So the baby daddy decided to pop up..

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it more about him seeing her or her seeing him?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Ok, if I understand this correctly - your daughter has never met him ?

Don't you think she should.

Also, ya' man shouldn't factor in to whether or not ya' daughter knows her father. It might be late but that's still her dad.

What u worried 'bout ?

She has met him, but she has not seen him since she's been of an age where she might understand who he is..

I'm worried because why stir all this up just to be out again?

Why mess up what we got going and confuse her when I know it's most likely temporary?

I always want him to have access to his daughter which is why he has my number, but I'm worried for her.

He seems to be oblivious to all that.

It's understandable you're worried for her but part of allowing her to get to know her father is taking that risk of him leaving again. There's really no way around it. You can't develop a relationship with someone, friend, parent, other w/o risking being hurt. It's just unfortunately the hurt in this instance would be 1000x worse. If she's old enough to really think about it I'd say at least hear your daughter out because you can bet if she gets older and finds out her father wanted to see her at anytime and you denied that she'll take it out on you even if he still is a ? person.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, ya' man shouldn't factor in to whether or not ya' daughter knows her father. It might be late but that's still her dad.

What u worried 'bout ?

She has met him, but she has not seen him since she's been of an age where she might understand who he is..

Why mess up what we got going and confuse her when I know it's most likely temporary?

I always want him to have access to his daughter which is why he has my number, but I'm worried for her.

Does he call to speak to her - or it's just y'all that talk ?

Maybe he truly wants to get to know her now.

No, and we don't even talk. This is the first time I've heard from him in a year and a half.

And even as we're texting, he never asked about her, never asked for a pic..but he was quick to ask if me and HIS daughter could meet him at a Subway.

He just doesn't get it...and I can't make him get it.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know a couple ? who be having kids, and be wanting to see them on a whim but ain't bout that long term daddy life....

? be unnecessarily ridiculous on the momma part...cuz she want to see a ? be there for his kids... but know damn well he ain't gonna keep that ? up.....so she gotta look like a ? when he on some "i feel like it today" ?

i think the chicks who have no problem being that ? be winning though.....the ones who scared to be a ? be making their lives much more difficult than it need to be
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »
    Kat, only thing he brings is baggage and you don't need that.If he's gone a year n half with no contact with you or his daughter, let him be. He's just a sperm donor.

Sometimes you just gotta be real about situations. No father disappears for extended periods of time for no reason.
  • Kat
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

What u worried 'bout ?

It's understandable you're worried for her but part of allowing her to get to know her father is taking that risk of him leaving again. There's really no way around it. You can't develop a relationship with someone, friend, parent, other w/o risking being hurt. It's just unfortunately the hurt in this instance would be 1000x worse. If she's old enough to really think about it I'd say at least hear your daughter out because you can bet if she gets older and finds out her father wanted to see her at anytime and you denied that she'll take it out on you even if he still is a ? person.

She's only 6.

I wish she were older so she could understand. I'm just hesitant to even open that can of worms when he has a history of being flighty.

• Dupac
    Options
    I don't get the "let him see his daughter" angle...
    not saying he don't have rights, but he obviously a scumbag if he hasn't reached out before today...
    don't put your daughter through that confusion unnecessarily...
    I bet this will end in drama because only a lowlife would pop up out of the blue like lets go to Subway...

i wanna see fathers be there for their kids too.....but this ? sound like one of those

"let me prove to myself i ain't a complete loser"

type ?
  • Kat
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Is it more about him seeing her or her seeing him?

For him?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yead id see what his angle is for an extended period of time on some chit chat ? think of it as an interview process..

You should be like ok and bring his ass a picture of your daughter id keep her out of it til..idk
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wants ? , obviously. Thats the answer anytime a woman ask "what does he want"

In addition he wants you to know u aint ? but a 6 inch Italian light banana peppers.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    I don't get the "let him see his daughter" angle...
    not saying he don't have rights, but he obviously a scumbag if he hasn't reached out before today...
    don't put your daughter through that confusion unnecessarily...
    I bet this will end in drama because only a lowlife would pop up out of the blue like lets go to Subway...

i wanna see fathers be there for their kids too.....but this ? sound like one of those

"let me prove to myself i ain't a complete loser"

type ?

either that or he just tryna smash on Kat again.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Yead id see what his angle is for an extended period of time on some chit chat ? think of it as an interview process..

You should be like ok and bring his ass a picture of your daughter id keep her out of it til..idk

You're trying to get Kat kidnapped

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt lreally mean meet him..send him one possibly and keep him at arms length
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Du alluded to, this a pretty big crossroads. Are you gonna move forward with her knowing him here n there, or are you prepared to never have her meet him. If shes 6,7, thats nothin in the grand scheme of things. She's still young. But if you dont do it now, it gets more complicated and the effects last longer for her as an adult. B/c around 8 or so kids 'get it', and theres a huge diff betwen a kid's brain at 7 vs 9, or 8 vs 10, etc.

Huge decison. Good thing you have he IC here to help guide you...
  • Kat
    Options
    See I think it's about ? too, but he ain't had this ? since I was early in my pregnancy.

We even stayed with him for a minute after Hurricane Ike and he still didn't get any ? .

So surely he's not still thinking he can get it.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is a shiftless ? , don't bring your daughter around him until she is an adult. She don't need to be around that niggerish ? saying let's go to subway because obviously he is poor and cannot provide. He should pay child support for his niggadry.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What u worried 'bout ?

Does he call to speak to her - or it's just y'all that talk ?

Maybe he truly wants to get to know her now.

No, and we don't even talk. This is the first time I've heard from him in a year and a half.

And even as we're texting, he never asked about her, never asked for a pic..but he was quick to ask if me and HIS daughter could meet him at a Subway.

He just doesn't get it...and I can't make him get it.

I lean towards not standing in the way. Maybe it's because I can only imagine how many MFs was putting negativity in my BM's ear when I was tryin' to connect with my kid.

Especially if there's no threat of physical harm from him.
  • VIBE
    Options
    You should just steer clear of the guy. Makes no sense to start ? when he's just going to be absent until he feels he's ready again.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u know what he's about yet u entertaining the thought? y?
    smarten up kat...
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    handle this ? very carefully, he seems kinda like a weasel. Can you trust yourself to be around him and not have something "accidentally" happen? no disrespect as I don't know you or him, but dude wants something and it's not looking like it's a relationship with his daughter.
  • VIBE
    Options
    smarten up kat...

makes me think she still has feelings about the guy, some how some way it's in the back of her mind and she doesn't wanna ? up what's good now
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smarten up kat...

people can change though. And when it comes to a father being in a child's life its worth putting thought into. But u have to be smart about it or it.makes the situation worse.

smarten up kat...

makes me think she still has feelings about the guy, some how some way it's in the back of her mind and she doesn't wanna ? up what's good now

Katt...i hope this aint the case lol...
  • Dupac
    Options
    smarten up kat...

they always do