The Nagging Mom: What the **** is up with women and censorship?

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    534uyiz60kkd.jpg

So now look how they doing ya man's Spidey...
    0w77tqdicqph.png

Yep, he's wearing his gf shirt. A ? about feminism...smh
  • jono
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics

true but girls was always gaming. they only played kiddie ? like super Mario or Kirby though.

Qhere the dollars go is what concerned these consummer driven / simp leeches women.

They dont want you to spend their starbucks, dinner, drinks on video games. They dont want to get ignored for a month because GTA 6 is on.

Thats why they will try to shame and sabotage the evergrowing gaming industry.

The era of super simps is over. Right here right now im telling that woman that i ll probably spend our saturday date money into SHADOW OF WAR without any shame. Because if i do the math that game will give a month woth of pleasure while her ? is only an hour worth of pleasure.

Unless she pays i reaĺly think that she will have to find another ?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women due for a market correction sooner or later after more men realize they don’t really contribute much anything outside of nags and good looks.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Women due for a market correction sooner or later after more men realize they don’t really contribute much anything outside of nags and good looks.

Look around you bruh, look closely : men have built a whole consumerist society AROUND AND FOR WOMEN. You can call it SIMPATIST STATES OF AMERICA. You live in simp oriented world where you ve been wored and, if you try to think otherwise, PEER PRESSURED to do errtang for women.

Here are the catch phrases:
    - big cars attracts women
    - big money attracts women
    - big houses attracts women
    - big and far away vacations
    - big spending in big malls
    - big watches, big wardrobe
    - big baller this big baller that

For who ? WOMEN. What can they offer ?

-their fast and furious fading beauty especially in our obese societies
    - MAYBE THEIR ? / MOUTH/ ?

DO THE ? MATH!!!

Do you think that they want it to change, aside idiots feminazies? NO. But its too late. They got tooo greedy with alimony, child support and men spaces colonization, even comics smh.

They have forced us to look deeep into the secret foundation of society and men women interraction. And now more and more men are saying :

You know what super woman, go to work, pay the bills, drinks, pay for restaurant, hotel rooms, vacations. Hand me my PS 4 controller please.

This is the end of free ride. Some women are made for this but imo most dont. They are feeling the pain of having to work that dollar and take a shower, making up and count their money to buy drinks, pay half the restaurant bill and half the taxy. ? i make them pay for condoms.

For all the bad, agressive feminism has freed us.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    534uyiz60kkd.jpg

0w77tqdicqph.png

Ex billionaire CEO?!?!?Helost his money?!?!?! Wtf spidey?!?!?
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Look around you bruh, look closely : men have built a whole consumerist society AROUND AND FOR WOMEN. You can call it SIMPATIST STATES OF AMERICA. You live in simp oriented world where you ve been wored and, if you try to think otherwise, PEER PRESSURED to do errtang for women.

DO THE ? MATH!!!

Do you think that they want it to change, aside idiots feminazies? NO. But its too late. They got tooo greedy with alimony, child support and men spaces colonization, even comics smh.

They have forced us to look deeep into the secret foundation of society and men women interraction. And now more and more men are saying :

You know what super woman, go to work, pay the bills, drinks, pay for restaurant, hotel rooms, vacations. Hand me my PS 4 controller please.

This is the end of free ride. Some women are made for this but imo most dont. They are feeling the pain of having to work that dollar and take a shower, making up and count their money to buy drinks, pay half the restaurant bill and half the taxy. ? i make them pay for condoms.

MGTOW OR DIE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

DO THE ? MATH!!!

MGTOW OR DIE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It not MGTOW, ITS SOCIAL CONTRACT RENEGOTIATION.

Women are working , we want our male valentines day.
    Massage me or i wont give you that ? .
    I take you Swarovsky, the take me to Gamestop.
    Surprise me with the next COD preorder, collector edition.
    Go the ? gym. I aint signing up for two year of your youth.

Lol. In a nutshell your demands have to be on par with what you bring in. ? is not enough
  • jono
    Options
    534uyiz60kkd.jpg

0w77tqdicqph.png

Yeah he lost it all during Secret Empire.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics

true but girls was always gaming. they only played kiddie ? like super Mario or Kirby though.

That's what folks dont get.

Women read comics and manga too but it ain't the same ? men read.

People think everybody should do everything. Sometimes people just ain't interested!

Women and girls buy and or read comics and such that is women friendly... Even though we make up a significant portion of the market very little is catered towards us which is a part of the problem

And at the end of the day we live in a capitalist society

The ultimate goal is to expend ur market to make more money

That means making comics more accessible to minorities including women, poc and ? now that they have more buying power

Comics, and video games to a lesser extent, also have a long history of racist caricature that the industry is now grapling with

There are more blk super heroes

And recently batman confronts police racism in latest comic book so you have a problem with that?

Should the industry not be held responsible for the misogyny and racism they perpetuate

Should the industry not feel as though they have a social responsibility to address these things? Or rather why do yall have such a big problem with it

*shrugs*

Before anyone starts most popular female spaces and publications do not perpetuate the same contempt for anything other and objectification of the opposite sex at all. most of them is centered around what women can do to keep a man, i.e. lose weight, tone, makeup, head manuals etc
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    534uyiz60kkd.jpg

0w77tqdicqph.png

did he blow it with a drug habit and a crazy summer or did his company take a dive on the market and he went bankrupt?
  • jono
    Options
    534uyiz60kkd.jpg

0w77tqdicqph.png

did he blow it with a drug habit and a crazy summer or did his company take a dive on the market and he went bankrupt?

It was some dumb ? about Dr. Octopus trying to take over Parker Industries and turn it over to Hydra, so Pete destroyed all the IP and went outta business.
  • jono
    edited October 2017
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

People think everybody should do everything. Sometimes people just ain't interested!

Women and girls buy and or read comics and such that is women friendly... Even though we make up a significant portion of the market very little is catered towards us which is a part of the problem

That means making comics more accessible to minorities including women, poc and ? now that they have more buying power

Comics, and video games to a lesser extent, also have a long history of racist caricature that the industry is now grapling with

And recently batman confronts police racism in latest comic book so you have a problem with that?

Should the industry not be held responsible for the misogyny and racism they perpetuate

Should the industry not feel as though they have a social responsibility to address these things? Or rather why do yall have such a big problem with it

*shrugs*

Before anyone starts most popular female spaces and publications do not perpetuate the same contempt for anything other and objectification of the opposite sex at all. most of them is centered around what women can do to keep a man, i.e. lose weight, tone, makeup, head manuals etc

Your problem is that you're making something that's not political -- political!

Watch whatever you want, read whatever you want nobody gives a ? .

People give a ? when you decide to change what they want into some ? you want.

Nobody wants to be preached to or lambasted for liking something. Move on. Take all that nagging ? somewhere else, ? was having fun over here.

If you really liked something, you wouldn't go out of your way to change it. It's that type of thinking that is ruining fun ventures.

All this policing of the imagination, telling people what they can and can't fantasize about or buy with their money... ? is arrogant as ? .

Everything ain't about you and your politics.

Get the ? on!

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Females dont make up a significant percentage of the comic industry market.

The sales nose dive in marvel and smaller indie companies like idw image prove that.

Females make up about 4% of the market. The propaganda that females make up 40% is one of the biggest lies that has backfired.

Marvel flagship titles and characters are selling at levels that would have gotten books cancelled 20 years ago.

Captain marvel
    Squirrel girl
    Wasp
    Fem thor
    Cuck spiderman

None of these titles sell. These are books that cater to females, or rather feminist interests. And they can't sell over 25k.

Females dont read comics. Females like to cosplay. They like to play dress up and go to cons, or post pictures on the internet to elicit donations.

This falls in line with typical female behavior.

• LordZuko
    Options
    The black superheroes are lame af.

They put Blade in a Cosby sweater and turned him into a substitute teacher

They turned Luke cage from a bad ass to some poorly written clown

Race swapped mild morales and riri Williams as cosplay iron man is dumb.

The falcon being handed captain America when he had his own established character

All of this smacks of ok patronizing, and liberal white racists who are frightened of black people so they write these flat characters with no depth.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Comics are accessible to people.

Mile high comics was a company that promoted tons of black characters. Original black characters. But black people didn't support it.

Women have always been in comics as characters, writers, editors, main characters

Switching a character to being ? after an established history of the being straight is not making it accessible.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    All you have to do is look at the covers to romance novels to see that the ideation that females don't objectify men is compete and utter trash.

I ain't gonna post covers here because that would be sus af.

Comparing magazines to comic books is a blatant false equivalence and ? me off that you're such a ? you think we'd be stupid enough to not notice.

There are tons of men's publications geared towards weight loss fashion being attractive to women etc etc. That is the 1:1 comparison not comparing a volume of Cosmo to an issue of Batman.

You ? clown.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Nobody wants to be preached to or lambasted for liking something. Move on. Take all that nagging ? somewhere else, ? was having fun over here.

If you really liked something, you wouldn't go out of your way to change it. It's that type of thinking that is ruining fun ventures.

All this policing of the imagination, telling people what they can and can't fantasize about or buy with their money... ? is arrogant as ? .

Get the ? on!

get out your feelings

comics, video games are inherently political because there is no real distinction between politics and stories about the world .... american superhero comics like super man and xmen for instance were political from their earliest days

in the 40s superman was a champion for the oppressed fighting wealthy industrialists and crooked politicians

and it's not about changing what makes comic books and video games video games and comic books... like i said its about practicing social responsibility and expanding the market

again comics and video games aren't just becoming more woman friendly, the industry has made a concerted effort to reach out to poc....even the disabled more than they have done in the past

is that bad? lol

this idea that its about women nagging and wanting to ruin male spaces is your male privilege talking
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Females dont make up a significant percentage of the comic industry market.

The sales nose dive in marvel and smaller indie companies like idw image prove that.

Females make up about 4% of the market. The propaganda that females make up 40% is one of the biggest lies that has backfired.

Marvel flagship titles and characters are selling at levels that would have gotten books cancelled 20 years ago.

Captain marvel
    Squirrel girl
    Wasp
    Fem thor
    Cuck spiderman

None of these titles sell. These are books that cater to females, or rather feminist interests. And they can't sell over 25k.

Females dont read comics. Females like to cosplay. They like to play dress up and go to cons, or post pictures on the internet to elicit donations.

This falls in line with typical female behavior.

receipts?

otherwise from what i read more than a quarter of video gamers and computer gamers are women int he untied states

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232383/gender-split-of-us-computer-and-video-gamers/

as far as with comics there isn't a lot of market research

according to facebook 24 million US comic book fans and yet the best selling books barely sell 100k at best. more than 40% identify as being female. so really no conclusive arguments can be made other than these ppl are potential customers given the right material and marketing

https://graphicpolicy.com/2014/02/01/facebook-fandom-spotlight-who-are-the-us-comic-fans-5/

https://graphicpolicy.com/2013/09/02/facebook-fandom-spotlight-fans-of-female-comic-characters/

also female comic book character fans are largely female. no surpirse ppl like things they can relate too. that said, just because the wasp isn't selling doesn't mean women and girls don't read comics. it could mean the stories and characters could just be bad

and i'm not sure how any of this could be used to make the case promoting and celebrating diversity is not a worthy cause

• jono
    edited October 2017
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Get the ? on!

get out your feelings

comics, video games are inherently political because there is no real distinction between politics and stories about the world .... american superhero comics like super man and xmen for instance were political from their earliest days

in the 40s superman was a champion for the oppressed fighting wealthy industrialists and crooked politicians

and it's not about changing what makes comic books and video games video games and comic books... like i said its about practicing social responsibility and expanding the market

again comics and video games aren't just becoming more woman friendly, the industry has made a concerted effort to reach out to poc....even the disabled more than they have done in the past

is that bad? lol

this idea that its about women nagging and wanting to ruin male spaces is your male privilege talking

The industry was never anti-woman, you can't find a single thing that ever said women weren't welcome.

Female writers and editors going back 30 years
    Female characters going back 60-70 years where is this ? you talking about?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women really are devoid of rational thought at times sheesh!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @Madame_CJSkywalker this is another example of aggressive feminism.

They could march and ask for new ? cahracters for example.
    What is idiotic is demanding that the already existing cahracters change gender and sexual orientation.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Get the ? on!

get out your feelings

is that bad? lol

The industry was never anti-woman, you can't find a single thing that ever said women were welcome.

lol

in video games and comics?

the humor

they way women are drawn and dressed.... the overt sexualization

the tendency to turn women into expendable plot accessories to further the hero’s arc opposed to 3 dimensional characters

same as for most mediums, male characters are given the overwhelming majority of the speaking lines

we have video games where you can only play male characters who have the ability to pick up and ? female prostitutes

wasn't a big, big comic book reader growing up but that was because of the aforementioned and my parents wasn't with it and all the violence
  • jono
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Get the ? on!

get out your feelings

is that bad? lol

The industry was never anti-woman, you can't find a single thing that ever said women were welcome.

lol

in video games and comics?

the humor

they way women are drawn and dressed.... the overt sexualization

the tendency to turn women into expendable plot accessories to further the hero’s arc opposed to 3 dimensional characters

same as for most mediums, male characters are given the overwhelming majority of the speaking lines

we have video games where you can only play male characters who have the ability to pick up and ? female prostitutes

wasn't a big, big comic book reader growing up but that was because of the aforementioned and my parents wasn't with it and all the violence

Women being sexual isn't anti-woman.
    Women are sexual, get over it.