Official 2015 NBA OFFSEASON thread

Options

Comments

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we got Lopez and Afflalo.. I'm not mad at that.. I would have preferred DeAndre but it's a start.. These dudes aren't going to fill up the box sheet every night but I expect them to come with a blue collar Mentality and do the little things.. Melo is going to have to earn his money.. He's known as a scorer.. Phil didn't bring much scoring into the organization.. So Melo is going to have to get buckets if we want to sniff the post season..
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks had 27 mil in cap space they gave 8 mil to super average affalo and 12-13 a year to sideshow bob lopez

They got 8 mil left and are talking to corey brwer and derrick williams.Is this even a playoff team? lollllllll

xd8000.gif

Nobody can still create their own shot besides melo...lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im interested to see how Jennings comes back off this Achilles injury. Dude was playing some of his best ball right before the injury, finally seemed to get better as a decision maker with scoring and passing as well
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    that was wack you might get a couple of laughs just cuz
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Knicks had 27 mil in cap space they gave 8 mil to super average affalo and 12-13 a year to sideshow bob lopez

They got 8 mil left and are talking to corey brwer and derrick williams.Is this even a playoff team? lollllllll
    Knicks bout to average 85ppg lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Obviously if health permits these teams gonna make the playoffs in the east

Cavs,bucks,bulls,wizards,hawks,heat,raptors

then you got the pacers,nets,knicks,celtics and possibly the magic or pistons as contenders for that last spot
  • Beta
    Options
    I feel like if the Lakers don't get Tobias Harris (who havent been interested enough to get him imo) he's gonna sign a 2 yr deal in Orlando with a option
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't wanna lose brewer but we can re-sign KJ mcdaniels and put him in that spot off the bench
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The glory days this team had in the 90's.. to becoming a downhill non existent organization in the early and mid 2000's era speaks volume.. This team wasn't going sign anybody significant.. That's the reality.. These move's that we made put us in the right direction..but do I think it's playoff worthy? No.. Gotta clean up the reputation first to a least make this organization an attraction for FA's.. That why I applaud Phil for not letting the NY Media pressuring him into doing something stupid..like James Dolan would do out of desperation, just to get torn to pieces by the Media..

We could of got Greg Monroe.., Phil gave him the max.. instead he wants to win(spending 5 years in Detroit and never sniff the playoff's) and goes to the bucks.. Top 5 in defense that would compliment his skill sets than here, solid core roster and jason kidd as the head coach...Playoff ready... can't blame him..

Plus, with the horror stories, that some of these players hear about this organization past... You can't blame them for not wanting to take the risk..

Now as for these pick up's.. Affalo, Lopez and then later on Corey brewer and Derrick Williams.. Solid pieces.. Give's us Flexibility in terms of the roster, adjustment's and Fits. This organization has almost always prioritized the scorer over the fit, and the name over the scheme. and feels good to see that Phil and them.. are doing something different.. than the opposite..Just find smart, decent shooting players and Big Men defensive mechanic's, with indirect skill sets on offense.. and can do the ? work around Melo..
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I feel like if the Lakers don't get Tobias Harris (who havent been interested enough to get him imo) he's gonna sign a 2 yr deal in Orlando with a option

Orlando missing out on millsap effected us signing him. They said orlando was gonna match almost anything except a max. We coulda got him for $12 mil a year instead of giving that filth to amir Johnson smh
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    That's the kings my dyslexic brotha lls
  • Beta
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    That's the kings my dyslexic brotha lls

Lmao thanks homie
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4c6d25c4b313029cd6799105b73719a5.jpg

To all the Laker haters
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    We already saw how toasted that ? Iman was during the finals, hes making potheads look bad with that hairstyle
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

The glory days this team had in the 90's.. to becoming a downhill non existent organization in the early and mid 2000's era speaks volume.. This team wasn't going sign anybody significant.. That's the reality.. These move's that we made put us in the right direction..but do I think it's playoff worthy? No.. Gotta clean up the reputation first to a least make this organization an attraction for FA's.. That why I applaud Phil for not letting the NY Media pressuring him into doing something stupid..like James Dolan would do out of desperation, just to get torn to pieces by the Media..

We could of got Greg Monroe.., Phil gave him the max.. instead he wants to win(spending 5 years in Detroit and never sniff the playoff's) and goes to the bucks.. Top 5 in defense that would compliment his skill sets than here, solid core roster and jason kidd as the head coach...Playoff ready... can't blame him..

Plus, with the horror stories, that some of these players hear about this organization past... You can't blame them for not wanting to take the risk..

Now as for these pick up's.. Affalo, Lopez and then later on Corey brewer and Derrick Williams.. Solid pieces.. Give's us Flexibility in terms of the roster, adjustment's and Fits. This organization has almost always prioritized the scorer over the fit, and the name over the scheme. and feels good to see that Phil and them.. are doing something different.. than the opposite..Just find smart, decent shooting players and Big Men defensive mechanic's, with indirect skill sets on offense.. and can do the ? work around Melo..

I do agree the draft and these moves are a small step towards becoming more respectable but without their pick next year and several other younger teams who will ascend in the next 2-3 years I don't see how the knicks can win the east or a title with melo on that roster.

Next summer they should seriously consider trading duke.Several teams will have cap space to absorb that contract
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jennings better not come off the,bench hes better than reggie jackson as of right now

I don't know about that, Reggie Jackson was really leading the team and averaging a double double down the stretch, he also developed a greater chemistry on the pick and roll with Andre Drummond.

Jennings did play great too, but it looks like Jackson has more upside at this point, as Jackson can also create his own shot consistently.

SVG will likely bring Jennings off the bench and play both PG's alongside each other from time to time like he did before we traded Augustin.
  • Beta
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options