What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Will Hip Hop Be Relevant In 15-20 Years?

Besides the underground do you see hip-hop evolving in 15-20 years? Or do you think it will be taken over by garbage rappers? Also, do you think trap music would still be relevant too? In my opinion, I think the young people now will look and the that Lil Wayne was a G.O.A.T artist. I'm young and I don't think Wayne is a G.O.A.T. What music will us Black people create next is what I ask myself. I don't want the hip-hop culture to die out. When you have artist who suck the future doesn't look bright. Just look at Chief Keef and Lil Mouse. These are the people who are suppose to represent the future? I miss when hip-hop had meaning. Like when you listen to Nas and Tupac. Everybody discuss where do you see our culture of hip-hop going? There's a lot of things I love from Pro Wrestling although I don't watch it much. Plus MMA/Martial Arts, and I love Hip-Hop and the dancing/battles that comes with it.

"The Ideal American"

Replies

• damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    threads like this are stupid... of course it is.... just because the eras change don't make the genre less relevant. ..
  • GorillaWitAttitudeGorillaWitAttitude Posts: 3,566
    threads like this are stupid... of course it is.... just because the eras change don't make the genre less relevant. ..

I know eras change, but in my opinion this era has been the worst. Besides from a few good artists we don't have anyone that can carry the torch.
    "The Ideal American"

sapp08_2001
  • _Lefty_Lefty Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and No. It's always going to be around, but I think commercially, beats, rhymes and life is behind us. Once you inject money into an art form, the art generally suffers on the surface. So run of the mill fans that listen to the radio will never really know what it's all about. It will be here, but the average person is getting super watered down product. I shudder to think what it will be like in 20 years.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    It'll be around it's too profitable.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    MoneyLuver
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know eras change, but in my opinion this era has been the worst. Besides from a few good artists we don't have anyone that can carry the torch.

Yea you are young.... niggas say what you saying every generation.... do you think in the 80's people in they 40 ' s was completely supportive of hip hop?

do you think in the 90's everybody was on SWV and jodeci? naw... only time will weed out what people will appreciate 15 or 20 years from now..
  • GorillaWitAttitudeGorillaWitAttitude Posts: 3,566

Yea you are young.... niggas say what you saying every generation.... do you think in the 80's people in they 40 ' s was completely supportive of hip hop?

do you think in the 90's everybody was on SWV and jodeci? naw... only time will weed out what people will appreciate 15 or 20 years from now..

Yeah you make a point with that. Maybe I am looking into that too much. I just kinda get worried with it sometimes because I love the hip-hop culture.
    "The Ideal American"

• nickel-us Pnickel-us P Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they stop promoting acts like Young Thug, yea
    GorillaWitAttitude5th LetterSplackavelli
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,663 Regulator
    Hip-Hop is pop music now.... eventually it will evolve into something way off from what it used to sound like - shit we're already seeing it now. What will happen is that sub genres will emerge and become the new medium for pop music to flourish just like how when Rock & Roll "died" punk rock and emo rock came into prominence.

Another thing too is that fans need to let these older artists grow and accept them. People out here saying Scarface, Nas, Prodigy, KRS-One, Chuck D, Peewee Kirkland are "irrelevant" cuz they're not making songs with Drake, Wale, A$AP Rocky & them SMMFH, not realizing that these dudes are the fabric of what keeps and holds Hip-Hop together. Without them to drop science and educate yall on what the mathematics is in 2014, Hip-Hop ceases to exist and gets run over by corporate interests who will use and abuse it for their benefit and make it so Hip-Hop can no longer birth opportunities for blacks the way it used to. Keep on dissing the old and watch what will happen with the new......
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    MR.CJgoldenja
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it will be
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • KneeGro_DuperManKneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea it will, but mainstream hip hop will probably be worse than what it is now.
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question isn't specific enough.

1. Are you asking in 15-20 years will people still be listening to Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?

2. Or are you asking in 15-20 years will there be rap albums that are better than and surpass Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

MoneyLuver
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I might know someone
    Street Military members:

K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT

Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
    goldenjaBenjaminE
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 years is not far away enough but is jazz revelent?? that's your answer and the future of hip-hop if this shit continues
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentrification
    MarcusGarvey
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk seems like mainstream is in a state of depression and underground is reigning supreme
    Ear2DaSt
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    1. Nas
    2. Common
    3. Scarface
    4. Q-Tip
    5. 2Pac

goldentouchphotography.com
    Mister B.
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is its "relevance" right now?
    Mister B.
    Idk seems like mainstream is in a state of depression and underground is reigning supreme

Street Military members:

• MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    It'll be around it's too profitable.
    Stew wrote: »
    Hip Hop will be relevant for the rest of our lives. As popular as it once was/is? Maybe not but will always be relevant.
    co-sign, especially the folks that grew up with it. you think people that grew up with jazz and the blues stop listening to those genres when they weren't relevant? hell no. people will always go back to what they're familiar with, especially if they're older.

• MoneyLuverMoneyLuver Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    The question isn't specific enough.

1. Are you asking in 15-20 years will people still be listening to Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?

2. Or are you asking in 15-20 years will there be rap albums that are better than and surpass Illmatic, The Chronic, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back and Paid in Full?

Simple questions people never wanna answer. Becuz as long as I have air in my body "The Chronic" for one will still be on deck

what is its "relevance" right now?

AAAAAAHHHHHHH
    edited July 2014
    Stew wrote: »
    Hip Hop will be relevant for the rest of our lives. As popular as it once was/is? Maybe not but will always be relevant.

it will get bigger then it is now

Street Military members:

MoneyLuver