BLACK FOLKS: IF THE G'MENT OFFERED YOU 1MILL TO LEAVE AMERICA TO GO TO AFRICA AND NEVER COME BACK

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    This ? @zombie crazy bruh I swear..

So if you don't own something you didn't build it now?

* Let's just disregard the fact that in the early days of America the economy of an ENTIRE REGION of the country was dependent on slave labor.

*Let's disregard the fact that Blacks are over represented in every branch of the armed services except the coast guard(? don't swim like that)

*Let's disregard the fact that the Black dollar makes up a disproportionate amount of consumer spending in this country

*Let's disregard the fact that about 90% of pop music can be traced directly back to Blacks

*Let's disregard that pop culture pretty much takes it's trends from the Black Community which only makes up 13% of the country

Nobody said that Blacks DESIGNED this country. But we damn sure BUILT this country. You really think America would be the super power that it is today without the contributions made by Blacks from day 1 ? Like you actually believe that? Of course we weren't who benefited from our labor...THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE LABOR DIDN'T HAPPEN. That Jamaican ? y'all smoke must be potent as ?

you guys are using false comparisons you cannot compare the establishing of a nation state to building a car or house. the economy of the early united was largely built of farm work but who created the value and the demand for that work? white people. black people were animals pigs and cows.

yes blacks are over representated in the armed services but not in the officer positions in other words most blacks in the army are the order takers not the order givers.

also what kind of ? would be proud that their people spend all their ? money the black dollar circulates once in the community before it's given away to whites,arabs and asians.

music is nice but who actually owns the publishing??? the cultural influence blacks have had on america is evident but that is of small importance in the larger scope of things.

you want to be proud of owning nothing controlling nothing and being a permanent under class be my guess and yes america would be a superpower without black people, what made america a superpower was winning ww2 not black music or culture which seems to be the things you are most proud of, i don't smoke.
  • zombie
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    By the way white people built america not african americans, all ? did was farm work like animals but the actual structure of this society was created by white people and remains in their control. the culture of the united states in 89% european.

i always laugh when i hear african american brag about "building america" did the cows on the farm build the farm?? no the farmer uses them for his profit and when he's done he slaughters them.

How I miss this ? lie...sheesh

disprove me you geriatric coin what did I say that was untrue the USA was established for and by white men

While the first part of your sentiment is factual, the second part is inaccurate and superficially flawed.

America wasn't solely built by white men (nor was it solely built by blacks.) The US wasn't created in a vacuum, it developed over time and transmuted to what it is today.

While white men created the conceptual framework of our society (basically just transferred and modified ideas from their previous home’s society) and the economic expansion of the US was heavily influenced by slave labor. The south alone (the epicenter of the slave trade) were providing 2/3 of the world’s supply of cotton, which obviously became the leading American export. Slave-based agriculture was highly profitable and before the industrialization of America in the 1800s rendered it obsolete, at one point virtually the entire colonial American population’s livelihood (roughly 90%) revolved around agriculture. Slave-based agriculture also directly influenced and lent impetus to the development of America’s transportation infrastructure (which of course naturally evolved to what it is today.)

I assume you’re aware of the industrial (and technological) history of America? Slave’s direct and indirect impact on the industrialization and urbanization in America? Where everything historically documented galvanized the United States into the modern era of being one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world.

Europeans fled Europe to build a new nation and forced Africans against their will, to help them build it.

FWIW If you haven’t read “Capitalism and Slavery” By Eric Williams, I’d recommend it. The author was a black professor who offered a refreshing perspective on slavery’s impact, it’s devoid of a white slant but fact-filled.

if you are saying the the usa is part of a continuum of western civilization then you would be correct.

yes, america relied on farm work so it relied on slaves but it was there owners and sellers and buyers that created the economic power of slavery. if i am forcing you to build something i am the one doing the building you are just a tool like a wrench or hammer.

is that eric williams the first prime minister of trinidad and tobago??
  • zombie
    Options
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

Not a damn thing but what does that have to do with going to Africa?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

you are not going to get it. especially now that american society claims to be "integrated" the whole earth is home. the concept of being loyal to a nation-state is for suckers. our love for america or any nation should be proportional to what it can do for ourselves, our families and our race.

liberia was a case of former slaves trying to establish a nation, the situation proposed in this thread is much different because it would be the immigration of rich people to nations that have already been established.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes blacks are over representated in the armed services but not in the officer positions in other words most blacks in the army are the order takers not the order givers.

Take away the officers you still have an army, albeit a less organized one. Take away the army the officers are useless.
    also what kind of ? would be proud that their people spend all their ? money the black dollar circulates once in the community before it's given away to whites,arabs and asians.

Who said anything about being proud of the fact? That was mentioned to demonstrate the significance of the Black dollar in American capitalism..wtf are u talking about
    music is nice but who actually owns the publishing??? the cultural influence blacks have had on america is evident but that is of small importance in the larger scope of things.

Again, take away the record labels/publishing companies and you still have music that can be distributed.. take away the music[and the creators of the music] and the record labels/ publishing companies are useless .
    you want to be proud of owning nothing controlling nothing and being a permanent under class be my guess and yes america would be a superpower without black people, what made america a superpower was winning ww2 not black music or culture which seems to be the things you are most proud of, i don't smoke.

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that America wouldn't have even been in a position to win World War II without the foundation that was laid early in it's founding by SLAVE LABOR performed by BLACK PEOPLE. Out of all the countries in what's known as the modern western world, America was the last to abolish slavery and thus got to benefit the longest from free labor. Just because you own something doesn't mean you built it..stop being simple. Michael Jackson owned the Beatles catalog when he died...does that mean he's the one who's responsible for the success of the Beatles?? No? FOH.

Your notion is that since we don't control it we had no part in it's success is utterly ridiculous
  • Stiff
    Options
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

you are not going to get it. especially now that american society claims to be "integrated" the whole earth is home. the concept of being loyal to a nation-state is for suckers. our love for america or any nation should be proportional to what it can do for ourselves, our families and our race.

liberia was a case of former slaves trying to establish a nation, the situation proposed in this thread is much different because it would be the immigration of rich people to nations that have already been established.

Being loyal to a nation-state is for suckers but you're suggesting that we be loyal to an entire continent that we have no direct connection to..aite

The underlined is what makes this situation worse

With Liberia at least they were going back trying to make a new homeland to call their own. In this scenario we're just uprooting from our culture that we've established here and going to integrate into another culture that's not our own.

And as for the million dollar payouts, what do you think is more likely: most people will take the million, go to Africa and launch a successful endeavor that benefits their bloodline for generation to come...

OR

Take the money, go to Africa, not know how to handle the money because they're not used to having that much money so don't have the money management skills or business savvy, end up going broke and ? up... in Africa which is way worse than being ? up in America. Most people who take the money would go broke for the same reason most lottery winners go broke.

Lack of money ain't what's holding us back..it's lack of understanding.

I'm not saying I could blame anybody for taking the million but don't try to talk that ? like it's for the betterment of the Black race.
  • Stiff
    Options
    By the way white people built america not african americans, all ? did was farm work like animals but the actual structure of this society was created by white people and remains in their control. the culture of the united states in 89% european.

i always laugh when i hear african american brag about "building america" did the cows on the farm build the farm?? no the farmer uses them for his profit and when he's done he slaughters them.

disprove me you geriatric coin what did I say that was untrue the USA was established for and by white men

While the first part of your sentiment is factual, the second part is inaccurate and superficially flawed.

America wasn't solely built by white men (nor was it solely built by blacks.) The US wasn't created in a vacuum, it developed over time and transmuted to what it is today.

While white men created the conceptual framework of our society (basically just transferred and modified ideas from their previous home’s society) and the economic expansion of the US was heavily influenced by slave labor. The south alone (the epicenter of the slave trade) were providing 2/3 of the world’s supply of cotton, which obviously became the leading American export. Slave-based agriculture was highly profitable and before the industrialization of America in the 1800s rendered it obsolete, at one point virtually the entire colonial American population’s livelihood (roughly 90%) revolved around agriculture. Slave-based agriculture also directly influenced and lent impetus to the development of America’s transportation infrastructure (which of course naturally evolved to what it is today.)

I assume you’re aware of the industrial (and technological) history of America? Slave’s direct and indirect impact on the industrialization and urbanization in America? Where everything historically documented galvanized the United States into the modern era of being one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world.

Europeans fled Europe to build a new nation and forced Africans against their will, to help them build it.

FWIW If you haven’t read “Capitalism and Slavery” By Eric Williams, I’d recommend it. The author was a black professor who offered a refreshing perspective on slavery’s impact, it’s devoid of a white slant but fact-filled.

if you are saying the the usa is part of a continuum of western civilization then you would be correct.

yes, america relied on farm work so it relied on slaves but it was there owners and sellers and buyers that created the economic power of slavery. if i am forcing you to build something i am the one doing the building you are just a tool like a wrench or hammer.

Do we have to sit here and explain to you the difference between inanimate objects and human beings? Can you pay a wrench for its services?

You sound like the ? right now.
  • zombie
    Options

Take away the officers you still have an army, albeit a less organized one. Take away the army the officers are useless.

Who said anything about being proud of the fact? That was mentioned to demonstrate the significance of the Black dollar in American capitalism..wtf are u talking about

Again, take away the record labels/publishing companies and you still have music that can be distributed.. take away the music[and the creators of the music] and the record labels/ publishing companies are useless .

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that America wouldn't have even been in a position to win World War II without the foundation that was laid early in it's founding by SLAVE LABOR performed by BLACK PEOPLE. Out of all the countries in what's known as the modern western world, America was the last to abolish slavery and thus got to benefit the longest from free labor. Just because you own something doesn't mean you built it..stop being simple. Michael Jackson owned the Beatles catalog when he died...does that mean he's the one who's responsible for the success of the Beatles?? No? FOH.

Your notion is that since we don't control it we had no part in it's success is utterly ridiculous

with out officers you have no army you have a mob.

yes, the black dollar is significant to white people if it does not circulate in our community then it's useless we are just consumers we are feeding other people.

if you take away all the record labels and publishing companies then all you have is music that's nice but music alone cannot feed your children or pay your rent. actually brazil was the last nation to abolish slavery as for the michael jackson thing once again you are making a false equivalence. the usa would have been a superpower no matter what look at the size of the nation, once the indians were conquered and mexico dealt with and peace made with canada the writing was on the wall.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah!, Take my ass to the Mother Land!
    Basically bruh us saying that a farmers "tools" can't take credit for the yield of his land...

the farmer is the one that used what he had wisely and "built" his farm with the resources that he had. The planning and the execution of those plans where drawn up by the farmer. This is likened to how America was established.

When are we gonna make use of our own "resources" and build something we can truly call our own?
  • zombie
    Options

Do we have to sit here and explain to you the difference between inanimate objects and human beings? Can you pay a wrench for its services?

You sound like the ? right now.

were african slaves paid?? no neither are hammers
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options

Being loyal to a nation-state is for suckers but you're suggesting that we be loyal to an entire continent that we have no direct connection to..aite

With Liberia at least they were going back trying to make a new homeland to call their own. In this scenario we're just uprooting from our culture that we've established here and going to integrate into another culture that's not our own.

And as for the million dollar payouts, what do you think is more likely: most people will take the million, go to Africa and launch a successful endeavor that benefits their bloodline for generation to come...

OR

Take the money, go to Africa, not know how to handle the money because they're not used to having that much money so don't have the money management skills or business savvy, end up going broke and ? up... in Africa which is way worse than being ? up in America. Most people who take the money would go broke for the same reason most lottery winners go broke.

I'm not saying I could blame anybody for taking the million but don't try to talk that ? like it's for the betterment of the Black race.

@ the bolded that's not what i am saying i am saying that we should be loyal to the race no matter our location but clearly if that location is africa more good can come out of it in the long run.

and i am assuming that anyone who takes the money won't be a ? .
  • Stiff
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Basically bruh us saying that a farmers "tools" can't take credit for the yield of his land...

the farmer is the one that used what he had wisely and "built" his farm with the resources that he had. The planning and the execution of those plans where drawn up by the farmer. This is likened to how America was established.

When are we gonna make use of our own "resources" and build something we can truly call our own?

When the "tool" is a hammer then no, it can't take credit because it doesn't have the ability to---it's an inanimate object. We're talking about PEOPLE here. Our very own ancestors. This is a crazy idea that Blacks didn't contribute to the success of this nation. I've honestly never heard anybody ever say anything like this, other than white supremacists of course.
  • Stiff
    Options

OR

@ the bolded that's not what i am saying i am saying that we should be loyal to the race no matter our location but clearly if that location is africa more good can come out of it in the long run.

You think that ? will turn down the chance to be a millionaire for no work? All they have to do is move? ? would pack their ? up so quick. You think just intellectuals or business people would accept the money? I'm pretty sure tons of people on welfare and food stamps that you alluded to before would as well.

And just because we'll be in Africa doesn't automatically mean it will be best for us in the long run. Africans aren't the main beneficiaries of the resources that Africa has to offer today, so what does that tell you. At one point we were in Africa with our riches and that didn't stop the continent and race as a whole from being ? over because we didn't understand the game at the time. Money won't bring understanding.

• zombie
    Options

When the "tool" is a hammer then no, it can't take credit because it doesn't have the ability to---it's an inanimate object. We're talking about PEOPLE here. Our very own ancestors. This is a crazy idea that Blacks didn't contribute to the success of this nation. I've honestly never heard anybody ever say anything like this, other than white supremacists of course.

when did i say that?? i said blacks did not build america and we cannot take credit for the superpower status of this nation either. did blacks contribute?? yeah i guess you could say so but not really because we were forced too we had no choice in the matter. you have not heard this before because you have the heard lies that keep black people unable to properly orientate ourselves in this brutal competition based society.
  • Stiff
    Options

when did i say that?? i said blacks did not build america and we cannot take credit for the superpower status of this nation either. did blacks contribute?? yeah i guess you could say so but not really because we were forced too we had no choice in the matter. you have not heard this before because you have the heard lies that keep black people unable to properly orientate ourselves in this brutal competition based society.
    when did i say that??
    did blacks contribute?? yeah i guess you could say so but not really because we were forced too we had no choice in the matter

You literally just said it in the same paragraph that you denied saying it...ummmm alright then
  • zombie
    Options

OR

You think that ? will turn down the chance to be a millionaire for no work? All they have to do is move? ? would pack their ? up so quick. You think just intellectuals or business people would accept the money? I'm pretty sure tons of people on welfare and food stamps that you alluded to before would as well.

And just because we'll be in Africa doesn't automatically mean it will be best for us in the long run. Africans aren't the main beneficiaries of the resources that Africa has to offer today, so what does that tell you. At one point we were in Africa with our riches and that didn't stop the continent and race as a whole from being ? over because we didn't understand the game at the time. Money won't bring understanding.

the stupid will die like flies, and anyone who just moves to another nation without a plan is a fool no matter how much money they have or are promised. and honestly i don't think those kind of people would take the money. they would be too afraid and unsure of themselves. african economies are slow to develop due to infrastructure building it cost money a sudden influx of rich citizens will provide governments with the tax base to build it when the economy grows stronger then african nations can reap more of the benefits of their natural resources.

what you don't understand is that money is the board the game is played on today and with out it you can fix nothing.

and when i say money i mean wealth not just the paper althrough the paper is very important.
  • zombie
    Options

when did i say that??
    did blacks contribute?? yeah i guess you could say so but not really because we were forced too we had no choice in the matter

You literally just said it in the same paragraph that you denied saying it...ummmm alright then

there is a question mark around black "contributing" to the building of america since for the most part we were forced. is a forced contribution a real contribution?? is what we need to ask ourselves that was the point of that post sorry you did not get it
  • Stiff
    Options

when did i say that??

there is a question mark around black "contributing" to the building of america since for the most part we were forced. is a forced contribution a real contribution?? is what we need to ask ourselves that was the point of that post sorry you did not get it

A forced contribution that brought real results is a real contribution.
  • zombie
    Options

when did i say that??

according to you
    because the word contribution has always connoted a willingness on the part of the one contributing.
  • Stiff
    edited September 2014
    Options

when did i say that??

according to you
    because the word contribution has always connoted a willingness on the part of the one contributing.

according to you
    because it's possible to both unwillingly contribute and unknowingly contribute

Your argument basically devolved from "Blacks didn't help build this country because we don't own anything" to "Blacks didn't help build this country because we didn't have a good attitude about the work we were doing at the time"

As if the work doesn't "count"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nope, This is my home, I aint going nowhere! YMCMB/ABCDEFG
    ok...i read enough

no million dollars aint ? .

how many people making $40k a yer make good financial decisons?

what the fukk you think your normal person will do with a sudden $1mill?

second....who is going to go to africa and live modest with a million?

the more money you have the more you know you have to spend.

even if you live like your making $50k a year that will only be 20 years, then what?

its not like ? should quit they job over getting a mill. thats just stupid.

alot of people dont know how to invest and even more people are afraid to start a business.

the idea to leave for a million is ludacris.

know how money works before making a stupid decision. talking bout living better in africa with a mill. ? are delusional. stop putting down the continent like that. that is indicating they are all ? poor and everything is cheap when that is clearly not the case.

nigas cant even live good in the hood with a mill. first thing they gonna do is buy a bigger house and car. fukk you think they gonna do in africa or any other place?
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

All I’m saying is that you're dismissing the slaves’ cultivation of cash crops and their impact on the fabric of American society – economically and culturally, the former a salient reason their forced labor was highly sought after and the latter the result of an Eurocentric society becoming enamored with (and appropriating) foreign cultures.

Your hypotheticals/examples are oversimplifying a complex, emotionally-charged topic that has heavy implications. If you force someone to build something regardless of their autonomy or input during the creation of the idea, they helped built it.

One has to be careful with invoking literalism when discussing topics like these. Moreover, here’s a more apt hypothetical (but even this doesn’t give a completely nuanced perspective of the topic):

Let’s say for instance your father is a talented chef, he creates a delicious recipe and buys all the necessary ingredients but forces you to make perfectly everything from scratch and then cook it by following the directions– if you don’t do it, he’ll discipline you. So in fear of punishment, you do it against your will and successfully cook the meal. Is it not wrong for your father to take all the credit for making the meal? Do you not deserve some credit as well? Did you, not him, actually cook the meal?

Ah,I see you’re familiar with Eric Williams. Yes, that’s him. He’s definitely one of the more underrated black historical figures.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

All I’m saying is that you're dismissing the slaves’ cultivation of cash crops and their impact on the fabric of American society – economically and culturally, the former a salient reason their forced labor was highly sought after and the latter the result of an Eurocentric society becoming enamored with (and appropriating) foreign cultures.

Your hypotheticals/examples are oversimplifying a complex, emotionally-charged topic that has heavy implications. If you force someone to build something regardless of their autonomy or input during the creation of the idea, they helped built it.

One has to be careful with invoking literalism when discussing topics like these. Moreover, here’s a more apt hypothetical (but even this doesn’t give a completely nuanced perspective of the topic):

Let’s say for instance your father is a talented chef, he creates a delicious recipe and buys all the necessary ingredients but forces you to make perfectly everything from scratch and then cook it by following the directions– if you don’t do it, he’ll discipline you. So in fear of punishment, you do it against your will and successfully cook the meal. Is it not wrong for your father to take all the credit for making the meal? Do you not deserve some credit as well? Did you, not him, actually cook the meal?

Ah,I see you’re familiar with Eric Williams. Yes, that’s him. He’s definitely one of the more underrated black historical figures.

i love this analogy.

in a white persons eyes.....if they are the chef...they are right and they taught you a trade and you should be thankful you are even in the kitchen to learn something.. if they are the sous chef, they deserve rights, better working conditions and fair pay.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

when did i say that??

according to you
    I don't see any part of the definition that denotes the 'willingness' of a contributor.
    gQh1TrW.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hell yeah!, Take my ass to the Mother Land!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I guess you can do a lot with 1 Million over there, but I've done a lot as a broke ? over here already and i have all the things at my disposal to make my life comfortable here. The intellectual boost may be good, but then it may also spark animosity like in Liberia. I guess its easy if your family are recent immigrants from there.