What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Anybody Else Notice N.O.'s influence on the Bay Area?

2»

Replies

• StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Black folks in Cali have roots in Texas and louisiana

When I lived in LA I was amazed how much of their family are originally from Louisiana.

when black folks moved out the south, they mostly traveled by train line leading to many in the West being of Texas/Lousiana stock, Midwest-->everywhere but mostly Mississippi Delta and the Southeast as well as TN, AR etc., and the East Coast-->GA, NC, SC, VA

now with people moving back south you see a lot of people going back to where their grandparents and greatparents came from (LA and Chicago folks moving to Houston, NY/NJers moving to Atlanta and NC etc.)

Family_migration_routes_2.jpg
    image03a.png

Also one of the reasons why IMO Midwest cats sound like southerners because of the hypersegregation in MIdwest cities, yall never lost your country accents

I'm straight outta LA and we naturally vibe with N.O and Texas cats due to a lot of the OGs originally coming from there. Also we vibe with niccas from jersey too. Idk how or why but we have this funny connection with them in LA

OGs in LA started gangs in Jersey, unlike in NYC where they just adopted bloods and crips

thats why theres a Grape Street Crips in Newark

musically, we share a history of mixing funk and rap and we actually drive unlike NYers lol

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

_God_Tsotsi Cape Town
    Here's another good link....does this relate to yall families?

image00a.png
    Peep San Fran/Oakland

LvbxPzB.gif

full?d=1430459989

BenjaminE
  • $tayRichROLLIN$tayRichROLLIN Home away from homePosts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Black folks in Cali have roots in Texas and louisiana

When I lived in LA I was amazed how much of their family are originally from Louisiana.

when black folks moved out the south, they mostly traveled by train line leading to many in the West being of Texas/Lousiana stock, Midwest-->everywhere but mostly Mississippi Delta and the Southeast as well as TN, AR etc., and the East Coast-->GA, NC, SC, VA

now with people moving back south you see a lot of people going back to where their grandparents and greatparents came from (LA and Chicago folks moving to Houston, NY/NJers moving to Atlanta and NC etc.)

Family_migration_routes_2.jpg
    image03a.png

Also one of the reasons why IMO Midwest cats sound like southerners because of the hypersegregation in MIdwest cities, yall never lost your country accents

I'm straight outta LA and we naturally vibe with N.O and Texas cats due to a lot of the OGs originally coming from there. Also we vibe with niccas from jersey too. Idk how or why but we have this funny connection with them in LA

OGs in LA started gangs in Jersey, unlike in NYC where they just adopted bloods and crips

thats why theres a Grape Street Crips in Newark

musically, we share a history of mixing funk and rap and we actually drive unlike NYers lol

I'm fully aware of this
  • LincolnLincoln Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shout out to birdman
    lil b put respeck on his name

Thereal_bashtoopid
    welp i wasted five minutes typing that post

LvbxPzB.gif

full?d=1430459989

jee504BenjaminE
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn near every light skin chick in LA family is from Louisiana

I mean they was having Louisiana theme type parties

The creole is strong there.
    (Really though?)
  • Mr_Vicodin81GMr_Vicodin81G Eating pain pills for breakfast Walgreens Pharmacy Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bay and the South especially Texas has always fucked with each other on the music tip. Always thought it was dope how the Bay and and the South always been cool