Lurker6 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    rockets wrote: »
    ATTS wrote: »
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

i get to do that in the 10th and 11th grades......then back to 12th grade public school.....it will be interesting to see the difference.....
    what really ? me off is that kid in the 4th grade didnt know the mulitplication table....4 times 4 is 8 he said.....I was like WTF?!?

There will be a difference...I went to private school from K-10th grade than public school for 11th and 12th...the difference in how easy public school was compared to private school was crazy...but I can honestly say I had guidance counselors in public school actually discouraging me from applying to schools despite the fact I had a 4.0 all of 11th grade and finished with a 3.75 when i graduated. I literally had one teacher tell me I should go into the trade program because despite my gpa i'd never get enough scholarship money to pay for college if I applied...? 's crazy how no ? are given in public schools especially towards young males

There is really no difference between public and private school. Take a bad kid and put him in private school and he will still be a bad kid. The school just has the option to kick him out. i public school does not. That is why they are so bad. Tending the students that disrupt the class and don't want to be there takes a lot of time away from others who want to learn. There are drug dealers, gangbangers and pregnant teens in private schools, therefore they can't and ARE NOT all that good.

@rockets Trust there's a difference between public and private schools. A big difference. I never said nor implied all kids in private schools are good so I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking about not only the quality of education but the quality of teachers and materials and resources that are available to the students. The high school I went to, I had a library that was stacked with computers. Public school I went to had 2 in the entire library. My guidance counselors in the private school I went to were having kids organize college tours by junior year and taking an PSAT and SAT prep course was a mandatory class you took as in your 2nd year or the 1st semester of your junior year and then 2nd of your junior year. Public school I went to the SAT prep course was an elective they offered one semester a year for half the semester at that. ? like that makes a big difference and those are just a couple examples. I could list plenty more.
    @blackrain
    how old are you and where did you go to school?

@Lurker6 I'm 26. I went to Bishop McNamara for 2 years and Crossland High School both in PG County, Maryland (not the super rich black folks driving a BMW part many think about) for high school then I went to Dickinson College for undergrad.

SMH @ Crossland ?

haha
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

i get to do that in the 10th and 11th grades......then back to 12th grade public school.....it will be interesting to see the difference.....
    what really ? me off is that kid in the 4th grade didnt know the mulitplication table....4 times 4 is 8 he said.....I was like WTF?!?

There will be a difference...I went to private school from K-10th grade than public school for 11th and 12th...the difference in how easy public school was compared to private school was crazy...but I can honestly say I had guidance counselors in public school actually discouraging me from applying to schools despite the fact I had a 4.0 all of 11th grade and finished with a 3.75 when i graduated. I literally had one teacher tell me I should go into the trade program because despite my gpa i'd never get enough scholarship money to pay for college if I applied...? 's crazy how no ? are given in public schools especially towards young males

There is really no difference between public and private school. Take a bad kid and put him in private school and he will still be a bad kid. The school just has the option to kick him out. i public school does not. That is why they are so bad. Tending the students that disrupt the class and don't want to be there takes a lot of time away from others who want to learn. There are drug dealers, gangbangers and pregnant teens in private schools, therefore they can't and ARE NOT all that good.

@rockets Trust there's a difference between public and private schools. A big difference. I never said nor implied all kids in private schools are good so I don't know where you got that from. I'm talking about not only the quality of education but the quality of teachers and materials and resources that are available to the students. The high school I went to, I had a library that was stacked with computers. Public school I went to had 2 in the entire library. My guidance counselors in the private school I went to were having kids organize college tours by junior year and taking an PSAT and SAT prep course was a mandatory class you took as in your 2nd year or the 1st semester of your junior year and then 2nd of your junior year. Public school I went to the SAT prep course was an elective they offered one semester a year for half the semester at that. ? like that makes a big difference and those are just a couple examples. I could list plenty more.
    @blackrain

@Lurker6 I'm 26. I went to Bishop McNamara for 2 years and Crossland High School both in PG County, Maryland (not the super rich black folks driving a BMW part many think about) for high school then I went to Dickinson College for undergrad.

SMH @ Crossland ?

haha

Lol...? don't hate...actually yeah you can hate that ? school...I certainly did/do lol
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain

SMH @ Crossland ?

haha

Lol...? don't hate...actually yeah you can hate that ? school...I certainly did/do lol

I went to Suitland so I got no love for Crossland haha
  • blackrain
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain

SMH @ Crossland ?

haha

I grew up on Suitland Road, in Morningside right by Andrew's Air Force Base, and we were always confused as to how we literally lived ON Suitland Rd but weren't allowed to go to Suitland High School
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain

SMH @ Crossland ?

haha

I grew up on Suitland Road, in Morningside right by Andrew's Air Force Base, and we were always confused as to how we literally lived ON Suitland Rd but weren't allowed to go to Suitland High School

SMH......that makes no sense

I actually lived in 3 places while going to Suitland

I'm still trying to figure out how I didn't go to Oxon Hill HS or Potomac
  • blackrain
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

@blackrain

SMH @ Crossland ?

haha

SMH......that makes no sense

I actually lived in 3 places while going to Suitland

I'm still trying to figure out how I didn't go to Oxon Hill HS or Potomac

They split Morningside up...depending on what street you lived on determined what school you went to. It was either Crossland, Gwyn Park or Central.