Would You Allow Your Child To Get Wisdom From Gucci Mane In School? *updated* Shawty Lo too!!

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I'd rather someone who portrays a great positive media image

In other words u want a ? 2 be fake....

This is what I gather from da i.c... Yall are washed n thinking that sucess looks only a few ways.... If u get there in any other way u get "? " and/or "assume" that person has nothing 2 contribute...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    This is more about his self destructive and obscene behavior/persona than his so called success as a minstrel...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    all rapper rap bout ? , murder, and dope.... so I aint picking and choosin like that on a moral glass house. If dude was there speaking positivley to those kids and he was asked to do it then more power to him

U should prolly broaden your horizons on who you listen to bruh cause that in fact isnt true.
    please name me a rapper who doesnt rap about any of those 3....

Luda
    Outkast
    Killer Mike

I GOT HOES 2. I shoulda added dope to the list Outkast rapped bout weed and ? .... Killa Mike rapped about trap ? too after he fell out with Big Boi... Gucci got the dumb face tat which is why a lot of folk bash him but all rappers rap bout ? we wouldnt want lil kids doing.

? this aint about just rap. Its about the person he's portrayed to be in the media who talks about his occupation/life.

And the tattoo on his face to middle schoolers lol

whatever... ignorance is ignorance quit playin favorites.... stew u name me a rapper who would be suitable for what Gucci did?

In Atlanta it would be Outkast

it dont matter cuz a parent can find something wrong about them as well... and thats the point.... Big Boi been on ? ? . me personally as long as that person can articulate themselves and has valid points and advice/insight it all good Gucci or Outkast
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No

This is what I gather from da i.c... Yall are washed n thinking that sucess looks only a few ways.... If u get there in any other way u get "? " and/or "assume" that person has nothing 2 contribute...

Explain how a positive image = fake.

Not everyone is a ratchet as you and your people, ?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.

as long as the rapper "confortable" why should it matter if they mainstream or not... If they doin what they love?

Aint dat what's "wrong" wit hip hop? ? "selling out?"
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes

Explain how a positive image = fake.

Not everyone is a ratchet as you and your people, ?
    if u not true 2 yoself and is more worried about yo "image" u bein fake...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    ohhhla wrote: »
    all rapper rap bout ? , murder, and dope.... so I aint picking and choosin like that on a moral glass house. If dude was there speaking positivley to those kids and he was asked to do it then more power to him

U should prolly broaden your horizons on who you listen to bruh cause that in fact isnt true.
    please name me a rapper who doesnt rap about any of those 3....

Luda
    Outkast
    Killer Mike

I GOT HOES 2. I shoulda added dope to the list Outkast rapped bout weed and ? .... Killa Mike rapped about trap ? too after he fell out with Big Boi... Gucci got the dumb face tat which is why a lot of folk bash him but all rappers rap bout ? we wouldnt want lil kids doing.

? this aint about just rap. Its about the person he's portrayed to be in the media who talks about his occupation/life.

And the tattoo on his face to middle schoolers lol

whatever... ignorance is ignorance quit playin favorites.... stew u name me a rapper who would be suitable for what Gucci did?

In Atlanta it would be Outkast

it dont matter cuz a parent can find something wrong about them as well... and thats the point.... Big Boi been on ? ? . me personally as long as that person can articulate themselves and has valid points and advice/insight it all good Gucci or Outkast

Are u gonna call him beforehand to find out all that or you know him already?
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Why wouldnt I? He's college educated and ceo of his own company..dumb ? get caught up on image and make ? like Gucci rich..burrr
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of y'all in here equating music/street smart intelligence with every day book smart intelligence. Just because gucci made money in the music industry doesn't mean he's smart. 99.9% of the kids in that school won't make money the way gucci does. Fact is more minority doctors/lawyers/etc. should show up to these career days. I don't care if it's gucci or nas, minority kids should know that it's a lot more realistic for them to be dr. so and so than a rapper, athlete etc.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    id let gucci teach my children for 20 minutes

? it, why not
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes
    Some of y'all in here equating music/street smart intelligence with every day book smart intelligence. Just because gucci made money in the music industry doesn't mean he's smart. 99.9% of the kids in that school won't make money the way gucci does. Fact is more minority doctors/lawyers/etc. should show up to these career days. I don't care if it's gucci or nas, minority kids should know that it's a lot more realistic for them to be dr. so and so than a rapper, athlete etc.

U Jus seeing him as a rapper not a business man...

Btw im pretty sure he wassnt sayin " all yall gone be a rapper/singer or athlete"
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    people dont kno that street ? give the best advice
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

gucci isnt dumb. he hood but not dumb. He went to college... I feel u on the rest but at the end of the day Gucci is a success story who can provide kids with insight as well as warn them of the mistakes he made "murder and going to jail"
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Btw im pretty sure he wassnt sayin " all yall gone be a rapper/singer or athlete"

I'm not saying he was, I'm not even saying he wasn't giving good advice. Thats why I said I don't care whether it's gucci or nas. I was just getting at the fact that I would rather kids not put all their hopes into making it as a rapper/athlete and even though it's not his fault seeing ? like Gucci at ? like career day just feeds into that...
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F280433920

Hahahahaha I can't stop laughing! CLASSIC!!!! Hahahahahaha

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    polls like these separate the ? from us real blacks. And hell no I wouldn't let that crusty ? near my children.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's wisdom then absolutely.

But you can also learn a lot from a fool.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.

as long as the rapper "confortable" why should it matter if they mainstream or not... If they doin what they love?

Aint dat what's "wrong" wit hip hop? ? "selling out?"

The main thing is, if you aren't bringing in any money and cannot make a living off it, than you need to do something else. Plain and simple. I know cats with kids telling their girls they are going to make it and their kids are starving. Do it as a hobby and handle your business.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    SAD 2 SAY, BUT KIDS LOOK UP 2 WHO IS CONSIDERED COOL...

GUCCI IS A RAPPER AND HES COOL AND HE MADE IT..

KIDS AINT TRYIN 2 LISTEN 2 NO DOCTOR OR LAWYER...

IF ? GUCCI CAN SPIT SOME TRUTH, IM ALL FOR IT

In order to broaden their perspective on what is "cool" you can bring a professional with a charming or engaging personality to speak to the children.

Only kids with zero guidance who are mired in niggerdom (probably as a result of ? parenting) would tune out a speaker who is non-famous or not an entertainer from the beginning. If the speaker can capture the audience the audience will be receptive.

? .. NEVER IN HISTORY HAVE ANY OF US AT A YOUNG AGE THOUGHT A DOCTOR, LAWYERS, TEACHERS WERE COOL!..

NO MATTER HOW GOOD OUR PARENTS BROUGHT US UP, THE RAPPERS, BALLPLAYAS AND"? IN THE STREETS" WAS WAS AND WE LOOKED UP 2
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? dumb sayin if you let your kids learn from gucci it shows who the real blacks and who are the ? . GTFOHWTBS. we not talkin about gucci being the teacher we talkin career day not teaching your kids abc, 123's, or geography but career day. lastly, i hear alot of yall cats saying i dont want my kids being around gucci this and that. well you know what it say about yall? that yall failed as parents.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

In order to broaden their perspective on what is "cool" you can bring a professional with a charming or engaging personality to speak to the children.

Only kids with zero guidance who are mired in niggerdom (probably as a result of ? parenting) would tune out a speaker who is non-famous or not an entertainer from the beginning. If the speaker can capture the audience the audience will be receptive.

? .. NEVER IN HISTORY HAVE ANY OF US AT A YOUNG AGE THOUGHT A DOCTOR, LAWYERS, TEACHERS WERE COOL!..

NO MATTER HOW GOOD OUR PARENTS BROUGHT US UP, THE RAPPERS, BALLPLAYAS AND"? IN THE STREETS" WAS WAS AND WE LOOKED UP 2
    Speak for yourself. Believe it or not, not all of "us" come up with the same sensibilities. We don't all dismiss someone as lame or uncool without listening first and figuring out what we can gain from listening.

Lol @ looking up to "? in the streets." Do you know your father? Have an older brother?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

I wanted to be a paleontologist, zoologist, violinist, fantasy writer(which I am working on) and a kung fu master lol. Never in my life I ever thought of being a sports star, rapper, etc.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes

I'm not saying he was, I'm not even saying he wasn't giving good advice. Thats why I said I don't care whether it's gucci or nas. I was just getting at the fact that I would rather kids not put all their hopes into making it as a rapper/athlete and even though it's not his fault seeing ? like Gucci at ? like career day just feeds into that...

but shouldnt the bottom line be 2 reach the kids? rather its gucci nas... hell kim kardashian or rhianna... as long as the kid gets what they are tryna say should it matter who says it?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    *looked up to my pops post*

? wouldve never sent me to school to see Snoop in '94 lol
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes
    yall ? dumb sayin if you let your kids learn from gucci it shows who the real blacks and who are the ? . GTFOHWTBS. we not talkin about gucci being the teacher we talkin career day not teaching your kids abc, 123's, or geography but career day. lastly, i hear alot of yall cats saying i dont want my kids being around gucci this and that. well you know what it say about yall? that yall failed as parents.

kids dat age gonna do what they want 4 sho....

but if u scared dat yo kid is gonna go down da wrong path cuz dey saw gucci mane talkin n class 4 bout 1 hour in 7th grade 5 years b4 a 2 things...

1 dat kid was already bad as ? ....

2 not even gucci is gonna be able 2 get thru 2 dat kid..