Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    these guys are superstars among superstars.

they will be able to find jobs. so that contract ? is out the window.

you can get out the contract because your boss put you under duress or some ? .

i hear excuses to why this is ok.

think about why lil wayne said some ? like that.....think about it.

i am sure he lost fans at some point in his career because of some ? he said.

every other fukking race stands shoulder to shoulder except blacks.

the chinese watch more bball now because of Lin....but what if he said that ? about chinks....they would protest the fukk outta him...but no we got ? holding signs an clowning...an slamming down a sweatshit like its hurting someone.

you can get to the elite level and stand for something. they can can away you medal but they cant deny your talent. all you fukk ? should always remember this:

blackpower.jpg

I've seen this pic pop up a few times in this discussion in a couple different places. I agree teh players should stand for something, thing is with this pic though is it was clearly taken after these athletes had won. They clearly didn't boycott the Olympics nor representing America. So let's just say the Clippers win the title or their season ends after this first round series. What if they then make a statement? Would that change how some of ya'll feel?

they made it after they won because they had the world watching...

right now the world is watching the NBA an the didnt take a stance. right this moment it was about them an they didnt take the time to stand up.

we dont know what else went on before this picture....but they made a statement we are all still talking about.

Yes they should have taken a stance yesterday other than taking off their warm ups but the situation is also still being played out. It's not over yet, as you just said the world is still watching, so they still do have a window to say and/or do something before tomorrow night's game that shows they are making more of a stance than "Here's our warm up jerseys in a big pile". I'm just wondering what the reaction would be if that statement were to come. Would it be received well or mocked for being too late?
  • blackrain
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    They said sterling wants to make this go away for the right price....? the clippers players, coaches and fans

Speaking of price Charles Barkley made an interesting point about Sterling and the Clippers. No doubt he should be forced out, but is it really a punishment to force him into a deal that puts hundreds of millions more into his pockets? It's a weird punishment in that sense and something that just isn't big or have enough of an impact, for him to be able to profit to that amount off these ? up comments and doesn't really feel like an impact would be made. If there was a way to simply strip him of ownership sans profit of selling them that'd be the best option but i don't even think that's legally possible
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

the chinese watch more bball now because of Lin....but what if he said that ? about chinks....they would protest the fukk outta him...but no we got ? holding signs an clowning...an slamming down a sweatshit like its hurting someone.

you can get to the elite level and stand for something. they can can away you medal but they cant deny your talent. all you fukk ? should always remember this:

blackpower.jpg

I've seen this pic pop up a few times in this discussion in a couple different places. I agree teh players should stand for something, thing is with this pic though is it was clearly taken after these athletes had won. They clearly didn't boycott the Olympics nor representing America. So let's just say the Clippers win the title or their season ends after this first round series. What if they then make a statement? Would that change how some of ya'll feel?

right now the world is watching the NBA an the didnt take a stance. right this moment it was about them an they didnt take the time to stand up.

we dont know what else went on before this picture....but they made a statement we are all still talking about.

I bolded that statement b/c thats when you can feel SAFE to make a stand!

i.e. when the govt/police does wrong, who is the 1 entity they fear: Not the president, not their congressman, its MEDIA.

If the coach/GM, whoever says no one is to make a statement, and i make a statement, tha ? is he gon do? Publicly denounce me!?!/ (actually, Doc might smh). If he does the world knows him as a vilian.

The leader of the free world has spoken on it. What else you need? The world woulda backed them doin or sayin something. Hell, look at how the networks hyped even that little jesrsey ? , and even Deandre Jordsan's IG blackout. Its b/c even they have the pressure to "be on the right side of history"

Thats a quote obviously these guys have never heard; "You dont wanna be on the wrong side of history". Well now they are.

Thats where its differnt from Tommy Carlos n the fist. The Clip players have "politcal correctness" on their side. It was the most convenient opportunity for revolution you'll ever find. Not even a boycott, but atleast a video saying 'I'm ? '. Thts it! smh

It was already bad enough they didnt say anything, but to be interviewed (CP3) and act like it dint happen is just...wow.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

blackpower.jpg

Yes they should have taken a stance yesterday other than taking off their warm ups but the situation is also still being played out. It's not over yet, as you just said the world is still watching, so they still do have a window to say and/or do something before tomorrow night's game that shows they are making more of a stance than "Here's our warm up jerseys in a big pile". I'm just wondering what the reaction would be if that statement were to come. Would it be received well or mocked for being too late?

i think you missed my point.....

when the olympics came it was years of ? and th height of black power and black pride. it wasnt a direct incident like this. they did it because of black power and the struggle.

this ? was directed towards the team in general and the fans and anyone black
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

blackpower.jpg

I bolded that statement b/c thats when you can feel SAFE to make a stand!

i.e. when the govt/police does wrong, who is the 1 entity they fear: Not the president, not their congressman, its MEDIA.

If the coach/GM, whoever says no one is to make a statement, and i make a statement, tha ? is he gon do? Publicly denounce me!?!/ (actually, Doc might smh). If he does the world knows him as a vilian.

The leader of the free world has spoken on it. What else you need? The world woulda backed them doin or sayin something. Hell, look at how the networks hyped even that little jesrsey ? , and even Deandre Jordsan's IG blackout. Its b/c even they have the pressure to "be on the right side of history"

Thats a quote obviously these guys have never heard; "You dont wanna be on the wrong side of history". Well now they are.

Thats where its differnt from Tommy Carlos n the fist. The Clip players have "politcal correctness" on their side. It was the most convenient opportunity for revolution you'll ever find. Not even a boycott, but atleast a video saying 'I'm ? '. Thts it! smh

It was already bad enough they didnt say anything, but to be interviewed (CP3) and act like it dint happen is just...wow.

exactly.....

making a stand after the fact weeks later means nothing.

it means you will still put up with the antics until its over like a good ? should.
    i understand these dudes working they whole life to get to this point...but if you a elite among superstar....you will have the opportunity again if you thorough like that and believe in yourself..

i hope them ? are happy with they millions and can look in the mirror
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand they have to verify it's him, but boooooy they makin me smh w/ this 'we'll get to the bottom of this''

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said sterling wants to make this go away for the right price....? the clippers players, coaches and fans

Speaking of price Charles Barkley made an interesting point about Sterling and the Clippers. No doubt he should be forced out, but is it really a punishment to force him into a deal that puts hundreds of millions more into his pockets? It's a weird punishment in that sense and something that just isn't big or have enough of an impact, for him to be able to profit to that amount off these ? up comments and doesn't really feel like an impact would be made. If there was a way to simply strip him of ownership sans profit of selling them that'd be the best option but i don't even think that's legally possible

The dude is super rich. There isn't any way to truly punish him for something like that. At the end of the day, there is nothing the NBA, players, or fans can do that will change the fact that this dude is rich. All anyone can do is take a stance against him that's strong enough that it sends a message to everyone that that kind of behavior won't be tolerated.

Also, let's not forget that the Clippers are in the best shape that they have been ever, and the Lakers are in decline. So he'd basically be selling the team when its at its most profitable. He'll never get what it's worth, and may not even recoup what he's invested in it over the years, so yeah that is a punishment.
  • blackrain
    Options

blackpower.jpg

i think you missed my point.....

when the olympics came it was years of ? and th height of black power and black pride. it wasnt a direct incident like this. they did it because of black power and the struggle.

this ? was directed towards the team in general and the fans and anyone black

This isn't a one shot incident. It's the culmination of years of him being this way, saying these things etc. It's just finally caught on audio. No it's not on the same mass level of Sterling, but I can't help but think "Why the hell is this just NOW becoming front page news" when Sterling's ways been public knowledge for years. How did he settle that lawsuit and nobody in the NBA's front office looked to punish/sanction him then? How could he be sued by Elgin Baylor for discrimination yet no punishment?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait for the 30 for 30 on this fiasco

"What if I told you, they had a chance to make history and make a statement, but they just wore their warmups inside out."

Espn presents 11 Little ? Boys(including half of Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes) and JJ Reddick...The story of the 2013-14 LA Clippers
    Brought to you commercial free by KFC

Wow. Lol.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The silver lining I get from of all this is how you can sit back and see how powerful and awesome black ? really is to the world. Last week the world stopped for Mimi's black ? now this chick black ? got this paleface demon about to lose his team, wife and at least 50% of whatever a ACLU divorce lawyer can walk away with. My ? don't let doc rivers and Chris Paul speak for us just hold your head up high and and let any white folk u run into today that you ain't cut from that ? cloth cp3 and doc created from.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Man shut the ? up its always vapid ignorant ? like you thay delude ? into black sexuality kys and I only read that first line ignorant idiot
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man shut the ? up its always vapid ignorant ? like you thay delude ? into black sexuality kys and I only read that first line ignorant idiot

Sex is a huge aspect In life. Good or bad.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ? you. You the one in here with that self hate finger waggin I told you so ? . How the ? is that help you stupid ass ? ? ?

• playmaker88
    edited April 2014
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

After thorough investigation by NBA officials Donald Sterling is not on the tape it was
    Frank Caliendo

Cj voice "its over"
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

its not. Dude is wealthy. That money aint going anywhere even if he is "forced" to sell the team. He would just take that money and invest it in another industry and remain remains wealthy racist.

This is why I said before, the fans hold the real power. A boycott of not only the Clippers, but a league that spawns people like Donald Sterling, would make a huge statement.

• playmaker88
    Options
    The league doesnt spawn donald sterling's thats a huge innacurate statement...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not really sure what y'all wanted the Clippers to do. Like, what y'all ? expected them to do?
  • blackrain
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »

its not. Dude is wealthy. That money aint going anywhere even if he is "forced" to sell the team. He would just take that money and invest it in another industry and remain remains wealthy racist.

This is why I said before, the fans hold the real power. A boycott of not only the Clippers, but a league that spawns people like Donald Sterling, would make a huge statement.

The bold is 100% true
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm so disappointed in the clippers and the NBA period...they had a golden opportunity to make stand and they chose to do some ? with the warm ups (they actually look worse doing that ? ...they would have been better off doing nothing)?? They ? up their chance to stand for something. I dont feel sorry for them ? em...I hope the checks are worth their dignity and pride because they have none. I hope the Warriors whip they ? the next two games and get them ? ass ? out the public....lmao at we got a job to do....? man I swear
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all really feel like this ? is about money for the Clippers, huh? SMH. Doing what the did is the most they could have done under the circumstances. A hear a lot of talk from ? about what they would have done in that situation...but y'all ? wouldn't have done ? . And if you did protest by not playing the game, you would have been as ass backwards as Donald Sterling.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    It would have been a bold statement would be epic if it was a sitout outside of the arena and no fans attended and jus congregated outside
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The league doesnt spawn donald sterling's thats a huge innacurate statement...

Maybe I chose the wrong words because your right...the NBA itself first spawn David Sterling's, AMERICA spawsn men like him who are put in positions to become owners of NBA teams. But thats besides the point and doesn't make my statement any less true.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip with his cracka ? ....
    They should go win games..
    Man ....
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this whole ? world is about money wtf world you live in...thats why we ain't never heard about his numerous previous incidents...MONEY...Donald Sterling probably laughing at these dumb ? still....what other logical reason exist for them not to take a stand? The fans, a title, lmao FOH...lmao at we gonna protest after the season..when people actually got some power and leverage they not even smart enough to know how to use it smdh
This discussion has been closed.