end. Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction. Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors" (Psalms 73:12-19).

in contrast, one of the differences with a Christians and the innocent is that they have spiritual blessings that will never go away even beyond death. that's what's really important. it's not just the physical stuff.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Maybe humans haven't "woken up" because ? didn't try hard enough to gain the attention and respect of mankind. What is this ? doing now, in the age of Youtube, Twitter, and Snapchat? Nowhere to be found. And what do you mean ? pleaded, I don't see any gods begging and pleading anywhere.

? doesn't beg anymore, learned long ago humans were too selfish to notice.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The devil loves me? The devil knew that without wisdom or understanding; knowledge of good and evil is a curse. I never knew of evil, so how could I avoid getting caught in the snares of evil? ? knew, ? said not to touch that ? , cuz ? knew without wisdom and understanding, knowledge of good and evil is a death sentence.

Devil didn't tell me, "oh btw, you won't have that knowledge right away, it gathers over time, mistake after mistake after mistake, and that's only if you learn from the mistake."
    There is no wisdom without knowledge. That's called foolishness; to profess to understand without even knowing.

YEAH NOW thanks to the snake

That doesn't even make any ? sense.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    A child knows fire is hot because his mother tells him so. He understands what 'fire is hot' means when he touches it for himself. Wisdom is the application of that understanding.
    A child understands what "fire is hot" means when the child knows the definition of the words fire, is, and hot. Simply being told a fact is not equivalent to knowing or understanding it. If you cannot comprehend what you're being told, then how could you possibly know it? You've merely been made aware of it.

So it's awareness, then comprehension, then, knowledge, then understanding, then wisdom.

And then action.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    A child understands what "fire is hot" means when the child knows the definition of the words fire, is, and hot. Simply being told a fact is not equivalent to knowing or understanding it. If you cannot comprehend what you're being told, then how could you possibly know it? You've merely been made aware of it.

So it's awareness, then comprehension, then, knowledge, then understanding, then wisdom.

And then action.

You know your abc's before you understand what they mean and their purpose.

Comprehension is understanding and being made aware of something is knowing something. If you are not aware of something, you don't know something.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

innocent children have privilege of prayer, they don't have an issue of sin stopping their prayers from reaching ? . I have no idea why ? may or may not simply wipe away some people afflictions when born with them, i don't know his plans like that...i mean it might look like they suffer unnecessarily to US, but in the Bible it's mentioned that in other ways that we may not be able to detect ? reveals his glory through them. Like when the disciples asked Jesus why the blind man was born that way.

You gotta realize everybody suffer with SOME kind of problems in life...there's both good and bad things about their life. Just because i'm afflicted by one thing whether lifelong or not, you think about gonna let it rob me of my happiness or that im gonna ignore all the other good things i have? Not me! There's people with everything a man could want who still are miserable and commit suicide, and there's people who are homeless or have nothing that seem happy as ever.

Like i said it a person doesn't have to be Christian or righteous to be blessed. but that's not the REASON they may be blessed. And remember, just because they seem blessed now doesn't mean it's going to always be that way.
    "Behold, these are the ungodly, who are always at ease; they increase in riches. Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocence. For all day long I have been plagued, and chastened every morning. If I had said, "I will speak thus," Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children. When I thought how to understand this, it was too painful for me -- until I went into the sanctuary of ? ; then I understood their end. Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction. Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors" (Psalms 73:12-19).

in contrast, one of the differences with a Christians and the innocent is that they have spiritual blessings that will never go away even beyond death. that's what's really important. it's not just the physical stuff.

It seems Christians rarely know the Bible ? 's plans lol, that's part of my problem with the Christian view. We demand transparency from politicians, but the Bible ? won't make its plans clear. I'm not seeing a compelling reason to take the Bible ? seriously when Jesus himself said ? answers prayers and can fulfill anything, but yet millions of kids worldwide are afflicted with incurable, natural diseases and disasters.

In mostly Christian Venezuela, people throughout the country are telling reporters they're hungry and water has been cut off, and all I see is an absentee ? who is doing his best Harry Houdini impression. Spiritual blessings are great too I guess but I see no evidence it's even capable of that. What makes you think the Bible ? is capable of spiritual blessings when it can't even give many the basics of life?
  • soul rattler
    Options

And then action.

You know your abc's before you understand what they mean and their purpose.

Comprehension is understanding and being made aware of something is knowing something. If you are not aware of something, you don't know something.

You're mostly agreeing with me.

I make the difference between comprehension and understanding in that comprehending a thing is conceptualizing what it is fundamentally on its own, whereas understanding it is getting its role in relation to other things.