Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lebron James
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Man Jek I jus looked at 4 random games and his matchup got his numbers in every single game

He be gettin ate up they hide him on defense. He is a great offensive player I'm a fan since he was at Davidson but the truth is the truth.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Everybody i talk to about Steph Curry being the best player ive seen play this year (well not everybody but all these Lebron fanboys do)brings up " he cant be the best player because he dont play defense blah blah blah

Yet when I asked them in GS's 11 or 12 games they ve played this year show me somebody who has lit him up if his defense is so sorry (knowing ive already looked up the numbers)...all i get is nonsense and question avoidance. Real talk why cant steph be the best right now? Could his defense be underatted and ? are reaching? Some people before he choked in last years WCF put stock into James Harden being the best and James doesnt play a damn lick of Defense! Look...Nobody playing at a higher level than Steph right now and stats can support that.

Lowry jus had 28 and jarret jack did too

Tell us how much he hit them for tho.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Man Jek I jus looked at 4 random games and his matchup got his numbers in every single game

For example Ty Lawson was running his mouth to sports illustrated about Stephs defense but played him this year and only hit Curry for 11. Paul hit em for a cool 24, Rondo did his triple double thing, and the last two games a few guys got a few points but nobody really ? on him. Let these guys tell it and they act like hes out there getting roasted. Cant find one match up he didnt win.

• DR. JEK
    Options
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

For example Ty Lawson was running his mouth to sports illustrated about Stephs defense but played him this year and only hit Curry for 11. Paul hit em for a cool 24, Rondo did his triple double thing, and the last two games a few guys got a few points but nobody really ? on him. Let these guys tell it and they act like hes out there getting roasted. Cant find one match up he didnt win.

Lol well of course he gon win the matchup most of the time but that's cuz he dont sacrifice his offense for defense they rely on him to score too much they just switch klay over to his man so it seems he aint gettin torched
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry

Lol well of course he gon win the matchup most of the time but that's cuz he dont sacrifice his offense for defense they rely on him to score too much they just switch klay over to his man so it seems he aint gettin torched

And yeah he had to withstand CP3 bringing it to him tonight but I look at what Steph did to them guys in the 4th quarter. Look at how Cris Paul couldnt do ? on offense in the 4th quarter tonight when his team was choking that ? away. Droppin 40 on a ? that was really tryna get after him on defense and even got him in foul trouble like he did when they played in the bay(? coulda been close to 60 if he didnt sit alot the 1st quarter). The Yellow Fellow is ? cold blooded man
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teams need to make curry play d. He plays the weakest player on the court so he can focus on offense. When do the spurs play gs
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Sometimes the weakest player on the court are the 7" centers yet i never see him check back in to guard them

Why cant people just give him his props? Magic was a an alltime great player and just about the best in the game before Jordan and nobody was complaining about "He cant be the best because he dont defend"

And like i said before, yall almost willing to over look when Harden or Durant dont stay with nobody on d and they actually alot worse onball than Steph and people put them in the convo to be the best out....yall give them guys they props still, why Steph gotta get all these slights?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Sometimes the weakest player on the court are the 7" centers yet i never see him check back in to guard them

Why cant people just give him his props? Magic was a an alltime great player and just about the best in the game before Jordan and nobody was complaining about "He cant be the best because he dont defend"

And like i said before, yall almost willing to over look when Harden or Durant dont stay with nobody on d and they actually alot worse onball than Steph and people put them in the convo to be the best out....yall give them guys they props still, why Steph gotta get all these slights?

I said the same about Durant
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Because his D has vastly improved over the past 2, 3 seasons... leads the league in steals at 2.5 per game on top of being unstoppable offensively
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys are seriously underestimating Curry's impact leadership, and the ability to control a game versus just stats.
    As much as Westbrook is stuffing that stat box, what is OKC's record compared to GSW's?

That ? Curry getting his Jay-Z on...

49378908.jpg
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Lebron James
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    You guys are seriously underestimating Curry's impact leadership, and the ability to control a game versus just stats.
    As much as Westbrook is stuffing that stat box, what is OKC's record compared to GSW's?

That ? Curry getting his Jay-Z on...

49378908.jpg

Lmao
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Lebron James
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Because his D has vastly improved over the past 2, 3 seasons... leads the league in steals at 2.5 per game on top of being unstoppable offensively

He does not lead the league in steal jae crowder does and harden is avg more steals pg than jimmy butler that ? isn't that accurate of a stat to judge a defender by
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    I started shopping at express because of Steph Curry
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James

You dont hoop.

Tracking Pg scores head to head is meaningless bc thwse days PGs get their points off screens and in transition, not 'CLEAR OUT' and go head to head.

• S2J
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lebron James
    Some of yall ? talkin gibberish.

Dude is havin a season comparable to Jordan: 33ppg, 5ap, 5rpg, 15-0 and yall yalkin 'yea but russ go to the basket better...steph dont play defense'

? ...? individual defense. ? goin to the basket better. You play to win the game not to tally how muh neat stuff you can do

Thats like comparing Mike to Ray allen and sayin idk man, Ray is a better 3 pt shooter!

And as a PG there's 3% lockdown defenders (GP), 3% liabilities (Nash), than EVERYBODY else is basically in the middle. Just dont be a liability amd u good, its a negligible attribute
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    GSW PLAYOFF WAS A CAKE WALK.

The cavs matchup would have been a good test. It happened that they were injured to the point that 2 Starters were missing. Plus take Schumpert and his hurted shoulder that quite make 4.

Yet they didnt swept. They were on the verge if losing before DAVID LEE, NOT STEPH,NOT KLAY, DAVID LEE was detected by the coaching staff as the key.

Steph is a magnificient Player but he is not ROBOT BRON. Lebron will his path against odds and stats towards winning.

He has lost against full stacked MAVS and twice against the PHENOMENAL SPURS. No shame about that.

Curry IS NOT THE FINALS MVP. ? tend to forget this!!!.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    All I wish is HELATHY SPURS AGAINST GSW. If they prove victorious then GSW will get my respect.

For now on only bron and the HEAT has beaten them in the Finals.
  • S2J
    Options
    Lebron James

The cavs matchup would have been a good test. It happened that they were injured to the point that 2 Starters were missing. Plus take Schumpert and his hurted shoulder that quite make 4.

Yet they didnt swept. They were on the verge if losing before DAVID LEE, NOT STEPH,NOT KLAY, DAVID LEE was detected by the coaching staff as the key.

Steph is a magnificient Player but he is not ROBOT BRON. Lebron will his path against odds and stats towards winning.

He has lost against full stacked MAVS and twice against the PHENOMENAL SPURS. No shame about that.

I wanna say them going 15-0 is killing that silly argument

Steph wasnt MVP bc Cavs did a great job of taking him out the equation, but it made a clear lane for Iggy to be wide open

I BET MONEY i will be reposting this:

The only way GS loses is if Iggy and Draymond miss the open 3s. Period. No one is 'shutting down' Steph.

You gotta play Steph like Cavs did and switch everything and meet him all the way out, even if its a big on him, just crowd the 3. Then hope Iggy and Draymond miss. Watch
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lebron James
    All I wish is HELATHY SPURS AGAINST GSW. If they prove victorious then GSW will get my respect.

For now on only bron and the HEAT has beaten them in the Finals.

Lol your first statement makes no sense with your 2nd. Cause if the Warriors beat the Spurs in the playoffs, the 2nd thing still remains true. The Spurs have been eliminated plenty of times in the playoffs.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ya'll gonna let this slide?

the 2011 Mavs was FULLY Stacked????

that might need to get copied and pasted to that other thread smh
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook > Curry
  • S2J
    Options
    Lebron James
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    Westbrook > Curry

Pointless to keep arguing it bc time will likely decide

Similar to how many folk was on that KG>Duncan

2, 3, 4, 5 titles later thats not a debate no matter what u think

I FEEL like thats how things will end up
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry

Bruh I could tear your post apart just from that "sillest things said in the cheap seats" nominee about the Mavs alone!!!!

But since DaBull already on it, ima actually not go there and you get to be put on time out in the corner to go think about how stupid that sounded when you posted that.

What i do wanna address is your sentiment that Golden State had an easy road. Listen man, you cant go taking props away from teams just because who they played had some injuries its not The Warriors fault, i mean they just played who was put before them! And even with those injuries to those other teams the majority of the time the Warriors were still underdogs to win those series because people bought into the Charles Barkley ? of Jumpshot teams cant win a chip. And injuries happen man....Thats like me goin back in time when the Lakers played the pistons in the finals back in the 80's when Magic pulls his hsmstring in game 1 and the pistons go on to win because Worthy had to do everything and got overwhelmed, thats like me sayin " ahh man the pistons got lucky yada yada yada" nawl they still had to go snatch it from defending champions. Nobody put an asterik on they finals victory because they won it again next year by looking invincible like GS do now. I have a problem with this whole "they got lucky" ? especially because Golden State still had to go thru a stacked Western Conference so if you gonna indict them for that then dont get me started on Lebron. Must be nice having to go thru the bobcats, Bulls with no D Ross cuz hes never heathy, and ? bucks or wizards before even wall and Beal to get to ECF every year. Weak ass east....? its like he has a bye each year before the EFC opponent come whos usually some pretender. They just went 7 games against some other poot butts in some second round semi finals. You cant talk about easy roads and luck getting to finals without bringing up Bron first.