Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Y'all really feel like this ? is about money for the Clippers, huh? SMH. Doing what the did is the most they could have done under the circumstances. A hear a lot of talk from ? about what they would have done in that situation...but y'all ? wouldn't have done ? . And if you did protest by not playing the game, you would have been as ass backwards as Donald Sterling.

You're a disgrace
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not really sure what y'all wanted the Clippers to do. Like, what y'all ? expected them to do?

Sit out of the game.

I'm not saying I agree they should be ? on for not doing that. I'm just pointing out that people have stated explicitly what they wanted them to do several times in here.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    The league doesnt spawn donald sterling's thats a huge innacurate statement...

Maybe I chose the wrong words because your right...the NBA itself first spawn David Sterling's, AMERICA spawsn men like him who are put in positions to become owners of NBA teams. But thats besides the point and doesn't make my statement any less true.

It certainly does because your Initial statement was erroneous
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope some black people learn from this whole thing and understand that that white woman or white man you are ? could very well be just like sterling If not then this whole thing had been a waste of time.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole situation really is bigger than basketball honestly, it just goes to show that despite how popular you are popular and how educated or financially successful you are as a black man, the people with BIG money and power and influence in this country see you as a ? and "the enemy" lol....

Yall can keep ignoring the truth if you want. But this was a golden opportunity for these players to do something big with their platform and influence they have on the masses. But I guess we are asking too of these talented common "men"....

We gonna have to come together eventually anyway.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I hope some black people learn from this whole thing and understand that that white woman or white man you are ? could very well be just like sterling If not then this whole thing had been a waste of time.
    If they werent mindful of this and frivolous relationships beforehand that they subject themselves to than they already lost
    This isnt an eye opener.."they aint talkin bout me"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

We know your views on race mixing, and that's fine. But this lesson that you're trying to push from this situation is silly. This is a case of a mixed chick ? an old white man who is a known racist because she wants money. It's not a case of a black person marrying a white person who they think isn't racist but then turns out to be racist.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    The league doesnt spawn donald sterling's thats a huge innacurate statement...

Maybe I chose the wrong words because your right...the NBA itself first spawn David Sterling's, AMERICA spawsn men like him who are put in positions to become owners of NBA teams. But thats besides the point and doesn't make my statement any less true.

It certainly does because your Initial statement was erroneous

oh
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Y'all really feel like this ? is about money for the Clippers, huh? SMH. Doing what the did is the most they could have done under the circumstances. A hear a lot of talk from ? about what they would have done in that situation...but y'all ? wouldn't have done ? . And if you did protest by not playing the game, you would have been as ass backwards as Donald Sterling.

You're a disgrace

You're a disgrace if you would allow some ass backwards racist make you throw away years of effort, hard work and dedication by voluntarily giving up a chance at your dream.

This ain't the 50's and 60's, B. Do your research on what sit-ins, marching and sitting out of ? was designed to do back then. None of that ? applies in this situation.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Kys ..with that feminine retort
  • mryounggun
    Options
    I'm not really sure what y'all wanted the Clippers to do. Like, what y'all ? expected them to do?

Sit out of the game.

I'm not saying I agree they should be ? on for not doing that. I'm just pointing out that people have stated explicitly what they wanted them to do several times in here.

I figured. Just wasn't reading back to see.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Donald Sterling Hoping A Payoff Will Prevent GF V. Stiviano From Leaking More Audio

With his reputation already in shreds and repercussions from the NBA likely looming for his racist remarks, L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is hoping money will stop the bleeding.

TMZ reports that Sterling reached out to his girlfriend V. Stiviano on Sunday, April 27, to see if they could come to an agreement.

Stiviano is in possession of more than 100 hours of audiotape that could damage Sterling further. When contacted she told him to speak to her lawyer, which probably means she has a dollar figure in mind to make this all go away.

Sterling's estranged wife, Shelly Sterling, is suing Stiviano for $1.8 million she claims was stolen from her husband.

Stiviano is upset that Sterling is going along with the lawsuit. She also claims that he knew he was being recorded because he frequently forgot conversations and needed to refresh his memory.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

You're a disgrace

You're a disgrace if you would allow some ass backwards racist make you throw away years of effort, hard work and dedication by voluntarily giving up a chance at your dream.

This ain't the 50's and 60's, B. Do your research on what sit-ins, marching and sitting out of ? was designed to do back then. None of that ? applies in this situation.

You're right and wrong. You're right in that a boycott in this case would not have been the same as a boycott back then, so people do need to stop drawing those parallels. You're wrong when you imply that a boycott couldn't have made a possible statement and that making such a statement isn't worth some sacrifice.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Kys ..with that feminine retort

is it? Lol

you are just not worth the debate bruh. Because what was erroneous about my initial statement?

I'll wait.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i usually agree with majority of the ? you post cuz.. but you wrong on this one.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Donald Sterling Hoping A Payoff Will Prevent GF V. Stiviano From Leaking More Audio

With his reputation already in shreds and repercussions from the NBA likely looming for his racist remarks, L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is hoping money will stop the bleeding.

TMZ reports that Sterling reached out to his girlfriend V. Stiviano on Sunday, April 27, to see if they could come to an agreement.

Stiviano is in possession of more than 100 hours of audiotape that could damage Sterling further. When contacted she told him to speak to her lawyer, which probably means she has a dollar figure in mind to make this all go away.

Sterling's estranged wife, Shelly Sterling, is suing Stiviano for $1.8 million she claims was stolen from her husband.

Stiviano is upset that Sterling is going along with the lawsuit. She also claims that he knew he was being recorded because he frequently forgot conversations and needed to refresh his memory.

damn she got 100 hours of tape on his ass... hoes aint ? but GOAT this ?
  • mryounggun
    Options
    ? this whole ? world is about money wtf world you live in...thats why we ain't never heard about his numerous previous incidents...MONEY...Donald Sterling probably laughing at these dumb ? still....what other logical reason exist for them not to take a stand? The fans, a title, lmao FOH...lmao at we gonna protest after the season..when people actually got some power and leverage they not even smart enough to know how to use it smdh

Na ? . YOU ain't never heard about his previous incidents. The lawsuits against him for conspiring to keep minorities out go the apartments buildings he own are very well documented. So is Baron Davis claiming that Sterling used to sit court side and call him a '? ' when he wasn't playing well. Get it together.

And yes, a chance at a championship would be reason for me to not protest. Protesting my sitting out doesn't solve anything or prove anything. At all. Not a single thing. All it does is allow Donald Sterling to ? up a shot of reaching a goal you been working towards your whole life. ? outta here. You think he'd care if they sat out? If it was a ? like Mark Cuban - a ? who is actually a basketball FAN and doesn't look at his team as just another part of his portfolio - then it would be different. But if you have been paying attention to how this ? runs the team over the years, it's clear he doesn't really care about the actual game like that. The Clips are just a business decision to him, so sitting out means nothing.

If someone can tell me what sitting out would accomplish that is meaningful, I'd be happy to listen and consider it.

? need to stop being emotional and look at this ? for what it is.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Anybody else think it's funny that this country basically ruined Tiger Woods and treated him like he was the ? human being on earth because he was cheating on his wife. Yet, they so casually refer to this chick as Sterling's girlfriend without so much as even pointing out that he's married and thus shouldn't have girlfriends.

in America....

Hypocrisy is high

Logic is low
  • playmaker88
    Options
    You ? backtracked yourself, after you said the nba creates donald sterlings as if there is an assembly line of donald sterlings jus waiting to be manufactured
    Did you not just say you misspoke
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with the idea of the players sitting out. Is Sterling racist... Yes. But should they just leave the NBA as a whole? Join the Bobcats?

If it was my boss, I would want them fired. But he is a owner. I guess them boycotting to play might get him to sell.

Well if you can boycott to get him to sell to a minority... Then it's worth it...
  • mryounggun
    Options

You're a disgrace

You're right and wrong. You're right in that a boycott in this case would not have been the same as a boycott back then, so people do need to stop drawing those parallels. You're wrong when you imply that a boycott couldn't have made a possible statement and that making such a statement isn't worth some sacrifice.

Explain it to me then, B. When you're right as much as I am, you don't have a problem being wrong. Lol. I just don't see it. What MEANINGFUL statement would a boycott (meaning them not playing the game) have made?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We know your views on race mixing, and that's fine. But this lesson that you're trying to push from this situation is silly. This is a case of a mixed chick ? an old white man who is a known racist because she wants money. It's not a case of a black person marrying a white person who they think isn't racist but then turns out to be racist.

This case is the perfect example of why race mixing is a bad idea for black people and it does not matter what her motives were he said what he said.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »

i usually agree with majority of the ? you post cuz.. but you wrong on this one.

Same question I posed to Monk...What MEANINGFUL statement would a boycott (meaning them not playing the game) have made?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash on ol boys girl...

Rumour has it this dude ? for black men...smh

Behind the racism is a ? ? with a thing for black dudes...SMH
This discussion has been closed.