Carson Palmer about to be traded to the Raiders

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    2013 pick moves to a 1st round pick if the Raiders win a playoff game that year, 2nd round pick if they don't.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Carlton-Dance-GIF.gif

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    carlton-dance-gif.gif

lol, i wouldnt be to happy with cincy track record of drafting in the 1st rd
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wtf were the Raiders smoking. 2 1st rounders for Palmer. dam But at the end of the day they did address a need. I'm just not sure why they gave up so much.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mike Brown could be one win away his whole career but even if I die he's in my will somewhere

- Al Davis
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    why ya'll trippin?

that 1st round pick is going to be a 32

we winning out here
  • _Menace_
    edited October 2011
    Options
    think about.....

what does Oakland need????

there set all around a QB was a missing piece. I like Jason but he cant do it like Carson can.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    think about.....

what does Oakland need????

there set all around a QB was a missing piece. I like Jason but he cant do it like Carson can.

man dont listen to these dudes, they say they know football. talking about we have no picks and this and that.

Our first rd pick in 2012 is CARSON PALMER, 2ND - AARON CURRY 3RD - TERRELL PYROR and plus we get supplemental draft picks 3rd-7 because we lost Nnamdi, Robert Gallery, Zach Miller and Thomas Howard
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree that Palmer can take the Raiders too the next level....but only if the change of scenery is really all he needs to get back to that season he had in...was it 04? 05? some ? like that. Thats the problem though, what has that ? done RECENTLY??? They just gave up possibly 2 1st rounders for a hope that Palmer can get back to being a top flight QB.

The Bengals gotta hype as ? right now lol, they got their QB of the future and star WR soon with AJ green and then all them 1st round picks coming up...gotdayum
  • _Menace_
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Raiders are set.

we have the pieces we dont need no more players we can use that draft money to resign our players.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree that Palmer can take the Raiders too the next level....but only if the change of scenery is really all he needs to get back to that season he had in...was it 04? 05? some ? like that. Thats the problem though, what has that ? done RECENTLY??? They just gave up possibly 2 1st rounders for a hope that Palmer can get back to being a top flight QB.

The Bengals gotta hype as ? right now lol, they got their QB of the future and star WR soon with AJ green and then all them 1st round picks coming up...gotdayum

Past few years Carson was hurt with knee then he came back, then he got his elbow hurt with their sorry as O-Line. Look at his last Year T.O. came in and Chad Johnson was going through his talks about money, that place was a mess. But once they took T.O. and Chad Johnson got off the field, Carson Palmer took off and was putting up number with receivers with Simpson, Cadwell and Shipley, with those receivers he was making them look like Pro Bowlers.

Yall got's to be real, Palmer is a leader and can make all throws of a NFL Quaterback.

And the Bengals picking in the draft is pretty suspect
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wonder if he'll play this sunday?
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Band-Aid solution
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Best case scenario carson is reenergized and takes that team to the playoffs. Worse case Aka most likely to happen Carson is mcnabb status and gets benched for Pryor in week 15
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Lol you don't get a 2nd round pick for either of the players lost in free agency. Best you get is a 3rd rounder, which is basically the 1st pick of the 4th round

Yall guys is funny, let's be real. NFL DRAFT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ? SHOOT IN PRO SPORTS, the Oakland Raiders 2012 draft looks damn good to me.

Oakland's 2012 Draft.

1st rd - CARSON PALMER (A Pro Bowler and Franchise QB, now remember Mike Brown told Carson that he's going to get all the weapons he need and build around him after last season after TO and Ocho Cinco was a bust and when they was benched Carson was putting up numbers and getting w's with 2nd and 3rd string wr's, but Carson said trade me or i will quit. Mike didnt want to give up Carson, so quit with the ? )

2nd rd - Aaron Curry

3rd rd - Terrell Pryor

3rd rd - Joseph Barksdale (Raiders trade on of our 3rd TO MOVE UP and get J. Barksdale a power RT, who doing great and getting more playing time and will start to replace Khalif Barnes)

3rd rd - compensation pick for Nnamdi

4th rd - compensation pick for Zach Miller

5th rd - Taiwan Jones (Raiders trade their 5th pick for TJ who's have a potential to be a Chris Johnson type rb, he was compared to him coming out the draft. He's fast with great vision and made some plays for us at RB this year and he's a KR with Ford)

5th rd - compensation pick for Robert Gallery

6th rd - OUR OWN PICK

6TH rd - compensation pick for Thomas Howard

7th rd - no pick.

LOL our 2012 draft is on point with 2 first rd qb's and proven starters and picks 3-6, we are good. I give our 2012 draft A+
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This cannot be the purpose of human existence.
  • lamontbdc
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Yall guys is funny, let's be real. NFL DRAFT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ? SHOOT IN PRO SPORTS, the Oakland Raiders 2012 draft looks damn good to me.

Oakland's 2012 Draft.

1st rd - CARSON PALMER (A Pro Bowler and Franchise QB, now remember Mike Brown told Carson that he's going to get all the weapons he need and build around him after last season after TO and Ocho Cinco was a bust and when they was benched Carson was putting up numbers and getting w's with 2nd and 3rd string wr's, but Carson said trade me or i will quit. Mike didnt want to give up Carson, so quit with the ? )

2nd rd - Aaron Curry

3rd rd - Terrell Pryor

3rd rd - Joseph Barksdale (Raiders trade on of our 3rd TO MOVE UP and get J. Barksdale a power RT, who doing great and getting more playing time and will start to replace Khalif Barnes)

3rd rd - compensation pick for Nnamdi

4th rd - compensation pick for Zach Miller

5th rd - Taiwan Jones (Raiders trade their 5th pick for TJ who's have a potential to be a Chris Johnson type rb, he was compared to him coming out the draft. He's fast with great vision and made some plays for us at RB this year and he's a KR with Ford)

5th rd - compensation pick for Robert Gallery

6th rd - OUR OWN PICK

6TH rd - compensation pick for Thomas Howard

7th rd - no pick.

LOL our 2012 draft is on point with 2 first rd qb's and proven starters and picks 3-6, we are good. I give our 2012 draft A+

Zach Miller isn't doing ? you not getting a 4th rounder for him. So the Raiders didn't bring in any free agents at all? I can easily see a 3rd for Nnmadi. I think the Panthers got a 3rd for Peppers.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just when you think the Raiders are moving forward SMH
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Zach Miller isn't doing ? you not getting a 4th rounder for him. So the Raiders didn't bring in any free agents at all? I can easily see a 3rd for Nnmadi. I think the Panthers got a 3rd for Peppers.

shut yo mouth, and ? the lions. Did the Raiders bring in anybody to replace Nnamdi, Thomas Howard, Gallery through FA, no!! And NFL goes on the value, pay and how high they rank and what they contribute to the team that they left to determine the rounds of the pick. We only signed Boss so that's a 4th rounder, AND WE LOST HIGHER VALUE FA'S then we gain

Again read this

In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of 32 picks awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.
  • lamontbdc
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    shut yo mouth, and ? the 49ers. Did the Raiders bring in anybody to replace Nnamdi, Thomas Howard, Gallery through FA, no!! And NFL goes on the value, pay and how high they rank and what they contribute to the team that they left to determine the rounds of the pick. We only signed Boss so that's a 4th rounder, AND WE LOST HIGHER VALUE FA'S then we gain

Again read this

In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of 32 picks awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

JASON CAMPBELL WITH A BROKEN COLLAR BONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ALEX SMITH

Homie calm down. I'm not disputing the rule i was simply asking what free agents yall brought in. I was agreeing with you except thinking Zach Miller is getting you a 4th rounder. And a lot of it is based on performance. So if boss plays just as well as Miller then you won't get a comp pick at all for him.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Raiders are out of their minds, the most I would give up for Palmer is a 2 pack of Dust off from Big Lots. They lost Al Davis and still making stupid moves. At least they still got that dude from Arkansas.
  • _Menace_
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Boss is playing way better then miller

miller is irrelevant right now
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wait they gave up a 1st and a 2nd for Palmer?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thats ? . they let dat white boy act a fool and let him win with a trade. they shoulda turned him off ? style
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Damn He's on Tom Hanks from Philadelphia status.

c-palmertwitterpic.jpg?w=250