Options
    She looks like kapri styles in the left pic
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    THATS darkest of purple? FOH

Literally, I turn purple during summers. I dont tan well at all.

That picture doesnt show it but if I can find this other picture from 2007, you can literally see what im talking about.

Its like how when white people turn red if they dont tan... yeah, I turn dark purple.
    Do she date black guys?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I'ma state my peace and then keep it moving cuz this ? could go on forever but there are some things I want to address.

In this thread alone the dude @DrJohnHenrikClarke has been divisive among Black people on 3 fronts and a lot of y'all cosigned it:

Dark skinned Blacks separate from light skin Blacks
    West African Blacks separate from East African Blacks
    And Blacks with 2 Black Parents separate from Blacks of Mixed heritage

All of these tactics of division are problematic and symptomatic of a larger issue. AJackson in OP expressed an affinity for light skinned Black women. Is this affinity governed by Eurocentric standards of beauty or is it an innocent preference the way some people may prefer a skinny woman over a thick woman? I don't know that man's heart, I don't know what's in his mind. AJackson trolls as a ? from time to time for ? and giggles but dude is actually pretty knowledgeable and insightful.

However what I do know is this: not every decision a Black man makes in 2015 is because of slavery, jim crow, oppression, or conditioning. You all need to stop insulting the mind of the Black man to the point where you believe he can't make his own decisions. Unlike the ? that some of y'all like to preach on here, the Black man WAS NOT broken by slavery. The Black man was NOT broken by jim Crow. The Black man was NOT broken by the Diaspora. Cut that wack ? out. ? ain't walking around conking their hair anymore.

YoungSanWoman

^^ If I see this San woman and say she beautiful, it ain't because any White man told me she was or because my mind has been conditioned. Don't insult my mind like that. And don't insult the mind of your people like that. She more than likely has Black African blood that is more pure than my own. And now she's not AS Black? She's not AS African? Some of y'all self-righteous so called "educated" Black people get off on saying how weak the mind of the Diasporic Black Man is and how much he has been conditioned. That's bogus. If you've been conditioned, then speak for yourself.

Some of y'all are so eager to not go the way of Eurocentricism that you go the extreme in the other way and in your folly now you're bashing lighter skin people like they not Black too! What sense does that make? You're just as wrong as somebody bashing dark skin. It's all Black. It's all beautiful.

Every other post some of you ? insult Diasporic Black people in America..saying our minds are weak..saying we have no culture of their own. You've been bamboozled and you're part of the problem. Check yourself. I'm Diasporic and slavery ain't break me. If it broke you, then say that. Don't project that on the rest of us.

/rant. Now y'all continue to ? on Black people like y'all are so good at.

165.gif

If you say so bruh......
    If you say so........
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen the light. Now I need my dark skin African Queen.

10952709_373872789450187_211372012_n.jpg
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only skin-related feature that I can attest to considering when embracing how attracted I am to a woman has been how healthy it looks. That "glow," so to speak..

"Healthy" light skin > pale light skin, for instance.
    Clear skin > Splotchy or irritated skin, to further illustrate..

And I'm not sure how productive this is, but ~
    @Khaleesi's sister > @Khaleesi.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    Its sad to see but it is true.. light skinned women are preferred over dark, and for this reason, women whom are lightskinned think they are better than darker skinned women.

When in reality, there are mannyyyy ugly light skinned ? who still think they cute cuz they lightskinned.

And mannyyy beautiful dark skinned chicks who think they ugly just cuz they dark skinned.

Im gonna be honest and share with yall the struggles that my little sister (who is 5 years younger than me) had to go through because she ended up being born a few shades darker than my sisters and I. When she was younger she hated that she had darker skin... even though she was also the only one who came out with my grandma's indian hair.

She's getting better about it now, but she's always been very beautiful to me.

I on the other hand... came out the lightest out of my 6 sisters. Used to be called the "white child" as a kid and never by my name. Over the years my complexion has gradually gotten darker to match my parents, but even now I change colors depending on the season.

I go from the darkest of purple in the summer to the palest of yellow brown in the winters.

PhotoGrid_1423231972464_zpsbombiiqu.jpg

I dont notice a difference in the amount of guys that hit on me when im darker or lighter, its about the same.

Ajax is a big fat phony. Though. Why alienate the beautiful chocolates?

I guess your man doesn't like you in the summer since doesn't like dark skin by your own admission huh?

And thanks for declaring us east Africans not black guys. Let me go break the news to my black husband and family. Question do the darker skinned people in my family get to stay black or nah?

He doesn't mind my darker tone during the summer, hence his ex was darker than me.

He prefers dating women whom are not white nor dark like my sister in the summer. Its his preference.

If he were to choose, he would rather be with a dark skin than a white girl.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    The only skin-related feature that I can attest to considering when embracing how attracted I am to a woman has been how healthy it looks. That "glow," so to speak..

Word.

A non-dry, non-dull, smooth complexion with that there healthy 'sun-kissed' glow you mentioned is hnnng.

• MistyKnight
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

Word.

A non-dry, non-dull, smooth complexion with that there healthy 'sun-kissed' glow you mentioned is hnnng.

Its callled makeup.

Dudes never know the difference & just assume that flawless skin exists.

Newsflash, it doesnt.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Its callled makeup.

Newsflash, it doesnt.

I'd like to think that I can tell the difference, which is why quite honestly, I don't care much for makeup. I'd rather most women not wear any at all, actually..

What I've come to notice is that a lot of femmes care more about what make-up to use instead of maintaining healthy skin. Many of the things women use cosmetics to hide could actually be remedied by better health regimens, better hygienic practices, and a better diet. They don't get enough sleep, don't use the right soaps and moisturizers, and don't eat the right foods or drink enough water..

Beauty is natural, not artificial or supplementary. Art imitates life.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

Word.

Its callled makeup.

Newsflash, it doesnt.

What I'm talking about isn't washed off. And it isn't limited to the face.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "my man doesnt like dark skin women" - khaleesi
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Its sad to see but it is true.. light skinned women are preferred over dark, and for this reason, women whom are lightskinned think they are better than darker skinned women.

When in reality, there are mannyyyy ugly light skinned ? who still think they cute cuz they lightskinned.

And mannyyy beautiful dark skinned chicks who think they ugly just cuz they dark skinned.

Im gonna be honest and share with yall the struggles that my little sister (who is 5 years younger than me) had to go through because she ended up being born a few shades darker than my sisters and I. When she was younger she hated that she had darker skin... even though she was also the only one who came out with my grandma's indian hair.

I on the other hand... came out the lightest out of my 6 sisters. Used to be called the "white child" as a kid and never by my name. Over the years my complexion has gradually gotten darker to match my parents, but even now I change colors depending on the season.

I go from the darkest of purple in the summer to the palest of yellow brown in the winters.

I dont notice a difference in the amount of guys that hit on me when im darker or lighter, its about the same.

I guess your man doesn't like you in the summer since doesn't like dark skin by your own admission huh?

And thanks for declaring us east Africans not black guys. Let me go break the news to my black husband and family. Question do the darker skinned people in my family get to stay black or nah?

He doesn't mind my darker tone during the summer, hence his ex was darker than me.

He prefers dating women whom are not white nor dark like my sister in the summer. Its his preference.

so the cracka your dating can have a preference but black people cant amongst their own?

you a ? and a half

Wait a minute......

Why are you dating a white man?

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This clown @Stiff is going way too hard defending his need to only date lightskin chicks.

How is it not self-hatred to put lighter skin on a pedestal?

And then you got the nerve to say the white man is conditioning people who think that's coonery. lol the projection is real
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This clown @Stiff is going way too hard defending his need to only date lightskin chicks.

And then you got the nerve to say the white man is conditioning people who think that's coonery. lol the projection is real

Nope I prefer Dark skin women PERSONALLY. Maybe try again?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh....haha how I miss this?

so man lolz...
    ....My taste for women hasn't changed, but I need a young lady who is conscious and has concerns within her own community and pan-afrikanism that our Ancestor Marcus Garvey has laid out for us, I have talked to many, but if I recieve this job in DC I may join there and try to build my business out there and hopefully a Queen will come and be my help-mate in this quest. Thank you for reading my story.

kneehigh-park-o.gif

I'm dying
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt that....You been on here arguing for seven pages about why exclusively liking lighter skin on a generally dark race of people isn't a symptom of self-hate. You even went as far as saying to those who diagnosed that coonish mentality were themselves cooning.

But you prefer dark skin hoes?

Yeah ok
  • MistyKnight
    Options

so the cracka your dating can have a preference but black people cant amongst their own?

you a ? and a half

Wait a minute......

Because he had the ? to ask me out & then ask me to marry him.

He's also half mexican, but he don't really claim his white side like that. He hates white people... except his mom.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

you a ? and a half

Wait a minute......

He's also half mexican, but he don't really claim his white side like that. He hates white people... except his mom.
    I hope you get herpes

in both eyeballs
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

you a ? and a half

Wait a minute......

I hope you get herpes

Thanks! U too!
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options

I doubt that....You been on here arguing for seven pages about why exclusively liking lighter skin on a generally dark race of people isn't a symptom of self-hate. You even went as far as saying to those who diagnosed that coonish mentality were themselves cooning.

But you prefer dark skin hoes?

Yeah ok

@Trillaaaaaa
    Exactly. I'm able to see a picture bigger than myself. For instance, @THIRDSUPREME mentioned how Beyonce is more popular because she's lighter.

Here was a post I made a couple weeks regarding that in the thread "I Don't Find *Insert* Attractive":
    I always found Kelly Rowland badder than Beyonce growing up and still do to this day. I had that argument so many times with various people.

In the same thread I even said this regarding the brown skin Kellita Smith in comparison to the much lighter Halle Berry
    Halle Berry was always super overrated to me as well. I remember when she appeared on Bernie Mac show that 1 episode. Side by side next to Bernie's wife on there (Kellita Smith) Halle was slick getting ? on. Kellita Smith is a bad woman.

And that's just off the top of my head. So yeah like I said feel free to try again.