Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options
1909192939496»

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He about to sue the nba
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it true that Lebron said "if Sterling stays the owner next year then he won't play?"

If Sterling stays the owner then nobody should play for him
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    And the Clippers are out.

so was it worth it Clipper players huh? was it?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2014
    Options

I get that alot of people wanted them to boycott literally the rest of the playoffs because in ya'll mind "They had no shot at winning a title"...but did ya'll really expect them to come out and say "We got no shot at winning a title so we're shutting down for the rest of the season til this gets resolved" during the middle of a playoff run? Use common sense on that at least. You can ask "was it worth it" to damn near every team who loses and the answer will be "no" based on them losing and nothing else w/o adding in all the other things going on too
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    did that fool just call out Magic about his ? ? I'm just watching the Cooper interview
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I get that alot of people wanted them to boycott literally the rest of the playoffs because in ya'll mind "They had no shot at winning a title"...but did ya'll really expect them to come out and say "We got no shot at winning a title so we're shutting down for the rest of the season til this gets resolved" during the middle of a playoff run? Use common sense on that at least. You can ask "was it worth it" to damn near every team who loses and the answer will be "no" based on them losing and nothing else w/o adding in all the other things going on too

I didn't want them to boycott the rest of the playoffs actually, but being passive aggressive by making nonsensical fashion statements that means absolutely nothing certainly wasn't the way to go either.

By boycotting at least that initial one game (not all) wouldn't have diminished their chance of progression and it would have represented a more positive and prominent stance that would be forever remembered as this was the day a group of mostly young black men stood for something beyond their own needs in the face of blatant racism. Instead they chose to represent themselves as million dollar slaves that would tap dance (or in this dribble and hoop) for some bucks. Don't forget the whole world was watching (not because it was just another playoff game) and to make matters worse, one of the players in the team was the ? president of the NBA players association.

Now even if they did want to play and not even risk boycotting just one insignificant game (in the grand scheme of things), then again there was no reason for them prior to the game commencing to make an impactful and profound statement about the situation - but for those Clippers players I guess it was just another game for them to play.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I didn't want them to boycott the rest of the playoffs actually, but being passive aggressive by making nonsensical fashion statements that means absolutely nothing certainly wasn't the way to go either.

By boycotting at least that initial one game (not all) wouldn't have diminished their chance of progression and it would have represented a more positive and prominent stance that would be forever remembered as this was the day a group of mostly young black men stood for something beyond their own needs in the face of blatant racism. Instead they chose to represent themselves as million dollar slaves that would tap dance (or in this dribble and hoop) for some bucks. Don't forget the whole world was watching (not because it was just another playoff game) and to make matters worse, one of the players in the team was the ? president of the NBA players association.

Now even if they did want to play and not even risk boycotting just one insignificant game (in the grand scheme of things), then again there was no reason for them prior to the game commencing to make an impactful and profound statement about the situation - but for those Clippers players I guess it was just another game for them to play.

I get you. I agree the warm up ? was corny as ? . I just think people throw the term boycott around too loosely. Like folks getting mad last year every black person didn't just up and move out of Flordia and boycott the whole state. I think a lot of time people are more impressed with a big show than actual substance and what it takes to get ? accomplished.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder, if Sterling gonna sell now that they're eliminated ?

Latest story is he's going hard on the NBA on some "try and take my team" ? .

Nah, he ain't even trying to pay the fine. They said he's taking the NBA to court to fight everything.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Is it true that Lebron said "if Sterling stays the owner next year then he won't play?"

If Sterling stays the owner then nobody should play for him

The NBA Players Association VP said he did. Lebron then came back and said e didnt say it. The Player VP then apologized for the "miscommunication."
This discussion has been closed.