Tompetrez Realtalk on HipHop...

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    complaing about isn't going to change the fact.

its a sad day for New York when Midwest Artists have to carry the torch in ciphers. What good is being the king of an lyrically exhasted town. that dont mean ? .
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he aint scared? y would he be scared? he just feel he above that point in his career. Nas wasn't in any of those cyphers. ? only reason eminem was in one cuz he felt he had to prove he was still nice and that's how he started his career doing battles.

and eminem reason is the best reason. why should i believe that Jay Z is this goat that these ? riders cream over. all i read on these threads are Jay Z flow, Jay Z enteredes, Jay Z is a lyricist. If Jay Z is such a boss, don, king it should be NOTHING for him to go outspit some youngins on the strength of hip hop. i dont remember ? in the 70s making excuses about money and being busy when you had to go from project to project slaying MC's. None of this would even be an issue if Jay Z wouldnt make mention of his "competitive spirit". How can jay z be a competitor if he never participates in nothing. A boxer cant sit on a belt.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he aint scared? y would he be scared? he just feel he above that point in his career. Nas wasn't in any of those cyphers. ? only reason eminem was in one cuz he felt he had to prove he was still nice and that's how he started his career doing battles.

and eminem reason is the best reason. why should i believe that Jay Z is this goat that these ? riders cream over. all i read on these threads are Jay Z flow, Jay Z enteredes, Jay Z is a lyricist. If Jay Z is such a boss, don, king it should be NOTHING for him to go outspit some youngins on the strength of hip hop. i dont remember ? in the 70s making excuses about money and being busy when you had to go from project to project slaying MC's. None of this would even be an issue if Jay Z wouldnt make mention of his "competitive spirit". How can jay z be a competitor if he never participates in nothing. A boxer cant sit on a belt.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    none of this changes the fact that Jay Z is a ? riding ? . and for someone who is supposedly helping people blow up he sure has alot of discrepancies with outside parties (dame, jaz o, defjam, live nation) this ? cant do nothing for himself. So what he if he helped ross and jeezy. u dudes praising that ? when he had ghost, ? , red, roots, foxy and other east coast artists he couldnt do nothing with. then yall ? like usuncl3tom wanna come talk ? about the south ruining hip hop. hell Jay Z had a roster full of east coast artists he could of helped balanced out the tone of hip hop with. okay so ill give him jeezy, ross, rihanna, neyo. so thats 2 RandB and 2 "rappers" what about the "hip hop artists" of def jam? he kissing new ? ? before he works artists that been there. no matter if u like ll or not how jay z gonna front on the ? that built def jam. all of his east coast artists complained of his lack of getting the job done for there albums. All this ? do is hop on trends. he never built anyone from the ground up by himself. Hell Jay Z is based off Jaz O. biting is in Jay Z nature
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    none of this changes the fact that Jay Z is a ? riding ? . and for someone who is supposedly helping people blow up he sure has alot of discrepancies with outside parties (dame, jaz o, defjam, live nation) this ? cant do nothing for himself. So what he if he helped ross and jeezy. u dudes praising that ? when he had ghost, ? , red, roots, foxy and other east coast artists he couldnt do nothing with. then yall ? like usuncl3tom wanna come talk ? about the south ruining hip hop. hell Jay Z had a roster full of east coast artists he could of helped balanced out the tone of hip hop with. okay so ill give him jeezy, ross, rihanna, neyo. so thats 2 RandB and 2 "rappers" what about the "hip hop artists" of def jam? he kissing new ? ? before he works artists that been there. no matter if u like ll or not how jay z gonna front on the ? that built def jam. all of his east coast artists complained of his lack of getting the job done for there albums. All this ? do is hop on trends. he never built anyone from the ground up by himself. Hell Jay Z is based off Jaz O. biting is in Jay Z nature
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thanks? now go cry somewhere.

u the one butt hurt. u know im telling the truth. i guess you exhasted from defending ur daddy all night. aint no way in hell i would defend prodigy like yall jigga warriors do for Jay Z. ? .
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thanks? now go cry somewhere.

u the one butt hurt. u know im telling the truth. i guess you exhasted from defending ur daddy all night. aint no way in hell i would defend prodigy like yall jigga warriors do for Jay Z. ? .
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah Kanye is doing what a real ? does for his artists. he gives them some shine. makes them feel involved and important. those dudes looked like they were having a great time and vibing off each other. thats how good music (no pun) is created and spreaded. Money cant buy a moment like they had for that cipher. Im sure Kanye could of been "busy" somewhere also. after all he just gave an epic performance on SNL/VMA a minute ago. im pretty sure BET is a total downgrade but he seizes the moment like a true businessman and musician. Premier DJ'ing alone is worth the admission. VMA's/Good Fridays/SNL and now this. Kanye has been giving back to the spirit of hip hop. who in the hell would of thought they see Pusha T on a national audience in 2010? All of the good friday tracks have been better than 99% of rap ? whole albums. SNL made the same angry whites all starry eyed at Kanye's creativity. ? JAY Z. Kanye got the ? crown now. finally it rests with someone who will try to enhance this culture instead of milk it.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah Kanye is doing what a real ? does for his artists. he gives them some shine. makes them feel involved and important. those dudes looked like they were having a great time and vibing off each other. thats how good music (no pun) is created and spreaded. Money cant buy a moment like they had for that cipher. Im sure Kanye could of been "busy" somewhere also. after all he just gave an epic performance on SNL/VMA a minute ago. im pretty sure BET is a total downgrade but he seizes the moment like a true businessman and musician. Premier DJ'ing alone is worth the admission. VMA's/Good Fridays/SNL and now this. Kanye has been giving back to the spirit of hip hop. who in the hell would of thought they see Pusha T on a national audience in 2010? All of the good friday tracks have been better than 99% of rap ? whole albums. SNL made the same angry whites all starry eyed at Kanye's creativity. ? JAY Z. Kanye got the ? crown now. finally it rests with someone who will try to enhance this culture instead of milk it.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Quit actin like ? dissing Jay Z out of the blue. This is mr. subliminal. throwing rocks and hiding his hands like a middle school ? . Jay Z deserves all the shots thrown at him. He's a washed up rapper and shady businessman trying to stay relevant. What about that ? he pulled on T Pain, Chris Brown? i dont hear any outrage on that. or how about the countless other black rappers u ? consantly hate on every day (Nas Lost, Waka is ? , Yung Berg Lost) Jay Z is just a sucker MC point blank. but it aint like it matter yall ? gonna ride for him no matter what.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yall jigga warriors scared to bring up Vol 2 and BP 2. Horrible follow ups to classic material. Jay Z might as well called Vol2 Its dark and hell is hot pt 2 cause the ? was jigga bouncing all over the damn album trying to sound like DMX. vol 2 was weak compared to vol 1. just pop rap and filler. and i dont even have to speak on that garbage ass blueprint 2. jay z really ? that album up with his ether induced flows. how does a ? cheat in a ? rap battle. the BP2 title track is the equivalent of a 13 year old girl ripping her favorite artists posters off the wall. a pitiful, crybaby style diss record. super ugly made him seem lame and blueprint 2 made him seem delusional and tramatized. besides this track there is nothing else good about bp2. forgetable filler. i know there is a jigga warrior who gonna come in here and act like they bumpin bp 2. stop playing yourself. this is a weak album with no replay value or substance.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blueprint_3_cover.jpg

• tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    in the summer of 95 me and my brother recorded a song to this called crazy ass gangstaz lol
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this is another hate thread from the ic's resident uncle tom. smh @ the ? t/s and the cheerleaders through out this thread. you guys sound like monkeys saying you dont understand raekwon. the part that makes you look stupid is the fact if this was one of Jay Z signature bland lines you dudes would be scanning the internet back and forth trying to turn into a double entrede or metaphor but yet when u get a spitter who throwin jewels yall ? want to put on ur dunce hats and sit in the back of the class on some scared to speak up ? . if you dont understand rae it sucks to be you. he's in incredible lyricist who paints his picture in unique ways. yall missing out on some grade a ? . but at least raekwon had the gall to even participate in the cipher for u lames to judge those lines that went over yall heads. i didnt see that big lipped ? anywhere near. i saw kanye though and i saw eminem. Im still LMAO @ u ? . you dont understand raekwon but you accept a ? who says he dumbed down his music. i blame these 90s crackbaby mamas for givin birth to children with backbones. u dudes will fall for anything
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options

Co sign. I always crank this full blast when im riding around. Killa Season is a hard album. Best Album of 2006
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options

Co sign. I always crank this full blast when im riding around. Killa Season is a hard album. Best Album of 2006
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? big pimpin. UGK been nationally exposed. like i said in another thread. ? new york. who cares on what they caught onto late. u had to be a crackbaby or not listening to hip hop in 90s if u didnt know who UGK was prior to big pimpin. UGK didnt give a ? about "exposure". they were signed to jive. if they wanted to kiss ass to get fans and they didnt need Jay Z. the burbs may not have been familiar with Jay Z but aint no way in hell you could go to the hood and not know who they were. UGK used to do shows all across the country. ? C/Bun B was doing shows all the way in pittsburg, columbus, cincinatti, idaho, baltimore back in the mid 90s. They have a strong loyal fanbase and classic hood tunes. ? C didnt even want to do the ? song. Yall giving Jay Z too much credit.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    White people didnt start listening to Jay Z until Bono gave him the co sign
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    since Jay Z has the midas touch what happened to

Wale-FLOP
    Melanie Fiona-FLOP
    J Cole-UNFAIRLY SHELVED
    Willow Smith-NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THAT SINGLE ANYMORE. WHAT WAS THAT SONG CALLED AGAIN. SMMFH
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    funny how they buzz and relevancy is bigger than sigels right now

were not talking about beans. we talking about how Jay Z has the ability to make people hot. Then why isnt Wale, Melanie Fiona and J Cole bigger than Young Money. 2 Flopped albums and a shelved rapper isnt successful.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    smh. next ? are gonna say jay put camron or dmx on.

or that Jay Z made Lenny Kravitz hot after BP 2 SMMFH
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Nobody said Jay-Z gon make people buy somebody's album, that has already been proved with ? Money, but the fact still remains that by Jay-Z puttin UGK on Big Pimpin, he gave them more of a mainstream, national viewing

and the fact still remains that UGK been signed to jive since 92 so they been on a national level as far as hip hop is concerned. Just because Jay Z exposed them to his fickle POP fanbase dont mean ? .um I didnt see one jigga warrior mention the fact after the song started picking up steam and ? saw that Bun B murdered Jay Z on the album version the fat lipped ? went to go record another verse for the video. You ? want to act like Jay Z gets careers poppin im trying to figure out what happened to Wale, Melanie and J Cole. Gaga did more for Wale than Jay Z did.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    speaking of making people hot and gaga how did Jay Z let her slip through his hands when he was president at Def Jam?
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jay-z? but i thought la reid did all the work

? that ? . yall ? went hard for 100 pages talking about Jay Z did this and that for Jeezy, Ross and Rihanna. Dont bring up LA Reid now.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    I would ? her raw.

co sign. u only live once lol