marriage before the age of 25=failure...

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=jek;1032997]LOL @ people not believing they can see the world and experience ? with a loving wife. If anything doin stuff with a soulmate make all those other experiences better. Granted Not every wife is a soulmate but you mean to tell me you cant get thru law school or devry and some other ? with a wife cooking you dinner, helping you study, you getting ? without the girl frontin, and she basically do what a girlfriend would do duties wise.[/QUOTE]

exactly...im not saying go out and get married at 19 but people acting like your life ends when you become married...that probably explains why their so against it to begin with...marriage doesn't equal the end of your life
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol age means different things for men and women, i'm slowly learning that now

i'm 27 feeling good feeling great about not being married

but alotta females around my age are seeing their friends get married and have kids...

plus they're biological clocking isnt exactly ticking yet, but its being wound. they out here looking....
  • QB - 4th Edition
    QB - 4th Edition Banned Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wazz good loo
    dam u old ? lol
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    smh at you young muhfukkas.

Folks used to get married at 15 or 16 and stay together until they die of old age. Not too long ago you had people getting married in their 20's and are still married today (hell, I got married at 28).

Y'all got ADD when it comes to relationships.

Folks used to live alot shorter lives too.

So yeah, they may have gotten married at 15

But they died at 40

@ QB: whattup. yeah im gettin old. i realized it when all my favorite rappers are looking old as ? .

i saw a recent interview with Capone and Noreaga them ? looked like two old drunks.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    Koncept's post act like if u dont wanna get married ur doin something wrong. I disagree.

Everybody aint lookin for a wife, the dudes that understand how to deal with women usually dont get married and if so its definitely not under 25.

Dont get mad cuz u stuck wit the best u could do @ 20. Some people wanna get their stock up first then find a mate.

"Just because u got good head, imma break bread so you can be livin it up?".....Nah, im good

Thank you and c/s
  • QB - 4th Edition
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Folks used to live alot shorter lives too.

So yeah, they may have gotten married at 15

But they died at 40

@ QB: whattup. yeah im gettin old. i realized it when all my favorite rappers are looking old as ? .

i saw a recent interview with Capone and Noreaga them ? looked like two old drunks.

yeah them ? is old lol
    they still poppin tho
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My problem is with the people that look down on me because Im not married and don't have kids. Its almost like they resent my FREEDOM.

Speak on it. I am the SOLE person left on my mom's side of the family that's older than 18 wither not married or with no kids. And I've been with my girl of-and-on since like 2002. (I'm 27; my girl's 26. We both got degrees and career aspirations)

EVERY ? family reunion I hear that same dumb-ass questions:

"When y'all getting married?
    "Where the kids at?"
    "What cha waiting for?"

I'm like, this ain't a race, ? . If we do decided to jump that broom, it'll be on OUR time. Besides, watching them handle my nicece, nephews, and infant cousins is all the motivation we need to keep wearing the baby blockers.

Why the ? do I want to rush to look miserable like y'all for?

I'm sure marriage is cool, but not when you're not ready or "getting marries for the kids' sake". That ? is TAILOR made to fail.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i remember this married chick used to always ask me when im gettin married

like always. she got a divorce about a month ago too.

i asked her about it. she said, "marriage is overrated"

smh @ her wanting to see me miserable.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now I am sure I sound repetitive considering this thread has been done before but that was a long time ago.
    I will say a lot of these "girls" nowadays are focusing way too much on having a big fancy wedding, an extravagant dress and a rock the size of the sun.

I personally would be content with nobody but myself and my man at the altar. Going down to city hall is fine by me and more desirable than a wedding ceremony. Now, if he would like small wedding, then we can discuss and compromise but I would prefer something small or no ceremony at all. We can have a family get together after we have married

As for the ring, if my husband were to purpose to me with a diamond ring, I would then know he was not the man for me.
    A man that knows me will know that I do not like diamonds so I definitely don't want one bought for me. If he were to present me with such a ring clearly he would not know me and marriage wouldn't be an option.

Also, people think that a marriage license often defines their love for each other.

Many obtain a false sense of security or perhaps validation in that persons life. It doesn't justify the depth of your relationship. A wedding or the title "married" doesnt hold any weight when it comes to the actual fabric of the relationship. There are many people who aren't married who have better relationships and respect for the relationship more than some of those who have walked down the aisle. How does that title ALONE validate the quality of the relationship itself? It simply does not. For those who desire marriage, it should be a result of having built a foundation of many factors on solid ground.

Nowadays even relationships seem to be jokes.
    So, only once you put a ring on your finger should you be committed and faithful? Monogamy, trust and honesty only applies to marriages?
    Marriage cannot define anything. It is the two people within the relationship that make it what it is. Don't you think that the relationship prior to the marriage is a window into the life you will live as one unit for the years to come?

The marriage does not mold the relationship, the relationship molds the marriage and what kind of marriage it will be.
    Personally I feel that marriage is taken for granted. People rush to get married then soon after divorced.

I know exactly what it is that I look for in a man. I refuse to settle for anything less than what I need and want. I deserve it as I put forth my all and very best and a good man deserves me.

Until I have been with someone for many years and we are on that level, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, we live together and have been through a lot, marriage is not an option. Marriage is absolute and I will not take that for granted. Once I get married, I dont plan on ever getting divorced.
  • QB - 4th Edition
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i am not reading that ?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i am not reading that ?

I'm sure what she wrote could have been said just as well with fewer words.

Marley likes to hear herself type.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Preach.. men and women.. Most people love the party ring and all the icing of the cake.... instead of the actual cake but its more than that day... its about the duration of the "Marriage"

Its like...

a Circle. not a triangle.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm sure what she wrote could have been said just as well with fewer words.

Marley likes to hear herself type.

Actually, this time I just copied and pasted some of it from a previous thread with the same subject.
    But you're right, I love hearing myself type. The clicking sound my fingers make when pressed upon the buttons is an aphrodisiac.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i am not reading that ?

Right? Neither am I!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now I am sure I sound repetitive considering this thread has been done before but that was a long time ago.
    I will say a lot of these "girls" nowadays are focusing way too much on having a big fancy wedding, an extravagant dress and a rock the size of the sun.

I personally would be content with nobody but myself and my man at the altar. Going down to city hall is fine by me and more desirable than a wedding ceremony. Now, if he would like small wedding, then we can discuss and compromise but I would prefer something small or no ceremony at all. We can have a family get together after we have married

As for the ring, if my husband were to purpose to me with a diamond ring, I would then know he was not the man for me.
    A man that knows me will know that I do not like diamonds so I definitely don't want one bought for me. If he were to present me with such a ring clearly he would not know me and marriage wouldn't be an option.

Also, people think that a marriage license often defines their love for each other.

Many obtain a false sense of security or perhaps validation in that persons life. It doesn't justify the depth of your relationship. A wedding or the title "married" doesnt hold any weight when it comes to the actual fabric of the relationship. There are many people who aren't married who have better relationships and respect for the relationship more than some of those who have walked down the aisle. How does that title ALONE validate the quality of the relationship itself? It simply does not. For those who desire marriage, it should be a result of having built a foundation of many factors on solid ground.

Nowadays even relationships seem to be jokes.
    So, only once you put a ring on your finger should you be committed and faithful? Monogamy, trust and honesty only applies to marriages?
    Marriage cannot define anything. It is the two people within the relationship that make it what it is. Don't you think that the relationship prior to the marriage is a window into the life you will live as one unit for the years to come?

The marriage does not mold the relationship, the relationship molds the marriage and what kind of marriage it will be.
    Personally I feel that marriage is taken for granted. People rush to get married then soon after divorced.

I know exactly what it is that I look for in a man. I refuse to settle for anything less than what I need and want. I deserve it as I put forth my all and very best and a good man deserves me.

Until I have been with someone for many years and we are on that level, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, we live together and have been through a lot, marriage is not an option. Marriage is absolute and I will not take that for granted. Once I get married, I dont plan on ever getting divorced.

I can ? with this.. Print this ? out and pass it around..

But like the prevailing culture.. everything is microwaveable/fast food now adays.. no one wants a homecooked food from the soul
  • QB - 4th Edition
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Right? Neither am I!

lmao......... WHATS GOOD MARLEY MARL!!!
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can ? with this.. Print this ? out and pass it around..

But like the prevailing culture.. everything is microwaveable/fast food now adays.. no one wants a homecooked food from the soul

I wouldn't say no one but I get what you are saying.
    It's like how many from the islands stereotype Americans and say how Americans only eat fast food, they do not cook.
    LMAO.
    I heard a man say that and I couldn't help but laugh. We had a whole discussion about it cause while that does not go for all Americans, there is a vast majority that will choose convenience over cooking, as if cooking is so hard. Cooking a meal doesn't even take that much time but the fast route is often appealing to many.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmao......... WHATS GOOD MARLEY MARL!!!

Hola! Buenas tardes.
    I am just relaxing this Sunday Morning. *looks at time* Oops, Sunday afternoon is what I meant.
    How are you?
  • QB - 4th Edition
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hola! Buenas tardes.
    I am just relaxing this Sunday Morning. *looks at time* Oops, Sunday afternoon is what I meant.
    How are you?

im chillin... doing the same thing you doing...

later today, i'm gonna try to make funnel cakes for the 1st time
    i hope i make em right.. i am an ok cook, but these seem hard lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im chillin... doing the same thing you doing...

later today, i'm gonna try to make funnel cakes for the 1st time
    i hope i make em right.. i am an ok cook, but these seem hard lol

Mmmmmhhh, I love funnel cakes. I love to put ice cream and a bunch of strawberries on top..... *drools a fountain* The combination of hot cake, cold ice cream and juicy strawberries is ......well....* homer drool*
  • QB - 4th Edition
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mmmmmhhh, I love funnel cakes. I love to put ice cream and a bunch of strawberries on top..... *drools a fountain* The combination of hot cake, cold ice cream and juicy strawberries is ......well....* homer drool*

i went to busch gardens a few weeks ago and had some with some apples on top and a pepsi
    that ? was good as hell. i was full afterwards, that ? was actually a meal lol
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Marriage is an outdated concept. Marriage was an institution based on codependecy of Men and Woman
    woman could not work so they needed the stable commitment from a husband for money and financial support. This resorted in it not being
    alot of single woman around so if men wanted steady sex on a daily basis a serios relationship or marriage
    was there best option Those marriages in the 1950's and 60's were not about love it was about convience and security.

now that woman can work the NEED for marriage no longer applies. which is why most marrieges fail now
    Men and woman no longer need each other in the long-term commited way.

Marriage now a days is a nice addition or accesory i life not a requirement.
    The problem is people treat it like a requirment. i would say only about 25% of people
    i9n our generation could really do marriage for 20 yrs plus. its not that we bad people
    its just the economic circumstance for marriages to work smooth on a widescale is not there.

besides if you love each other why do you need a piece of paper to validateit its just
    a freaking piece of paper signed by a judge.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=politicalthug202;1038194

besides if you love each other why do you need a piece of paper to validateit its just
    a freaking piece of paper signed by a judge.[/QUOTE]

If it comes down to this...whats the big deal with getting married when at the end of the day the signing of this paper might bring you SOME financial breaks with taxes.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Marriage is an outdated concept. Marriage was an institution based on codependecy of Men and Woman
    woman could not work so they needed the stable commitment from a husband for money and financial support. This resorted in it not being
    alot of single woman around so if men wanted steady sex on a daily basis a serios relationship or marriage
    was there best option Those marriages in the 1950's and 60's were not about love it was about convience and security.

now that woman can work the NEED for marriage no longer applies. which is why most marrieges fail now
    Men and woman no longer need each other in the long-term commited way.

Marriage now a days is a nice addition or accesory i life not a requirement.
    The problem is people treat it like a requirment. i would say only about 25% of people
    i9n our generation could really do marriage for 20 yrs plus. its not that we bad people
    its just the economic circumstance for marriages to work smooth on a widescale is not there.

a freaking piece of paper signed by a judge.

truth. close thread