The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I dont get this whole thing against Kyrie and assuming he'll never be healthy. It wasn't that long ago when Steph was injury prone and had the worst ankles in North America before D-Will took the mantle.

Not tryin to stir the ? but haven't you talked ? bout wade?

???

Idk what you're talking about or what point you're looking to make....
    But I hope you're not comparing a young injured Kyrie to Wade whose been hurt well past his prime.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Now comes the worst part of the yr for most of us sports fans.....

Its only jun and football IS NOT around the corner yet!!

:((
    There's still baseball
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dan gilbert been quiet as ?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I dont get this whole thing against Kyrie and assuming he'll never be healthy. It wasn't that long ago when Steph was injury prone and had the worst ankles in North America before D-Will took the mantle.

Not tryin to stir the ? but haven't you talked ? bout wade?

???

Idk what you're talking about or what point you're looking to make....
    But I hope you're not comparing a young injured Kyrie to Wade whose been hurt well past his prime.

Just saying you keep goin in about how ppl assume kyrie won't be healthy. Then I asked haven't you assumed that wade with wade which would seem hypocritical? Kyrie is more injury prone than wade at 23

But then you just clicked feelings for a reason idk. Just a question Im not putting stock in it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Lebron is 30 his prime is almost over and he has a lot of milage on him. he still don't have a jumpshot to rely on when his athleticism diminishes

As ivetold manyfolk, he can,easily transition to he best PG in,the league overnight.

Nggaa talk LeBron like he Shaq with nothingbit,strength and athleticism. His bball iq akd,vision, mixed with his,size, would make him an elite PG

Terrible arguement steph had bad ankles

Kyrie got star nfl running back injurys

Aight maybe my last post bc the anti-lebron/Cavs sentiment is clouding reason

1 persistent, aka chronic injury would be worse than a bunch of random ailments.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Curry the 3rd PG to win MVP and lead his team to title, Cousy and Magic being the 1st and 2nd,and with all the 3PT records he broke and leading his team to 67 wins, this season right here puts him top 5 PG All time..

And he's 6 seasons in..

Nah homie he'll have to do this longer.

He's going to have to do more I'd expect him to get back to the finals and at least compete for another title or two as alpha dog as well.

What more does have to do to be considered top 5 PG All Time? GS had a historic season, led them a title in nearly half a century, set 3pt NBA records in the regular season and playoffs,first PG since Magic to win MVP and title in one season, leader of a te full of Rookies to win the title hasn't been done since Jordan in '91, 3rd most wins total in NBA history behind 95-96 and 96-97 Bulls, generally accepted as the GOAT shooter...

What PG other than Zeke,Magic and Big O would you take over him at this point?

Holdup forget the other ? . Did you just say GSW is a "team full of rookies?"

555322240.gif?1333773919&Expires=1434630918&Signature=uZUdglj4GjT6i~FzVE9SojN5LO7l2f8Fyzuddjid-EUIXVgQ2bYA3OHzqbULZV2n-pg68kRYT48wsvEsWClA65lKn2~pNwyi6VmdA-8fZ~MBlLKKPkFITfO7cGJgTGmafmzdw7Y3RqFWrqj18-s4RSFovO73of~kfP8VNqg0Oxo_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

Are you that stupid ? ? everybody knew what I meant, everybody on GS were rookies to the NBA Finals and they won, hasn't been done sine Jordan in '91 swear you're the dumbest non troll that post here....

I don't know Bruh. Kinda sounded like you were implying the team was made up of a lot of young, unproven players... You were saying some other outlandish stuff- so that assumption wasn't very far fetched.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry the 3rd PG to win MVP and lead his team to title, Cousy and Magic being the 1st and 2nd,and with all the 3PT records he broke and leading his team to 67 wins, this season right here puts him top 5 PG All time..

And he's 6 seasons in..

He's going to have to do more I'd expect him to get back to the finals and at least compete for another title or two as alpha dog as well.

What more does have to do to be considered top 5 PG All Time? GS had a historic season, led them a title in nearly half a century, set 3pt NBA records in the regular season and playoffs,first PG since Magic to win MVP and title in one season, leader of a te full of Rookies to win the title hasn't been done since Jordan in '91, 3rd most wins total in NBA history behind 95-96 and 96-97 Bulls, generally accepted as the GOAT shooter...

555322240.gif?1333773919&Expires=1434630918&Signature=uZUdglj4GjT6i~FzVE9SojN5LO7l2f8Fyzuddjid-EUIXVgQ2bYA3OHzqbULZV2n-pg68kRYT48wsvEsWClA65lKn2~pNwyi6VmdA-8fZ~MBlLKKPkFITfO7cGJgTGmafmzdw7Y3RqFWrqj18-s4RSFovO73of~kfP8VNqg0Oxo_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

Are you that stupid ? ? everybody knew what I meant, everybody on GS were rookies to the NBA Finals and they won, hasn't been done sine Jordan in '91 swear you're the dumbest non troll that post here....

I don't know Bruh. Kinda sounded like you were implying the team was made up of a lot of young, unproven players... You were saying some other outlandish stuff- so that assumption wasn't very far fetched.

What did I say that was "outlandish", everything was facts
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In regards to Lebron he is in his prime.

I don't think Lebron's game will age as gracefully as a Tim Duncan or even a Kobe Bryant to a lesser degree.

Lebron is 6'8 and probably weighs every bit of 270 pounds or better these long runs in the playoffs and playing heavy minutes will eventually take their toll on him.

Those Heat teams and now Cavs teams depend on him for a lot; dude has to be the absolute best player on the floor in the later rounds of those deep playoff runs.

A lot of Lebron's game is predicated on speed, strength, and raw athleticism where as a player like Duncan has never been an athlete.

Lebron should better develop his post game and jumpshot as that great athleticism starts to fade.

With that said we probably got another 3-4 years before we start to see any significant drop off in his game.
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options

And he's 6 seasons in..

What did I say that was "outlandish", everything was facts

Really, bruh?

I had to unhide your post in order to quote it...
    And he's 6 seasons in..

And he's 6 seasons in..

What PG other than Zeke,Magic and Big O would you take over him at this point?[

He has had one great season... And you are putting him over:

Nash, GP, Stockton, Kidd, Pistol Pete, Kevin Johnson, CP, Cousy, the Logo, Walt Frazier, Tim Hardaway, Mark Price etc... And that's off the top of my head

You wanna give the kid an hour to in his prime first?
  • blu197
    Options
    Did any of those PGs you named have a better season than he did this year? Lmaooo @ Walt Frazier,Tim Hardaway,Mark Price,KJ and all those other ? who didn't even lead their team to Finals some of those nor even the 3rd round... And Jerry West and Pete are undersized SGs
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options
    One season bruh... You are comparing him to guys with very solid bodies of work.

All due respect to Steph, he couldn't stay on the court a few years ago. Is it fair to put Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway in the same category as Jordan and LeBron? And let's not forget he is not exactly playing with the team full of scrubs. Hell, he didn't even win finals MVP.

Let's wait till this guy consistently delivers results like he did this year. No one is saying he won't get there, but one year does not Hall of Fame player make.
  • blu197
    Options
    One season bruh... You are comparing him to guys with very solid bodies of work.

All due respect to Steph, he couldn't stay on the court a few years ago. Is it fair to put Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway in the same category as Jordan and LeBron? And let's not forget he is not exactly playing with the team full of scrubs. Hell, he didn't even win finals MVP.

Let's wait till this guy consistently delivers results like he did this year. No one is saying he won't get there, but one year does not Hall of Fame player make.

Now you're just saying ? without even looking ? up to see if it's true, "he couldn't stay on the court a few years ago" but yet he played at least 74 games every season besides the lockout year, and smh @ Grant Hill and Penny, were they the leaders of a team that atleast won 50 games? Did they ever finish top 10 in MVP voting?

And so what if he didn't win the Finals MVP, did Kareem,Shaq,Bird,Magic,Duncan ect win every FMVP? everybody with a brain knows he's the leader of the team and still put up 26/7/4 on 45% while seeing double teams off every pic and roll and the primary focus for Cavs Defense the whole series while Iggy just knocked down open shots and played good defense...

And it's not just this season, last season he put up better stats than this year, the team just got a better coach and Klay and Draymond are getting better every year...
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know how late I am with this statement but I seen a stat that said that Golden State are 57-0, when they are down by 15 in the 4th quarter. If that is true then them boys are some *LoopyBlogger voice* BULLIESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options

Now you're just saying ? without even looking ? up to see if it's true, "he couldn't stay on the court a few years ago" but yet he played at least 74 games every season besides the lockout year, and smh @ Grant Hill and Penny, were they the leaders of a team that atleast won 50 games? Did they ever finish top 10 in MVP voting?

And so what if he didn't win the Finals MVP, did Kareem,Shaq,Bird,Magic,Duncan ect win every FMVP? everybody with a brain knows he's the leader of the team and still put up 26/7/4 on 45% while seeing double teams off every pic and roll and the primary focus for Cavs Defense the whole series while Iggy just knocked down open shots and played good defense...

And it's not just this season, last season he put up better stats than this year, the team just got a better coach and Klay and Draymond are getting better every year...

Oh... So Steph didn't have ankle problems?...

And yeah, you right- G Hill and Penny were trash before their injuries ... Definitely not on the Hall of Fame trajectory...

BTW, Kareem,Shaq,Bird,Magic,Duncan had. Several years of sustained excellence MVPs, and titles... Not one year

And Steph's stats for last year were great, but hundreds of dudes put up great stats for a stretch. It doesn't make them top five at their position

Let's say Steph were to fall off and have 3 down years and (? forbid) gets injured. Are you still putting him in your top 5 All time off of one great year?

• MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lebron gonna be 2016 champion
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I don't know how late I am with this statement but I seen a stat that said that Golden State are 57-0, when they are down by 15 in the 4th quarter. If that is true then them boys are some *LoopyBlogger voice* BULLIESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!"

My ? ... they won 67 games. Do you really think that in 57 of them they were down 15 at some point in the 4th? lol

The stat is they are 57-0 in games in which they had a 15 point lead at any point.
  • blu197
    Options
    I'm not sayin he didn't but he was the court more than 90% of the season so wtf is your point?

He's 6 seasons in, tf kinda fall off will he have? So I guess he's going to magically lose his handle and jumpshot just as he magically got it at the start of the 14-15 season you serious ? ?...

Again GS had a top 5-6 season All Time, he's the 3rd PG EVER to win MVP and the title in the same year, he already owns multiple NBA records even before this season he owned them, you really sayin ? like CP,Mark Price,KJ ect are better when when they haven't accomplished close to that and had talent around them to do it... GTFOH Curry top 5 PG All Time, Magic,Zeke,Big O are only ahead of him, with Kidd and Curry being 4/5...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol you're jumping the gun, let his career play out dawg
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »

My ? ... they won 67 games. Do you really think that in 57 of them they were down 15 at some point in the 4th? lol

The stat is they are 57-0 in games in which they had a 15 point lead at any point.

Let me browse that statement again, brb after this commercial Break
  • T. Sanford
    Options
  • blu197
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Saying steph is an all time great shooter is not farfetched.

Saying steph is a top 5 pg ever is absolutely stupid. Rankings like that take CAREERS into effect. That's why it's so stupid to say he's top 5 after one stellar season. Extreme example... but say he retires tomorrow. Does the career he had up until this point make him top 5 ever? Hell no.

But it's blu... so... to be expected

If Curry retired today who besides him on the GS 14-15 team will make the HOF? You can cry all you want but can't deny historic records and him accomplishing ? that hasn't been done since the 90s/80s/70s.... Top 5 PG All Time..
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did any of those PGs you named have a better season than he did this year? Lmaooo @ Walt Frazier,Tim Hardaway,Mark Price,KJ and all those other ? who didn't even lead their team to Finals some of those nor even the 3rd round... And Jerry West and Pete are undersized SGs
    lol wut?