How Do You Feel About Illmatic?

Options

Comments

• redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it's like ? don't know what real rap is no more,

if you recognize wackness and fakeness you a hater lol.

p diddy started that ? with the line "he got a phd playa hater degree)
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wayne is one dimensional come on man.

do you just wanna debate or what.
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Remember, this a ? we are dealing with and everyone knows that no one cares about a ? 's opinion.
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    smh at Wayne not having classic ? when ? still jam The Blocc is Hot, The Carter and Carter 2

you still havent replied is wayne better then the south pioneers
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats what im screaming and i like that o lets do it track caue it gets you amped but on a lyrical level cmon son that ? aint timeless wayne dont make classic ? yeah he sells the most but 8ball mjg, kast, geto boys there are way better cats from the south then him with "real" classics

i cant honestly say ive liked anything from waka flocka i can just say i respect his grind.... like id respect him as a person probly but musically i aint ? wit him at all... u kno?
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? women lie, men lie, numbers dont lie
    10 years later C3 might be certified classic
    you never know
    i'm sure plenty ? thought Illmatic was ? but every album cant be liked by everyone

Right thats what im sayin.....

C3 sold a sh*tload of albums out the gate...classic albums don't sell like that, its timeless music so it takes a while to build up sales.

People today are still buying Illmatic because its a must-have.

I can guarantee you C3 will not be called a classic album ever.
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i just rememberd, you calling yourself an itellectual bi-sexual.

no you ? , it's nothing artistically we have in common.

i'm glad you hate illmatic.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so sales wise you think wayne is better mc then the cats i named above outkast, geto boys, 8bal mjg

8Ball MJG and Geto Boys
    of course
    Kast, he tied with them cuz dude outshined them on a tracc
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Right thats what im sayin.....

C3 sold a sh*tload of albums out the gate...classic albums don't sell like that, its timeless music so it takes a while to build up sales.

People today are still buying Illmatic because its a must-have.

I can guarantee you C3 will not be called a classic album ever.

you never know
    GRODT and Maascre were classic and look how they sold
    i depends on how good the music is and C3 was good but no one can predictif it will be classic
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    8Ball MJG and Geto Boys
    of course
    Kast, he tied with them cuz dude outshined them on a tracc

dude wayne aint better than scarface or 8ball mjg wayne is popular he's an icon not an artist i respect his grind thats it he has no certified classic albums maybe mixtapes but albums cmon son jay said it best "i might be the mixtape weezy"
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you never know
    GRODT and Maascre were classic and look how they sold
    i depends on how good the music is and C3 was good but no one can predictif it will be classic

dude album sales the 1st week and 1st month dont constitute a classic its just because of the hype thats around them ? 1st week hardly anyone has even heard the album yet
  • Lets Get It Lakers
    Lets Get It Lakers Members Posts: 135
    edited April 2010
    Options
    carter 3 was ass cheeks smfh at dude that said it will be a classic in 10 years foh if it wasnt hot 1n 2008 it wont be hot in 2018
    weezy got no classics albums just mixtapes
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LAX was better than carter
  • InMyLifeTime91
    edited April 2010
    Options
    but yall gotta know that Lil wayne aint put That Carter 3 together. hes on video saying that Universal Records put C3 together. u kno if wayne did it the album woulda sounded more like Carter1,2... the label just wanted to take advantage of all his new popularity and put together the songs they thing could sell on itunes...
  • JQUEENS21
    edited April 2010
    Options
    When an album was considered a classic, it stood the test of time. Meaning a person will buy Paid In Full today. Albums that sell fast do not get buys today. Case in point, No Way Out or whatever Puffy's first album is. So, if anyone is saying Puffy's first album is a bigger classic than Paid In Full is saying so because they ate lead chips growing up, saying so for shock value or is a ? . So, we know what one person will say in this thread.
  • InMyLifeTime91
    edited April 2010
    Options
    JQUEENS21 wrote: »
    When an album was considered a classic, it stood the test of time. Meaning a person will buy Paid In Full today. Albums that sell fast do not get buys today. Case in point, No Way Out or whatever Puffy's first album is. So, if anyone is saying Puffy's first album is a bigger classic than Paid In Full is saying so because they ate lead chips growing up, saying so for shock value or is a ? . So, we know what one person will say in this thread.

whos album is Paid In Full?
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. Face dont stand out so i dont see how he classified as a legend of has any classic material
    he doesnt have great lyrics but he can tell a story
    Gucci can do everything face can do, Face just got longevity
    you dudes act like cuz a ? been inthe game since the 90s they get a pass. Face's last few albums werent too great
    2.LAX might have been better than C3 but th Carter, ? plz with that mediocre third album game dropped
    3. 8Ball and MJG aint too lyrical either but they can tell stories...same ? with Face
    4. Aint nobody even checcinm for the other Geto Boys
    5.Carter and Carter 2 are classic. live with it
    6. No one disputed the fact GRODT and Massacre are classics. They ? your numbers logic
    7. Last but not least how did yall manage to get me off topic?
  • JQUEENS21
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whos album is Paid In Full?

Eric B & Rakim's first album
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so basically what it is these ? have more artistic control over their music on mixtapes due to the fact that they are mainstream slaves.

that is why many of us enjoy most mainstream artists mixtapes over their albums.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's a classic Nas album and his first album he dropped. The album is Hip Hop music 101, solid album from beginning to end. classic songs such as ? who say it's overrated just don't know hip hop music or are under the age 18, so they obviously don't know hip hop music. I like how most ? said it was a classic, with so many whack ass posters on the reason I'm glad ? know what it is.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont think its a classic
    i'm not 18 i'm older
    and all that you dont know Hip Hop if you dont share my view is ?
    killed your argument that quicc
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dude you ? ,, therefore your opinion on hip hop is null and void.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yo I just realized the t/s that made the thread LOL, this ? stay talking ? about Nas, talking about I been listening to Illmatic for 2 weeks ? GTFOH with that ? , Lil wayne is your favorite rapper you automatically not gonna think Illmatic is a classic album.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you wanted to make yourself look dumb you did with that logic
    only a ? woluld think like that
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn do ? lose the abilty to reason when my sexuality or the fact i jam Wayne come up?