Current NFL players that could be GOAT at their position?

Options

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrick Willis
    Aaron Rodgers (yes he's that good)

That's about it though in my opinion
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

????

Reggie Waynes career is almost over, and he's pretty much an after thought.

Might not even make the HOF.... never mind being "up there" as far as GOAT
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^co-sign, Reggie Wayne LOL, this era GOAT WR are Moss and TO....end of story
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Know damn well a healthy Antonio Gates is the goat t.e.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something tells me this thread will resurrect the "Dumb ? " thread all by itself.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really saying gates is the goat TE???

I wanna see somebody really try to explain this
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    numbers might say otherwise but i dont think Tony G was messing with Shannon
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

????

Wayne's 33 so he still has a few years left in him. He needs about 3,100 yards to be top 5 in yards (2,100 to be top 10). 232 catches to be top 5 (89 to be top 10). 18 TD's to be top 10 (he's not makin top 5). So how's this dude laughable when he has a legit chance finishin top 10 in every category? I already said he's not gonna be the GOAT. I said he would be up there.

I think some of ya'll listen to more hype than actually watch. Besides everyone saying Andre Johnson's a top WR, what has he DONE showing he's better than Wayne?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I think some of ya'll listen to more hype than actually watch.

Nuff said.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

????

Wayne's 33 so he still has a few years left in him. He needs about 3,100 yards to be top 5 in yards (2,100 to be top 10). 232 catches to be top 5 (89 to be top 10). 18 TD's to be top 10 (he's not makin top 5). So how's this dude laughable when he has a legit chance finishin top 10 in every category? I already said he's not gonna be the GOAT. I said he would be up there.

There are WR's with Top 10 numbers that aren't in the HOF (Andre Reed, Chris Carter).
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RD.....this has been said before I'll say it again....pickin the ball off>>>>>swatting at the ball plus Nnamdi was getting burned so stop caping for him
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I agree with is Gronk catching Shannon Sharpe as the GOAT TE. He could, but he needs le 10 seasons of this ? , and 2-3 rings to go with it.

NO RB in the next 25 years will ever be on Jim Brown status the way the league is built now. And even if Brady won that 4th SB, I still don't think he'd be considered greater than Super Joe.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

????

There are WR's with Top 10 numbers that aren't in the HOF (Andre Reed, Chris Carter).

Reed is only top 10 in receptions, and he'll be knocked outta that within the next 2 years. And all your point really proved was that HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is. Moss and TO will probably have a tough time gettin in
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    And Gonzalez is GOAT TE. Better than Sharpe
  • R.D.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @RD.....this has been said before I'll say it again....pickin the ball off>>>>>swatting at the ball plus Nnamdi was getting burned so stop caping for him

bruh you ? watched nnamdi get beat a couple plays in a zone and immediately thought "ohhhhhhh this guys overrated" cause it fueled your agenda

i forget where i got those numbers from but its open to the public so you can find them

Nnamdi gave up less completions than Revis and had less ? thrown his way

Nnamdi got beat bad a couple plays the whole year

i can just as easily talk about stevie johnson abusing Revis for whole games
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh this ? still dont get it.....Nnamdi got beat more than a couple times dont try to make it seem less than it really was.....just because was an incompletion pass doesnt mean it was because of the corner the qb ? up too like overthrowing the ball or under throw
  • R.D.
    Options
    Smh this ? still dont get it.....Nnamdi got beat more than a couple times dont try to make it seem less than it really was.....just because was an incompletion pass doesnt mean it was because of the corner the qb ? up too like overthrowing the ball or under throw

Does KD get points for almost making a shot that rims out ?

FOH ?

Your argument had been deaded....take that L and stroll with it
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

bruh you ? watched nnamdi get beat a couple plays in a zone and immediately thought "ohhhhhhh this guys overrated" cause it fueled your agenda

i forget where i got those numbers from but its open to the public so you can find them

He give revis the business for the past 2 yrs
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't see any L's handed. Nnamdi got exposed like a ? last year. There's a reason not even the analysts dispute Revis being the #1 corner in the league after last season.
  • R.D.
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

He give revis the business for the past 2 yrs

exactly man....dude talking bout if it werent for bad throws, Nnamdi wouldve got beat more

If ? didnt curse Stevie with unreliable hands, he wouldve did Revis even worse lol
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @en-fuego Jerry rice didn't change ? about the wide receiver position the freak did...Michael Irvin did! Jerry rice is the goat but he was doing what swan and larceny and them did before him at a higher clip.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Ronnie Lott couldn't cover! He got picks. Ed reed is the freak! Be can do anything. He is banged up since the injury but he was that guy at hitting defending pass and ball hawking picks. The best defensive backs ever are reed rod prime Lott that order!
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    And revision always always has a DB over top he is overrated. Watch the games. Also charles woodwind rounds out top 5 dbs ever with reed rod prime and lott
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Nnamdi has better one on one coverage than revision also
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol so now Nnamdi a better one on one coverage person even though pretty much all Revis does is one on one coverage.