edited April 2010
    Options
    I always believed Big Pun had a better flow and better delivery than BIG
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A.Bump wrote: »
    I'm much older than your much older homies (i was 26-28 during those years 95-97) so I was old enough to not just be a fan boy like most teenagers. I was a grown ass man and the truth is Big wasn't as 'Big' as every young person these days think. The truth is Pac was more popular but on the real hardly anyone considered either of them the GOAT until after they died. People liked them a lot, but before they died the GOAT debate was between Krs-One, Rakim, LL, Kane. When Pac and Big died people got more all in and they blew up.

Yall aint gotta beleive it. But it's hard for a old head like me to sit back and listen to young heads talking about stuff they really weren't old enough to know for fact first hand. Most of the opinions the young heads have are based on stuff they heard or read. I'm Puff's age so I was in my prime hip-hop age at that time to know. Yeah Big was dope and had those hits out but the truth is there were a lot of dope MCs around that era. But the moment they died they became legends because that was the first time beef lead to killings like that in hip-hop. I did know some NY dudes that were on BIG like that but not as many outside of NY as people think. The rest of the country was still on that G-Funk era music and other dope artists like Outkast

How they credit Big for bring back the eastcoast when at that time Wu and Nas was out there ripping ? up at that time?

Cuz he made it Relevant gain...............WHen he First Dropped that Was the First NY artist that Sold here in a while............NaS and Wu tang Didnt really Sell to Crazy,...............BIG's 2nd album went diamond, that open the door for Bad boy, CNN, Ruff Ryders, Roc-a-fella hell even TS tto make they run in the Game
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    phrostface wrote: »
    [weezy]I'm goin' in...[/weezy]

Someone ghostwrites for Jeezy

Pac would have run or would be running for political office now if he were still alive

Jay-Z and Big would have had beef at some point were Big to have lived longer

Under different circumstances growing up, Nas would have had several NY Times best seller fictions published

Black Thought is in fact one of the most slept on MC's in the game

Weezy is the best spittin in the game now, top 10 of all time

old school should get credit the same way you respect edison and tesla for bringing about electricity, but your its iphone and google that bring a whole new level of functionality to your life

some artists take pleasure in being 'knowingly ignorant' (see plies, waka flocka, gucci, etc.)

BP3 > BP

while we're at it American Gangster and BP3 are in Jay-Z's Top 5 albums

eminem isn't as lyrically potent as he used to be

the west has a lyricism complex

more women than not secretly'd like to experience being a video chick (kind of how some chicks would want to have a menage with 2 dudes but never admit it openly for the fear of being stigmatized as a ? )

nicki minaj, at this stage in her career, seems to be more on top of her business than any female MC to have come along

while we're at it, lyrically Nicki Minaj is one of the better female MC's to have been released commercially

B.o.B. secretly encourages the comparisons to 3 stacks

Lupe is overrated

Drake tries too hard

J. Cole is the closest ever to having a pre-illmatic Nas type buzz ever in the game (and I mean it in the sense that if you take the percentage of 'early adopters' to people listening to hip-hop for Nas and J. Cole at the same points in their career, the numbers would be strikingly similar)

Detox isn't taking too long cause Dre wants it 'perfect', Detox is taking long cause Dre is lazy...and he can afford to be

Jay-Z will run for political office in the next 10 years.

Statements like this................is why the game is ? Up............Smh @ these silly ? Statements
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Albums I've never even listened to:
    Reasonable Doubt, BP 1, AG
    Ready To Die
    anything by G Rap, Rakim, Mobb Deep, Tribe, Talib, TI, Slick Rick, KRS, Kane, Lupe, Lox

Wu-Tang is way overrated

I'll never be a fan of a female rapper, just the occasional song
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    -lil wayne's work ethic made him who he is, honestly he is not a great lyricist
    -all conscious rappers r not dope
    -drake is ok at best
    -cam'ron is dope if u listen closely 2 wut he says
    -t.i. Can spit, but he puts out some boring albums
    -tupac, biggie, big l, jay-z, nas, big pun's names should not b mentioned, they r all truly legends
    -50 cent is a hit & miss type of rapper
    -if you listen to early ugk albums, bun b is a top 10 lyricist
    -not every ? out of new york is dope
    -not every ? out of tha south is wack
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bug L aint a legend
    neither is Pun
    ? only praised cuz they died before they could have a good career
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Lol, bout to stir up some drama in this ? :

1. If Orlando Anderson was responsible, then Pac brought it upon himself. He had no business going up and stomping that dude out like that because the ? had nothing to do with him. When you mess with a G, then expect G-style retaliation. Pac was a brilliant dude, if you listen to some of his interviews you can see how unique and intelligent he was, but when you see some of the ? he did you just gotta shake your head.

2. 50 Cent never fell off, he has improved in lyrical skill since GRODT. It's just that nobody cares about his story anymore. The Massacre was a solid album, better than the GRODT

3. Jeezy is not a good rapper. Let's be honest here, ? picks the best beats and apart from Rick Ross there is nobody that I play more in my car, but if he wasn't so adept at picking beats, he would lose at least half his fanbase.

4. White rappers do get more hype. Not talking bout Em, dude is crazy talented, but we would never have heard about Asher Roth or this new dude Sam Adams if they were black

5. Nas may be one of the best lyricists in the game, but he is one of the worst beat pickers ever, and he is not very charismatic

The reason for stomping out Orlando Anderson is because Puffy was offering money like 10g's or sumfin to anyone who snatched A Death Row pendant, and Orlando was apparently one of the dudes that did just that, so they stomped him out for jackin A Death Row chain...
  • water ur seeds
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    Albums I've never even listened to:
    Reasonable Doubt, BP 1, AG
    Ready To Die

anything by G Rap, Rakim, Mobb Deep, Tribe, Talib, TI, Slick Rick, KRS, Kane, Lupe, Lox

Wu-Tang is way overrated

I'll never be a fan of a female rapper, just the occasional song

Are you serious!!! lmao Youve NEVER listen to any of them albums??? And never listen to ANY of them artists??? In that case you may aswel just not listen to hip hop lmao Are you joking???
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The reason for stomping out Orlando Anderson is because Puffy was offering money like 10g's or sumfin to anyone who snatched A Death Row pendant, and Orlando was apparently one of the dudes that did just that, so they stomped him out for jackin A Death Row chain...

Na, it had nothing to do with Puffy. Anderson and some of his goons had robbed a Death Row dude at a shoe store a couple of weeks previously because he was in a rival gang. Pac was not a gang member, I think he was just trying to show he could ride with the toughest and good killed because of it
  • multimill
    multimill Members Posts: 300
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cam'ron= Legend
    Juelz= Dope at times
    Gorilla Zoe= Dope and underrated
  • water ur seeds
    edited April 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Na, it had nothing to do with Puffy. Anderson and some of his goons had robbed a Death Row dude at a shoe store a couple of weeks previously because he was in a rival gang. Pac was not a gang member, I think he was just trying to show he could ride with the toughest and good killed because of it

he jacked the death row dude's (travis lane) chain at lakewood mall, death row chains where getting jacked coz puffy was giving out 10gs for every death row chain handed in to badboy

ands its no surprise that badboy had crips on the payroll, and orlando and the people jacking death row pendants where also crips
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Another truth, I known it sounds really sexist and I kind of feel bad for saying it: No unnatractive female rapper is ever going to have long-term success.
  • Mr.Wezzinton
    Mr.Wezzinton Members Posts: 182
    edited April 2010
    Options
    DOOMposter wrote: »
    most people posting here dont know what hip hop is

Black Thought is one of the most overlooked EMCEES

black thought,talib kweli,Krs-ONe,Rakim,Nas,Jay-z,2-Pac,Big,Slick Rick,Run DMC=TRUE MEANING of what a EMCEE IS

Follow The Leader is better then Paid In Full

The Roots are still ahead of their time

Young Money is good in theory but wont last(Drake sucks Wayne is getting old)

Slaughterhouse will continue to make great music

if you havent heard of Skillz you dont know hip hop

Supernatural is the ? to

Rahzel and Dogie E Fresh=Best Beatboxers ever

EPMD=Classic

Wu-Tang is FOREVER

J DIlla died WAY TO SOON
    same with PUN

NOREAGA is OVERLOOKED N.O.R.E is a CLASSIC album

NAS cant write a bad song

Q-Tip is just AMAZING

Charles Hamilton, Asher Roth, Wale, B.o.B,Wiz Khalifa , Curren$y,Joell Ortiz,Lupe Fiasco=PROOF that HIP HOP will survive<<<FORGOT to add Jay Electronica aswell as MF DOOM(dudes been here for a minute though)

RAEKWON-O.B.4.C.L.2 is the ?

REDMAN is NJ Joe Budden is 2nd

Crooked I is the West Kept IMO

Theres my 2 cents for now...oh yeah MF DOOM is more then most can handle

For some reason i couldnt get back into my account that was my 2 cents and i still stand by it
  • KarolinaKid
    KarolinaKid Members Posts: 203
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Gucci>>>New NY artists
    Southern beats>>>any other region
    Wayne>>>>NY
    Wayne is top 5 MC
    KRS succs
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dudes just be tryna get a reaction.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A great rapper equates to Song quality and Lyrics....Not one or the other
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    A great rapper equates to Song quality and Lyrics....Not one or the other

as well as good production and enjoyable music
  • KarolinaKid
    KarolinaKid Members Posts: 203
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Outside of Luda, Young Buck, Outkast and T.I. the whole down south is nothing but banging beats and wack lyrics.
    Thats The Dumbest ? Ive Ever Heard
  • quanman
    quanman Members Posts: 64
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nas made 3-4 disses to Jays one verse on Takeover directed at nas...then super ugly...facts trump dozens...i was ? yo ? is always powerful...
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    quanman wrote: »
    Nas made 3-4 disses to Jays one verse on Takeover directed at nas...then super ugly...facts trump dozens...i was ? yo ex- ? is always powerful...
  • quanman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Raekwons only 2 good albums say guest starring Tony Starks...cooincidence, i think not...
  • quanman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Underground NY hip hop better then mainstream NY hip hop
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wyclef and will.i.am are the two most talented and under-rated (triple-threat) artists in hip-hop. Period.