What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

CeeLo Spills the Truth: Andre 3k vs. Drake + Dungeon Family Reunion Show

Replies

• StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,208 Regulator
    RZA got good songs but this ain't fair to him. Cut it out
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of RZA... new shit

Banks-And-Steelz-Anything-But-Words-640x640.jpg
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

• DaBullDaBull It's a Movement Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't be that naive to think Drake the first mainstream rapper to have a ghostwriter . Especially Andre being in the game for over 20 years. You're asinine to think he never saw a rapper use one before

talkto em.

jigga warriors in here extra naive. as usual!
    35l6h3r.gif

"The only player who has put in the work and deserves comparison, is Kobe" - Jordan
    "Kobe Bryant has surpassed me as the greatest Laker" - Magic
    "If I want to have fun, I'll play with Lebron. If I want to win, I'm taking Kobe - Bird

2000-2001 Kobe
    28.5ppg 5.9rpg 5.0apg 1.7spg 46.4% FG

2000-2001 Shaq
    28.7ppg 12.7rpg 3.7apg 2.8bpg 57.2% FG
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo I'm a wu tang fan and all shit you can see it in my screenname and sig but son did you really just say rza is a better rapper than ceeLo?

I'm a Goodie mob and Ceelo fan. I think Ceelo is one of the top southern lyricist. Without a doubt RZA is a better lyricist and MC by any metric you can think of. More quotables, more commercial success, better features, better group and solo projects.

I like Rza more than most on here, but no way in hell his solo projects are better than Cee Lo's even if you account for the fact that Cee Lo's aren't straight rap albums.

Ya'll niggas need to go listen to Killarmy or something though. Killa Sin is dope. He's up there with Killah Priest and Shyheim as far as Wu affiliates that are actually good.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    4:44
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    will grimey
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at CeeLo being a good MC. You niggas are nothing short of ridiculous. The bias is too real.

CeeLo is a monster midget that can half sing. Ain't nothing MC about him.
    sr_the_freshmanCashmoneyDuxrip.dillaBreezy_KilroyEther44mag
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at CeeLo being a good MC. You niggas are nothing short of ridiculous. The bias is too real.

CeeLo is a monster midget that can half sing. Ain't nothing MC about him.

Comments like this make me wonder if some of you even know the shit you speak on. I can understand not thinking Cee Lo is one of the best. I can understand not liking him. But I don't see how anyone can listen to Soul Food or Still Standing and say Cee Lo isn't an MC. Some of ya'll just say shit to say shit.

Stop. CeeLo is not an MC. This is some regional shit that you guys are trying to push as some Hip-Hop fact.

If I said the same about Papoose, you guys would laugh and claim homie is a fraud, despite having a decent-sized body of work, yet CeeLo is a cold MC from some verses he spit 20 years ago that wasn't even hitting like that.
    sr_the_freshmanCashmoneyDuxrip.dillaKamPushMe
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

He still off beat.
    tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited August 2016
    RZA be off beat but that is apart of his charm.
    Cee Lo's delivery is annoying as fuck, but I'd also say that is apart of his charm along with his other transgressions.

They about equal. Some of ya'll are out of pocket.

This is very correct. Cee Lo be rambling off beat for internal rhymes then catches the end rhyme. I like it but I know people that think it is wack. Big Boi has that style but pairs it with double and triple syllable rhymes so it punches better.
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »
    You can't be that naive to think Drake the first mainstream rapper to have a ghostwriter . Especially Andre being in the game for over 20 years. You're asinine to think he never saw a rapper use one before

talkto em.

jigga warriors in here extra naive. as usual!

What does Jay Z have to do with this? Here you go again trollin lol
    28ivma8.png
    LcnsdbyROYALTYMrCrookedLetterStoneColdMikeysr_the_freshman
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynPosts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cee Lo's delivery is annoying as fuck, but I'd also say that is apart of his charm along with his other transgressions.

Word, the nerve of niggas calling RZA offbeat in a Cee Lo thread. Matter of fact, the only dude in Goodie Mob that attempted to stay on beat was Big Gipp. That's what made them unique tho... if you can get past all that, then you have the privilege of finding some jewels.

And Bobby Digital in Stereo, Digital Bullet and Birth of a Prince are personal classics. Fuck what y'all talkin about.
    sr_the_freshmanListencloserKamPushMerip.dilla
  • sr_the_freshmansr_the_freshman 2014 Reason Poster Of The Year Philadelphia, PAPosts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »

RZA being off beat is a fact. Cee-Lo's delivery being annoying is your opinion as many of us don't feel that way.

That's a fair assessment, but niggas can argue that RZA's off beat flow is made up for in his actual bars and riffs.

This is an extreme example, but niggas like Lil Uzi can ride the shit out of a beat and sonically sound ok, but the rhymes and overall lyrical content is beyond trash.

I'm not saying Cee-Lo's bars and lyrical content is trash or subpar by any means. I'm just saying when picked apart with a fine tooth comb, RZA's dabbled flow is justified in some aspects because he's trying hard to squeeze rappity rap shit in the bar.

They are honestly both a little too flawed as MCs for there to be a serious argument in either direction.
    RZA's off beat but it isnt THAT far off. And Cee Lo isnt that technically spectacular either.
    Roster Player #99
    Rza doesn't always rap offbeat though. It's his style. He has changed it up though. That said, it's hit or miss. There are songs where it sounds dope, songs where it sounds horrible, and songs where it's hit or miss depending on who's listening.

m63Y62.gif
    Stewsr_the_freshman
  • KamPushMeKamPushMe Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off beat or not, Rza still has dope lyrics. Y'all need to stop fronting.
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Off beat or not, Rza still has dope lyrics. Y'all need to stop fronting.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say otherwise.

m63Y62.gif