Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Eminem is the worst part of this joint... he is out of place as ? ... trash

#1. He's not #2. He is a bit out of place.

what on this album is worse than Em screaming about ? ?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is dope,potential and most likely classic.Mixing is great of course.? spit on here.

Em bodied his verse.IDK what yall heard.Jon Conner repped Michigan too,X and Game went ham.Cube had a dope flow.Kendrick is....kendrick.

I love this album.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    So according to those credits neither Snoop nor Cube wrote their verses because they're names aren't on those credits...damn I figured Snoop didn't he's had other people write for him for a while now but I thought Cube wrote his ? still

What people need to understand is that some of these ? are too rich and too busy to be walking around with their old ink pen & notepad.

Think about it........If you were the head of a record company with multiple artists under your label, married w/kids, had a net worth of $100 Million, was signing promotional deals with clothing/shoe/liquor companies, and was constantly appearing at big events to network...........Would you still have time to write lyrics for your albums or would you write some of it & fill in the rest from young ghostwriters that you could afford to pay?

Dre pretty much never wrote his rhymes, so that ? aint news, but Cube? Even at his age, Im surprised. Same goes for Jay at his age.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can i go buy this at best buy or not?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    So according to those credits neither Snoop nor Cube wrote their verses because they're names aren't on those credits...damn I figured Snoop didn't he's had other people write for him for a while now but I thought Cube wrote his ? still

What people need to understand is that some of these ? are too rich and too busy to be walking around with their old ink pen & notepad.

Think about it........If you were the head of a record company with multiple artists under your label, married w/kids, had a net worth of $100 Million, was signing promotional deals with clothing/shoe/liquor companies, and was constantly appearing at big events to network...........Would you still have time to write lyrics for your albums or would you write some of it & fill in the rest from young ghostwriters that you could afford to pay?

Dre pretty much never wrote his rhymes, so that ? aint news, but Cube? Even at his age, Im surprised. Same goes for Jay at his age.

The reason Cube doesn't surprise me is because he's mostly invested in movies right now. That coupled with his wealth, marital status, & position as a legend means that writing lyrics is not that important to him right now.

@_Goldie_ , I think a lot of people are going to be surprised to find out that the majority of high profile hip hop artists are getting help with their lyrics. I don't want to bring the Drake/Meek stuff up, but it's one of the reasons I believe other artists are not commenting on the beef. I think Meek ? up and exposed something that should have stayed behind closed doors within the hip hop community.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options

Not available yet. There's an exact date posted a few pages back. I don't remember the date.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not available yet. There's an exact date posted a few pages back. I don't remember the date.

Aug 21
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is dope!!....All in a Days Work and Darkside/Gone are crazy...Kendrick just ripped it
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

The reason Cube doesn't surprise me is because he's mostly invested in movies right now. That coupled with his wealth, marital status, & position as a legend means that writing lyrics is not that important to him right now.

@_Goldie_ , I think a lot of people are going to be surprised to find out that the majority of high profile hip hop artists are getting help with their lyrics. I don't want to bring the Drake/Meek stuff up, but it's one of the reasons I believe other artists are not commenting on the beef. I think Meek ? up and exposed something that should have stayed behind closed doors within the hip hop community.

Idk fam, I dont think majority of the elite MC's are getting help writing their verses, Im sure theyre getting help writting hooks and bridges tho. But you may be right.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Ice Cube on Issues was dope
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This King Mez dude tho. Damn.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jon0hyfbg wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Nipsey Hussle did some work on this album, but obviously he didn't make the cut.

I want to see an interview with Dre talking about who worked on this album and didn't make it on.

I figured Tyrese (No Black Ty) would have been on here.

No Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont, Slim The Mobster, Nate Dogg vocals, no Easy E rap vocals, No MC Ren, Warren G still hasn't worked with his brother, Kurupt, Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q, Nas, and Hov. That would had made this album a big send off.

All these cats worked on "Detox". From what it sounds like in that interview he did is he started from scratch probably not too long ago. Tons of dope music just collectin dust we'll prolly never hear :(

breh, you ever watched the making of Detox videos? So much dope ? they let you hear the making of that never dropped or dropping for that matter

Post the vid
  • black caesar
    edited August 2015
    Options

I get what you're trying to say, but ? that. This is rap. Gladiator ? . You think Spartacus is going to let someone ghost fight for him in the coliseum? Of course not. You got to have your own pen in this game.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options

You can write in thes studio. People do it all the time. There's plenty successfuk musicians that write their own music in the studio. You don't gotta walk around with a pad and pen all day to still write your own ?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AOTY no doubt. Snoop snapped on that track with Jon Connor. Game went off. Em did his thang. Cube was trill like always
  • black caesar
    Options

Physical copies are not out yet.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least we like it, my friend said ? calling it wack on her FB page
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop, not shocked.. but Cube writes all his ? and movie scripts so thats suprising..

Ghostwriting is finally becoming "in" now, i guess
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek talking about ghost writing exposed an ugly part of the game
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    @_Goldie_ @black caesar @blackrain

It was intended as food for thought..........Good replies though
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    This King Mez dude tho. Damn.

He sounds like Trick Daddy.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all on me needs two more verse. For the Em era and the g unit era of his career
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Giving it the first listen now. On track 5. Anderson Paak compliments this song very nicely.
This discussion has been closed.