What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

So Is It Fair To Say That Ashes to Ashes>>>Hunger For More 2?

2»

Replies

  • bmoreeastbmoreeast Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    While Banks maybe more lyrical then Ross he def doesnt have the ability to craft whole albums like Ross. Ross is def a more well rounded artist then Banks. Thats the same as Canibus being a better lyricist then Banks yet he def isnt a better artist then Banks. I only listened to a couple of songs off Ashes to Ashes, but so far its been straight.
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    While Banks maybe more lyrical then Ross he def doesnt have the ability to craft whole albums like Ross. Ross is def a more well rounded artist then Banks. Thats the same as Canibus being a better lyricist then Banks yet he def isnt a better artist then Banks. I only listened to a couple of songs off Ashes to Ashes, but so far its been straight.

    laughable nigga.
    trust no one, just my sig
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    Really, really????
    So unless youve been living n a cave for the pass yr, how is it possible to not hv heard Bmf or Aston Martin music?

    i dont listen to the radio because it plays wack artists like Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc.

    ive never even heard "Lollipop"
    trust no one, just my sig
  • MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    riddlerap wrote: »
    i dont listen to the radio because it plays wack artists like Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc.

    ive never even heard "Lollipop"

    edlover3.jpg
    .............
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    all i know is some line like "shawty wanna thug, bottles in the club" or something cause one of my friends always said it loLOLol
    trust no one, just my sig
  • WildcatOffenseWildcatOffense Posts: 961
    edited December 2010
    166169_188141357867754_100000156733926_769183_7112715_n.jpg
    ..................
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    riddlerap wrote: »
    all i know is some line like "shawty wanna thug, bottles in the club" or something cause one of my friends always said it loLOLol

    lying ass nigga
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    no nigga i pride myself on not listening to wack shit that i wouldnt like
    trust no one, just my sig
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    banks album is crazy i'm not checking for a ross mixtape, after you get pass the incredible beats there's nothing there banks helps the beats.
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • gum989gum989 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    lying ass nigga

    It IS possible. I've made it a point to never hear Lil B, and to this day I've never even heard his voice for a split second (except for "Vans", and I didn't/don't even know which one was him). I usually don't tell people this 'cause I'm afraid someone will try to get me on some "Rick Rolled" type shit with a Lil B video or somethin'.
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    gum989 wrote: »
    It IS possible. I've made it a point to never hear Lil B, and to this day I've never even heard his voice for a split second (except for "Vans", and I didn't/don't even know which one was him). I usually don't tell people this 'cause I'm afraid someone will try to get me on some "Rick Rolled" type shit with a Lil B video or somethin'.

    lOLO some people have tried to do that with me and Lollipop
    trust no one, just my sig
  • StillDreamingStillDreaming Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    banks album is crazy i'm not checking for a ross mixtape, after you get pass the incredible beats there's nothing there banks helps the beats.

    Clear, concise enunciation>>>>Raspy, monotone mumbling

    ROSS 2010 MVP
    Im in my granddaddy smoking on that granddaddy
    It got odor like a motor running fantastic


    Ross>>>>>>>>>Biggie

    Song of the Day


  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    having the brainpower to understand someone who isnt just talking over beats >>>>
    trust no one, just my sig
  • savage lifesavage life Posts: 112
    edited December 2010
    i know G-unit fans. i know haters even more. so there's a 99.75% chance that the people that say HFM2 is better than Ashes NEVER EVEN HEARD ASHES BEFORE. thats just how G-unit fans and the general hater society works. banks is cool with the word play and yeah he lyrical but this dude just isnt good at making good music. 50 wasnt lyrical or had good word play. talent wise he was pretty average but the nigga made good music. Now even though Ross isnt ass lyrical or as nice with the word play he still has all those characteristics plus flow AND he makes good music. G-unit was a phase for the wanna be "gangsters". now that that phase it over with, they are over with. plain and simple
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i know G-unit fans. i know haters even more. so there's a 99.75% chance that the people that say HFM2 is better than Ashes NEVER EVEN HEARD ASHES BEFORE. thats just how G-unit fans and the general hater society works. banks is cool with the word play and yeah he lyrical but this dude just isnt good at making good music. 50 wasnt lyrical or had good word play. talent wise he was pretty average but the nigga made good music. Now even though Ross isnt ass lyrical or as nice with the word play he still has all those characteristics plus flow AND he makes good music. G-unit was a phase for the wanna be "gangsters". now that that phase it over with, they are over with. plain and simple

    And Rick Ross is only good at picking beats. Can't rap for shit. And you talking bout how niggas never heard Ashes to Ashes like it didn't just come out yesterday.
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i know G-unit fans. i know haters even more. so there's a 99.75% chance that the people that say HFM2 is better than Ashes NEVER EVEN HEARD ASHES BEFORE. thats just how G-unit fans and the general hater society works. banks is cool with the word play and yeah he lyrical but this dude just isnt good at making good music. 50 wasnt lyrical or had good word play. talent wise he was pretty average but the nigga made good music. Now even though Ross isnt ass lyrical or as nice with the word play he still has all those characteristics plus flow AND he makes good music. G-unit was a phase for the wanna be "gangsters". now that that phase it over with, they are over with. plain and simple

    right on the head..

    thats where this post hit it..
  • savage lifesavage life Posts: 112
    edited December 2010
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    And Rick Ross is only good at picking beats. Can't rap for shit. And you talking bout how niggas never heard Ashes to Ashes like it didn't just come out yesterday.

    i dont care if the shit didnt come out till next week. haters will talk about as if they heard and still try and compare it to something else. and i respect if you just dont like ross for whatever reason. but you cant sit here and say the nigga just cant rap. now you sound like you hating and talking out your ass
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Clear, concise enunciation>>>>Raspy, monotone mumbling

    ROSS 2010 MVP

    with that being said banks is still better
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Nah HFM2 >> Ashes and yeah I listened to both
  • cubaroidcubaroid Posts: 483
    edited December 2010
    hfm2 is dope , havent heard ross's new shit yet .. is it original music or jackd beats?
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i heard tha samples on amazon for hfm2 and it had some pretty good beats. i mean i really don't listen to lloyd banks anymore and haven't since that whole gay porno thing.

    nigga wtf? woat reason since he never did gay porn.
    trust no one, just my sig
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I just listened to ashes to ashes.shit ain't that nice like y'all say it is
    same goes for hfm2
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i dont care if the shit didnt come out till next week. haters will talk about as if they heard and still try and compare it to something else. and i respect if you just dont like ross for whatever reason. but you cant sit here and say the nigga just cant rap. now you sound like you hating and talking out your ass

    I'm talking out my ass because I say the nigga can't rap? Shit, he can't. I'm just being honest
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.