TI’s NYC Show Ends in Shooting (TroyAve's Bodyguard killed,TroyAve Indicted on Shooting Charged )

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    So this ? does a freestyle saying he took the gun and shot at somebody, then says he's innocent for shooting at somebody? His lawyer must hate him

This story was the prevailing story of what was speculated.

It's the wording and tone of it. It doesn't come across as some "I was fearing for my life" like some were trying to say earlier. It's too braggadocious for the moment. You just got locked up and you release freestyles making it seem like you're bragging about the very ? you were just locked up for, and you expect to finish it with "I'm innocent". Part of selling self defense is garnering sympathy from potential jurors...this does the exact opposite.

He could've done the opposite and y'all would still find something to nitpick.

No if he would've kept his mouth shut I would've actually said it's the 1st smart move he's made since this happened. instead he just keeps trying to play the keep it real game and show people how tough he is while digging a bigger hole for himself and his lawyer...and yes the way Troy Ave talks about this case matters. It's all in how the story is spun to the jury and if Troy is going for the self defense/I was scared for my life angle then talking about it as if you went into super gangster mode and weren't fearing anything is going to hurt him

Thank ? you're not going to be one of the jurors. Thats all.

Thank ? you're not an attorney with the things you apparently think it's not a big deal for a person on trial to be doing

Try again. I never implied it wasn't a big deal. I said that focusing on HOW he said something rather than the facts is dangerous and if that's your thinking then I'm glad you're not a juror.

When people testify in court you don't think how they tell what happens affects the jury and how they perceive the events in question? You're being naive as ? if you think it doesn't. How somebody says something matters alot and can change how the facts in question are viewed.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    So this ? does a freestyle saying he took the gun and shot at somebody, then says he's innocent for shooting at somebody? His lawyer must hate him

It's the wording and tone of it. It doesn't come across as some "I was fearing for my life" like some were trying to say earlier. It's too braggadocious for the moment. You just got locked up and you release freestyles making it seem like you're bragging about the very ? you were just locked up for, and you expect to finish it with "I'm innocent". Part of selling self defense is garnering sympathy from potential jurors...this does the exact opposite.

No if he would've kept his mouth shut I would've actually said it's the 1st smart move he's made since this happened. instead he just keeps trying to play the keep it real game and show people how tough he is while digging a bigger hole for himself and his lawyer...and yes the way Troy Ave talks about this case matters. It's all in how the story is spun to the jury and if Troy is going for the self defense/I was scared for my life angle then talking about it as if you went into super gangster mode and weren't fearing anything is going to hurt him

Thank ? you're not an attorney with the things you apparently think it's not a big deal for a person on trial to be doing

Try again. I never implied it wasn't a big deal. I said that focusing on HOW he said something rather than the facts is dangerous and if that's your thinking then I'm glad you're not a juror.

When people testify in court you don't think how they tell what happens affects the jury and how they perceive the events in question? You're being naive as ? if you think it doesn't. How somebody says something matters alot and can change how the facts in question are viewed.

You said he sounded like he was "bragging" that's based on your opinion. At this point what he said is considered common knowledge now. Whether you thought he should've sounded remorseful it doesn't matter. The facts are the facts and he didn't say anything that wasn't the facts. Jurors aren't asked to convict someone based on how they say something but on the facts. I guess I must've thought wrong..
  • blackrain
    Options

You said he sounded like he was "bragging" that's based on your opinion. At this point what he said is considered common knowledge now. Whether you thought he should've sounded remorseful it doesn't matter. The facts are the facts and he didn't say anything that wasn't the facts. Jurors aren't asked to convict someone based on how they say something but on the facts. I guess I must've thought wrong..

Yeah you clearly are ignorant to the nuances of what causes people to think someone is guilty or innocent
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to be pro troy ave.....but the ? is super dumb.
  • WiseKing
    WiseKing Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options

what world do you live in, man? if you are on trial for murder and you say "sadly, i felt threatened and i because i was so scared, i pulled out a gun and shot the guy...i feel so horrible for my actions, please have mercy on me" you dont think that plays better than "yeah i shot that ? ass ? when he got in my face."

you think a jury doesn't focus on what was said but just the end result that someone died? come on, bruh. all of the trial is you trying to paint a story to garner the most sympathy from the jury/judge. if you going around sounding cocky, people don't like that ? . regardless of the facts. this is basic human knowledge, and i know you understand this.
    and even the fact that we on this site are telling you how the song influenced us to think he bragging, you think the jury don't do that? why you think these all american white boys get off of ? , like the stanford ? , whereas the black guy with the same facts gets thrown in jail for 20 years. they just look at the facts right?

come on bruh, stop living in fairy tale land.

Again you on the Internet can have that opinion. When you're a juror you should convict/not convict based on facts. Not based on how someone said something. If he says that ? ass ? tried to shoot me so I had to bust back. You the juror cannot convict someone based on emotional nonsense like he sounds cocky. In that case you have no business being on the jury. You're a lawyer but you're really playing dumb to prove your point right now. And using the Stamford case as an example will open up a whole other fan of worms. But here's a hint one got off based on a certain privilege....
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I completely believe what Troy Ave is saying happened

That still doesn't clear up why he decided to fire the gun in a crowded area outside of where he was shot in the first place

Plus wasn't he the original instigator of everything that happened that night anyway?

I don't think he's arguing whether or not he shot at somebody, his defense will be based around what happened leading up to him shooting..

If he can get the judge/jury to see that the circumstances called for him to shoot inside the club then it's a strong possibility that he can be found innocent..

Basically,
    if he has a good enough excuse for shooting inside the club, they may have leniency on him..

This ? came into the room, looked around to see who was there, and then shot. What part of that is going to give life to a good reasoning to shoot? It's already been deemed it's stupid to say he was still in fear at that point because once he walks into that room and stops to look around he's no longer in self defense mode. He went looking for someone, whoever it was, to shoot at that point and the fact that it was done in a crowd full of people is going to be his ultimate downfall.

Right. That ? had time to run to the bodega and grab some Dutches.....drive to Jersey and cop some Timberlands, hunt a subway rat then come back to shoot into a crowd.....A CROWD full of people...lol. That video is more "let me get these ? back" than "self defense" or "fearing for my life".

Okay I get what you saying. Now put the funny ? to the side.

Say that's the only exit.
    Say he did disarm the ? that shot him and his man. Say tax and his people get up out spot first. Mind you it's the only exit. You in Troy and his people shoes. You in a dead end, ? just clapped you and your man is dying. The assailants flee before you. Again you in a dead end

Who's to say them ? wouldn't have came back and finished Troy and the rest of his people's?

What you gone do sit there and wait? Or make sure you get out of there alive?

Again ? just clapped you and killed your man. You in a dead end. You gotta use the same exit these ? used 45 seconds before you. You got the hammer.

You coming out with the gun in your waist,in the small of your back, tucking it in your shoe? Or you coming out on point ready to fire?

A lot of you ? talk with your sidebar comments, cause you never been through no ? like that in your life. So its a lot easier for you to access ? from the outside looking in.

I'm not saying Troy right I'm not saying he wrong. But self preservation is the 1 rule of survival. If that's what he felt was necessary to survive. More power to him.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what world do you live in, man? if you are on trial for murder and you say "sadly, i felt threatened and i because i was so scared, i pulled out a gun and shot the guy...i feel so horrible for my actions, please have mercy on me" you dont think that plays better than "yeah i shot that ? ass ? when he got in my face."

you think a jury doesn't focus on what was said but just the end result that someone died? come on, bruh. all of the trial is you trying to paint a story to garner the most sympathy from the jury/judge. if you going around sounding cocky, people don't like that ? . regardless of the facts. this is basic human knowledge, and i know you understand this.
    and even the fact that we on this site are telling you how the song influenced us to think he bragging, you think the jury don't do that? why you think these all american white boys get off of ? , like the stanford ? , whereas the black guy with the same facts gets thrown in jail for 20 years. they just look at the facts right?

Again you on the Internet can have that opinion. When you're a juror you should convict/not convict based on facts. Not based on how someone said something. If he says that ? ass ? tried to shoot me so I had to bust back. You the juror cannot convict someone based on emotional nonsense like he sounds cocky. In that case you have no business being on the jury. You're a lawyer but you're really playing dumb to prove your point right now. And using the Stamford case as an example will open up a whole other fan of worms. But here's a hint one got off based on a certain privilege....

Bruh stop
  • 5th Letter
    Options

i'm going to stop going back and forth with you. you think im "playing dumb" while you are out here ignoring common sense. if you think people don't bring in their biases and stereotypes into the courtroom then you need to open your eyes. If you think they don't factor in arrogance and cockiness into the equation, then i don't know what else to tell you.

the second troy ave goes on the stand, if he does, then he is going to say how sorry and remorseful he is. then the prosecution is going to cross examine him and say, "oh you say youre remorseful? what about exhibit A" and the lawyer is going to try to admit into evidence this very line with Troy saying "? ? TRIED TO ASSASSINATE ME BUT I TURNED THE TABLES ON HIM CAUSE IM A G" less than a week after he was in jail and they are going to ask him to explain it. This is not a prediction of mine, this is a fact. if troy takes the stand, this will be brought up. i 100% guarantee it.

and if you think this will have no effect, then again, i don't know what else to tell you. Instead of insisting that i'm playing dumb, why don't you shut the ? up and listen to what everyone with any sense on this thread is saying. YOU DONT GO PLAYING COCKY WHEN YOU CHARGED WITH MURDER AND YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE.

anything you have to say that goes against that is beyond stupid and im done debating this with you.

All I need is a yes or no answer. If a juror says he/she is giving Troy a harsher sentence based on them feeling he's too arrogant or cocky, do the judge remove that juror? Yes or No?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'm going to stop going back and forth with you. you think im "playing dumb" while you are out here ignoring common sense. if you think people don't bring in their biases and stereotypes into the courtroom then you need to open your eyes. If you think they don't factor in arrogance and cockiness into the equation, then i don't know what else to tell you.

the second troy ave goes on the stand, if he does, then he is going to say how sorry and remorseful he is. then the prosecution is going to cross examine him and say, "oh you say youre remorseful? what about exhibit A" and the lawyer is going to try to admit into evidence this very line with Troy saying "? ? TRIED TO ASSASSINATE ME BUT I TURNED THE TABLES ON HIM CAUSE IM A G" less than a week after he was in jail and they are going to ask him to explain it. This is not a prediction of mine, this is a fact. if troy takes the stand, this will be brought up. i 100% guarantee it.

and if you think this will have no effect, then again, i don't know what else to tell you. Instead of insisting that i'm playing dumb, why don't you shut the ? up and listen to what everyone with any sense on this thread is saying. YOU DONT GO PLAYING COCKY WHEN YOU CHARGED WITH MURDER AND YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE.

anything you have to say that goes against that is beyond stupid and im done debating this with you.

All I need is a yes or no answer. If a juror says he/she is giving Troy a harsher sentence based on them feeling he's too arrogant or cocky, do the judge remove that juror? Yes or No?

A juror can't and will not be asked that question.
  • blackrain
    Options

That still doesn't clear up why he decided to fire the gun in a crowded area outside of where he was shot in the first place

Plus wasn't he the original instigator of everything that happened that night anyway?

I don't think he's arguing whether or not he shot at somebody, his defense will be based around what happened leading up to him shooting..

If he can get the judge/jury to see that the circumstances called for him to shoot inside the club then it's a strong possibility that he can be found innocent..

Basically,
    if he has a good enough excuse for shooting inside the club, they may have leniency on him..

This ? came into the room, looked around to see who was there, and then shot. What part of that is going to give life to a good reasoning to shoot? It's already been deemed it's stupid to say he was still in fear at that point because once he walks into that room and stops to look around he's no longer in self defense mode. He went looking for someone, whoever it was, to shoot at that point and the fact that it was done in a crowd full of people is going to be his ultimate downfall.

Right. That ? had time to run to the bodega and grab some Dutches.....drive to Jersey and cop some Timberlands, hunt a subway rat then come back to shoot into a crowd.....A CROWD full of people...lol. That video is more "let me get these ? back" than "self defense" or "fearing for my life".

Say he did disarm the ? that shot him and his man. Say tax and his people get up out spot first. Mind you it's the only exit. You in Troy and his people shoes. You in a dead end, ? just clapped you and your man is dying. The assailants flee before you. Again you in a dead end

Who's to say them ? wouldn't have came back and finished Troy and the rest of his people's?

Again ? just clapped you and killed your man. You in a dead end. You gotta use the same exit these ? used 45 seconds before you. You got the hammer.

You coming out with the gun in your waist,in the small of your back, tucking it in your shoe? Or you coming out on point ready to fire?

A lot of you ? talk with your sidebar comments, cause you never been through no ? like that in your life. So its a lot easier for you to access ? from the outside looking in.

I'm not saying Troy right I'm not saying he wrong. But self preservation is the 1 rule of survival. If that's what he felt was necessary to survive. More power to him.

That's alot of hypothetical things in there...and it still don't justify or give Troy a reasoning for shooting off into a crowd like he did as self defense. He could've made sure he got out alive w/o putting the lives of other people in danger like he did.
  • blackrain
    Options

A juror would never be asked that for one...and 2. Again unless you have no idea how testimony in a court of law works, any attorney will tell their client or whoever is testifying that taking a bragging stance on what you or who you're trying to defend is accused of will not play well in the eyes of the jury or judge if it's a judge trial. Perception is a huge part of whether someone gets off of a crime and the freestyle he dropped does not paint somebody as someone who was fearful but instead someone who is taking what happened and not only showing they're being cold about it but using it as a marketing tool to promote their career.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

A juror can't and will not be asked that question.

I didn't ask that. I said if a juror tells the judge the above, would the judge dismiss that juror, Yes or No.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

Basically,

That's alot of hypothetical things in there...and it still don't justify or give Troy a reasoning for shooting off into a crowd like he did as self defense. He could've made sure he got out alive w/o putting the lives of other people in danger like he did.

Were you there? How you know it didn't happen exactly like that? Smh. ? I tell you.

You never been in that situation. So who are you to say what he should of did. You got the same amount of information we all do. So what makes your theory more concrete than others?

? I tell you.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

A juror would never be asked that for one...and 2. Again unless you have no idea how testimony in a court of law works, any attorney will tell their client or whoever is testifying that taking a bragging stance on what you or who you're trying to defend is accused of will not play well in the eyes of the jury or judge if it's a judge trial. Perception is a huge part of whether someone gets off of a crime and the freestyle he dropped does not paint somebody as someone who was fearful but instead someone who is taking what happened and not only showing they're being cold about it but using it as a marketing tool to promote their career.

I said if the juror said this to the judge would they be dismissed. I didn't ask whether or not a judge would ask a juror. And Troy was not bragging. Again I'm grateful you won't be a juror during this trial.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of yall need to newd to take a law class
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [/quote]I said if the juror said this to the judge would they be dismissed. I didn't ask whether or not a judge would ask a juror. And Troy was not bragging. Again I'm grateful you won't be a juror during this trial. [/quote]

Why put any of the charges you facing in a song? Just let your lawyer do the explaining, Troy made the song like he beat the case and he home already. That's some ? you release after you get acquitted.

They already callling kids with 4 youtube views rappers on the news if it's anything remotely crime related. Troy a true mental midget.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I said if the juror said this to the judge would they be dismissed. I didn't ask whether or not a judge would ask a juror. And Troy was not bragging. Again I'm grateful you won't be a juror during this trial. [/quote]

Why put any of the charges you facing in a song? Just let your lawyer do the explaining, Troy made the song like he beat the case and he home already. That's some ? you release after you get acquitted.

They already callling kids with 4 youtube views rappers on the news if it's anything remotely crime related. Troy a true mental midget.
    [/quote]

I ? with Troy but speaking on it is stupid. No argument there..
  • blackrain
    edited June 2016
    Options

Basically,

Were you there? How you know it didn't happen exactly like that? Smh. ? I tell you.

You never been in that situation. So who are you to say what he should of did. You got the same amount of information we all do. So what makes your theory more concrete than others?

? I tell you.

You should never assume what situations a person you don't know has or hasn't been in before for one.. ..secondly....you weren't there either so why you putting so much more confidence into your myriad of what ifs and giving a full breakdown like you saw it all just to try and make Troy seem more sympathetic? It don't take a genius to see that shooting a gun into a crowd of people in a night club makes it hard to say you were fearful of your life when the video evidence available show you as the aggressor by that point.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? tryna defend Troy are going too far in their attempts. ? exposing their intellectual deficiencies.

Simple common sense goes a long damn way. I don't know why anyone would go out of their way to defend a ? that clearly ? up and put innocent victims' lives on the line.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Basically,

As dumb as these ? are they know this already they just were itching to go back in hate troy mode since its been awhile

I don't hate Troy at all, I used to bump the hell outta this

https://youtu.be/pLl7yqeoM0U

He tends to put his foot in his mouth at times imo but I'm from Brooklyn so his NY-ness was always something I could identify with

His idol 50 cent is a ? ? supreme tho
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

Basically,

? I tell you.

You should never assume what situations a person you don't know has or hasn't been in before for one.. ..secondly....you weren't there either so why you putting so much more confidence into your myriad of what ifs and giving a full breakdown like you saw it all just to try and make Troy seem more sympathetic? It don't take a genius to see that shooting a gun into a crowd of people in a night club makes it hard to say you were fearful of your life when the video evidence available show you as the aggressor by that point.

You're telling someone not to do the same thing you're doing. You're telling people he should have done this or that but not the other. C'mon fam. I'm no Troy ave fan and I'm damn sure not defending him but if he felt "not what you feel" that was necessary at the time. Who are you to judge?

You speaking in absolutes but that's really just your opinion. Like you,I gave a hypothetical scenario and you dismissed it outright. But what makes your scenario more credible then mine? Because you said so?

Whether he guilty or not makes me no never mind honestly. If that's what he felt"not what you feel" he needed to do to survive that night. Who are you to convict and condemn him?

This ain't about what you would have done. It's about what that man felt he had to do.