FAIR or FOUL.. WHITE GIRL GETS KICKED OUT OF A BLACK CLUB BECAUSE...(true story)

Options

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #FDB #WHITE TEARS, SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER
    Kat wrote: »
    Why would you choose to use a word that was created by racist whites as a term of endearment though?

Apparently we did it just so we could pop off on one of y'all motherfuckaz when y'all try to use it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Why would you choose to use a word that was created by racist whites as a term of endearment though?

It's called taking ownership of something...same way women run around call each other ? but get mad if a guy does it...only on a racial level making it that much more serious. In other words "I can talk/call my family/those similar to me what I want but you, an outsider better not even think twice about it"
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I WISH THIS HAPPEND TO KATT
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    this the part where Kat tries to teach other whites by asking dumb questions or nah?

Why is it a dumb question though?

Is this the part where you post a bunch of ? without really saying anything?

I mean I don't care if black people say the n word amongst themselves if that's what the want to do, but I do think they should be a bit more responsible with the word publicly.

Personally I think it should just go away altogether.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    us using it and others using it are two separate issues...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELL, THAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG, THE DJ NEEDS TO CHILL OUT!
    this is funny cuz i bet half of yall who are bytchin bout her saying ? was laughin @ the white chicks scene when they was rappin 50 cent...

my question is how many of yall would be offended if Eminem made a song with the word cracka in the title... you go 2 a white club and requested it and that ? happened 2 you...

bet you thought that ? was clever huh?

you are the definition of a "? idiot."

and you the definition of a ? who thinks " hey white people took everything from us all we got is the word ? and im not letting them take that from us"

smh if the chick said the ? out of anger or tryna be funny id agree wit most of yall... but she was saying a damn song title..

• hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She coulda said "my hitta".. her black friends let her tho.. she was a side show.. they could careless lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So since this has now come up...What date was the charter signed where White people handed "? " over to us and we polished it up and made "? " the new term of endearment?...When did we take away their "right" to say the word and take full ownership of it?...Did we get "? " after they took back our acres and mules?...Where were you guys when it all went down...?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall except anything just to be cool
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is funny cuz i bet half of yall who are bytchin bout her saying ? was laughin @ the white chicks scene when they was rappin 50 cent...

my question is how many of yall would be offended if Eminem made a song with the word cracka in the title... you go 2 a white club and requested it and that ? happened 2 you...

And u think whitebfolks would defend u like u ppl are doing? Lol
    i dont care if they defend me or not... right is right... wrong is wrong...

and getting chastisement over requesting a song that most people in that club prolly liked anyway.. is ? up..
  • Kat
    Options
    I'm not telling anybody to do anything, I'm posting my opinion.

I don't use any form of the word, and have checked white people I know for using the 'endearing' form of the word in the past.

Music and musicians have a HUGE impact and influence on its listeners. It starts trends, catchphrases, dances...you can't expect for this young generation that is further removed from the history of the word to be affected in the same way, and that goes for black and white children alike...cause I've heard the word tossed around on both sides.

• Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    Lol at wanting to say ? so bad tho, smh

Folks pulling out every excuse possible, whites claim they get it from rap, but yet these ? aint doing eminem numbers

heres an excuse for that ass.

the song is called "MY ? ".

well I guess that changes everything, a free round of ? for everyone
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    So since this has now come up...What date was the charter signed where White people handed "? " over to us and we polished it up and made "? " the new term of endearment?...When did we take away their "right" to say the word and take full ownership of it?...Did we get "? " after they took back our acres and mules?...Where were you guys when it all went down...?

since u ask... there is no consensus. many blacks find its use as a term of endearment offensive... so this lends support to the argument that its offensive in any context... since this about a white using it, u can see how rational folks would applaud her being thrown out of the club, right?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Where do u draw the line then? Can she rap along with the song? Can she wear "? that ? " t shirts?

The line shoulda been drawn before popular artists started naming their radio songs "? In Paris" or "My ? " and expected non-Black people not to say it...That's stupid...? put ? in songs they sell to mixed crowds and have the nerve to expect nobody to sing along with it...Did kickin that white girl out the club stop her from sayin ? ?...No, so nothing was accomplished, and like @onetoughmiracle said they prolly still played the song...The DJ ain't do ? but get a harmless customer bounced out...Hooray for civil rights...

? NO.

A black artist can name their song whatever they want.

Other people will have to deal with the word ? . It is black people cultural right to say and it is our word of endearment.

Civil rights has nothing to do with her learning the importance of not saying the word "? ".
    White people have to learn about other cultures (just like everyone else learn about theirs) , and not be ignorant because they do not have to deal with race.

I'm all for peace and harmony with everyone but when people act ignorant or do not care; then these issues will be prevalent.

Plus, black people should be taking these moments to read a muthafucka with class about our culture.

Our own language "ebonics" (? white ? named that ? ) is looked down upon because white people can't signify with us.

Jesus, learn about your damn Black American culture.

word of endearment, my ass. we dont just say it for that.

what about "THAT ? RIGHT THERE!!! GO SHOOT THAT ? !" no endearment there.

the word, in this context, meant nothing when the white girl said it.

lol @ word of endearment. the ? ?

? out of here.

That was used to take the power out of the word, ? . Black people started calling each other, "My ? " as a term of endearment. Modern usage shows that there are many contextual ways to use the word, "? ", in the Black American lexicon.

Interesting, when I had listened to your music, you had used the word, "? ", many times throughout your 11 songs.

evilchuck wrote: »
    This whole race ? is dumb, when will mfs learn that life is much more deeper than skin tone. With that being said, unless shorty is literally ? she shouldve known better than that ? . She couldve left that word out and said the rest of the title.

?

You tell that ? to slaves that were going through holocaust, who lost their native tongue, ? , family split to different states, murdered for no reason, and for the muthafucking racist German scientists who created racial science.

So, ? you and your ? ignorance.

Race has been constructed since the 17th century, and we still have a ? problem with race in the 21st century. Go, learn about Black American History instead of being an ignorant ? ? .

I LOOOOOATHE ignorant people.

Also, ? her. She knows she does not have the cultural rights to say ? ; and she will deal with it. Good for her getting kicked out of the club, and for the DJ having some dame respect for himself, and his culture.

Df is u talkin about? Im ignorant because i think racism is dumb? Go eat a snickers, ur actin like a diva right now.

Racism will become dumb when this country stop speaking about white appropriation of multiculturalism, colorblind concept, and unveiling the privilege of whiteness and why the concept was created based on a "beauty/ugliness" hierarchy concept which turned into a racial concept.

Once these topics are talked about in the open with white people realizing that they are an invisible race with privileges that this country provides on sociocultural, political, and economical; then we can say "racism is dumb".

Black American cultural was created and constructed on racism because Europeans became conscious of race through German racial science creation.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    this the part where Kat tries to teach other whites by asking dumb questions or nah?

Why is it a dumb question though?

Is this the part where you post a bunch of ? without really saying anything?

I mean I don't care if black people say the n word amongst themselves if that's what the want to do, but I do think they should be a bit more responsible with the word publicly.

Personally I think it should just go away altogether.

The bold is your problem...on this one nobody cares what white folks think. I know it's hard for some white folks to fathom but there's some actual things in the world where white folks input is simply NOT needed. This isn't somewhere ya'll opinion matters or counts for anything so constantly trying to inject it makes you and any other white person come off as "Well if they can say it why can't we"...which then makes you seem prejudice and racist.

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    She got a lil too comfortable obviously

Her friends must be cool.with it too

She should have known better though
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ? - is black dudes with gold ropes (chains) around their neck

? - is black dudes with ropes around their neck hanging from trees...

I tihnk Pac said some ? like that in an interviewer when he was asked why he uses the word
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Foul.. ? allow her to say ? anyhow, just say nah.. tell the chick no... and keep the ? movin.. till the ? picks the song
  • Kat
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    She got a lil too comfortable obviously

Her friends must be cool.with it too

She should have known better though

I think her "friends" set her up to fail tbh

How did her friends set her up to fail?

Do you think she asked or clued her friends in that she was about to go up there and request that particular song?

Nah, she probably just did that ? on her own and like @MsS said, she got too comfy and forgot her place.

I don't understand how you can interact with that many black people and still not understand that it's not cool for you to say that? Somebody in her circle is obviously allowing it.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not een about bein tolerant...No one should tolerate racism or discrimination...Ion see a case of that here though...

since u ask... there is no consensus. many blacks find its use as a term of endearment offensive... so this lends support to the argument that its offensive in any context... since this about a white using it, u can see how rational folks would applaud her being thrown out of the club, right?

Why is the white using it?...Do you same rational folks applaud the song itself...?