Name some good sports bars in your city to check out....

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
I figure since some of us roam this world, it'd be nice to have a reference point if we're in a unfamiliar city, and want to check a good game going on while we're out, and get some beers or food while we're at it. (And ? Yelp, before you smart-? try to bring that up)....

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    PUBLIC HOUSE in the lobby of the Luxor Hotel in Vegas.

? . Them short rib tacos. <3
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hudson Grille, Twin Peaks and Dougan's in Atlanta.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Twin peaks is nice. Always packed though
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

How is the atmosphere? I might check it out when I come home in February
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

How is the atmosphere? I might check it out when I come home in February

It's girls in short shorts. Anything there's a big sporting event, it gets packed. They do have cheap drink specials especially for shots
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    Bout to head to Mo's in Fort Greene. I smashed a lot of chicks in this ? . Hopefully i don't get recognized by an old fling or old friends from my high school days. I hope they have new bartenders because the old ones are starting to notice that i don't tip

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/08/nyc-bars-that-play-rap/mos-fort-greene

o.jpg

Because there are more neighborhoods in New York than the Internet will allow you to believe, Mo's is not only a bar where you can watch sports and listen to hip-hop, but is also in a neighborhood where you don't have to share your space with every ? in the city. The Fort Greene crowd can be a bit older (and by older we mean, they consider their credit score several times a year but they still know what ratchet means.) Is it small? Of course. Does it have a great happy hour—it's on this list right? Hell, even the hipsters write great Yelp reviews about the place. They play old head rap and new stuff, but you can successfully avoid a "trap night" and you've probably already forgotten how much happier you were before that trend happened.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rehab burger therapy
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wet Willie's buffalo wild wings barnacles and stats too.
  • MallyG
    edited December 2016
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Wet Willie's buffalo wild wings barnacles and stats too.

@aneed123

I love/hate Wet ? . Luv it b/c the women, but I don't care for the setup, ? can get tight in there QUICK!

BWW is always cool and there's a lot of them around, but their food is hella expensive and the food is "meh".

I phucks w/ Barnacles, it's jus far as hell from me....

and I STILL haven't been to Stats!! smh
  • aneed123
    Options
    The barnacles off pleasant hill in gwinnett used to jump Thursday - sat. Wet Willie's be cool cuz of the music and ? just get too packed.
  • Mister B.
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If there are any Philly fans that end up in NYC, there's two spots for you to go to:

1) Shorty's - shortysnyc.com/
    The only real Philly spot in NYC. One of the few places that knows how to make a semi-decent cheesesteak.

logo.png

location-3.jpg

2) Turtle Bay - turtlebaynyc.com/
    They show Eagles game exclusively, especially when they have prime time games.

hbgia.jpg

Re5wP.jpg

j2g1A.jpg
    (Fries suck, tho)
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wet ? is the reason I dont ? with alot of sport bars in the ATL. I actually go to watch a game. That ? is a bar. Not a sports bar but a bar with a couple of TV in there.

Sports Cafe in Jonesboro but you bound to see anything ? around in Clayco
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    The barnacles off pleasant hill in gwinnett used to jump Thursday - sat. Wet Willie's be cool cuz of the music and ? just get too packed.

Yea I use to go to that one on some Thursdays. Once in a blue moon I'll hit that ? up on a Sunday for the games.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    214386-92916.jpg

Half the bars in San Marcos are in the Square downtown and overrun with college kids. Not my scene. I still hit up Gold Crown from time to time, but ? always popping off. Bikinis used to be the ? , especially for UFC, but they went up in flames a few years ago.
  • MallyG
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Wet ? is the reason I dont ? with alot of sport bars in the ATL. I actually go to watch a game. That ? is a bar. Not a sports bar but a bar with a couple of TV in there.

Sports Cafe in Jonesboro but you bound to see anything ? around in Clayco

@caddo man

U talkin' bout the jawnt on Tara Blvd right by Golden Corral??

If so, I never been inside, but that ? STAAYYY packed!!
  • caddo man
    Options
    Yeah, that place looks homely as hell but it is always jumping. That is the way of the ATL bars.

TopGolf is also the new spot. It is crazy! I havent been yet but a coworker tells me that it is a nightclub on most days.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    214386-92916.jpg

Half the bars in San Marcos are in the Square downtown and overrun with college kids. Not my scene. I still hit up Gold Crown from time to time, but ? always popping off. Bikinis used to be the ? , especially for UFC, but they went up in flames a few years ago.

You been to that new ? in San Marcos yet?
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, that place looks homely as hell but it is always jumping. That is the way of the ATL bars.

TopGolf is also the new spot. It is crazy! I havent been yet but a coworker tells me that it is a nightclub on most days.

TRUTH

• MallyG
    Options

I haven't made it up there either, but I've heard the same from many people.

They actually got a New Year's Party goin' on up there, I might look into that.
  • aneed123
    Options

It's cool.it new so Eryone and they moms be there ? galore.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Bruh I am about to tell my age but I remember when Dave and Busters in Marietta popped off. We would hit that place at 2pm and then leave at 8pm and head to Vegas Nights at 11pm. That 3 hours was to ? the chick you met at D&B and then take a shower get something to eat and pregame some more.

It got to the point that if you had a job you wasnt getting into D&B without sitting in line. It just so happen that our SEL loved to club too. We would change clothes at work to head over there.
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real Sports Bar right front of the ACC. Huge ass TV, really good atmosphere (especially come playoff time) sometimes you'll find players hanging out there too after the game
  • Mister B.
    Options
    Some NYC spots:

Check out Franklin Ave in Crown Heights - I-95 South and Franklin Park are right next door to each other. Crown's is there, too. All are decent.

Slate on 21st St in Manhattan is a tough ass spot, but it gets real nightclub like after 8 on Fridays.
    Slate