Miami Police Shoot Caretaker of Autistic Man...Caught On Video

Options

Comments

• Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? right here. Wow

I don't think he thought this through before he gave that statement to his chief.

Wow
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? right here. Wow

I don't think he thought this through before he gave that statement to his chief.

Wow

Maybe he did.. Because maybe he thinks "fear" excuse will absolve him of any kind of potential wrongdoing like it has for other pigs...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll wait for his driving record to come out before I give my take on what happened
  • stringer bell
    edited July 2016
    Options
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-police-miami-idUSKCN1012C5
    U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said on Thursday the Justice Department was gathering information about the incident, the latest in a series of controversial shootings of black men by police in the United States.

Oh man.. The "Justice" Department is gathering information.. Which means this story has gotten a lot of attention and they want to act like they care(but they really don't).. So they put out that statement to make gullible ass people think the "Justice" Dept. may do something but in reality they won't do ? ...
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The DOJ stopped giving a ? 15 bodies ago. Y'all sound like they're really going to do something.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.local10.com/news/attorney-of-man-shot-by-north-miami-police-says-city-wants-to-settle-issue-quickly
    Attorney of man shot by North Miami police says city wants to settle issue quickly

NORTH MIAMI, Fla. - The attorney of a man who was shot by a North Miami police officer this week said the city wants to settle the issue with his client as soon as possible.

Hilton Napoleon II said he has not been able to speak to North Miami police, but has spoken with the city manager and city attorney.

"There has been a discussion of a potential settlement, (and) they want to resolve it relatively fast in good faith to let the community know that they take these things seriously, but I'm not at liberty to discuss the terms of the settlement or what we think a potential settlement will be at this point," Napoleon said.

Meanwhile, the officer involved in the shooting released a statement Thursday afternoon saying, "I took this job to save lives and help people. I did what I had to do in a split second to accomplish that and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."

The officer has not been identified.

North Miami police held a news conference earlier in the day, where Police Chief Gary Eugene said the department has turned over the investigation to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

"I realize there are many questions about what happened Monday night," Eugene said. "You have questions, the community has questions, we as a city, and as a member of this police department, I also have questions. I assure you, we will get all the answers."

Kinsey's attorney said two or three shots were fired, with one of the bullets hitting Kinsey in the leg. The witness said the officer fired from more than 100 feet away with a rifle.

"He asked the officer, 'Why did you shoot me?' And the officer said, 'I don't know.' My client also overheard another officer ask the shooting officer, 'Why did you shoot this guy?' And the officer who fired the shot said, 'I don't know,'" Napoleon said.

Miami-Dade Police Benevolent Association president John Rivera said the officer was trying to protect Kinsey, but accidentally shot him.

"The one officer discharged his firearm trying to strike the individual that they thought was trying to bring harm onto Mr. Kinsey. This is not a case of police brutality," Rivera said. "This is not one of those cases where it's a rogue cop. This is not a case other than an officer who was trying to save the life of Mr. Kinsey and feels horrible that his aim missed and struck Mr. Kinsey."

However, the man who took the cellphone video claims the officer was looking through a scope when he fired his weapon.

Kinsey's stepdaughter, Kookie Maffett, told Local 10 News that she was the first person Kinsey called after the shooting.

"He was like, 'They shot me, they shot me,' and I'm like, 'What?' He was just like, 'The police shot me.' And I just freaked out and I grabbed my sister and we went straight to the hospital," Maffett said. "I mean, if someone surrenders and they have their hands up, as long as they have their hands up, I mean that should let them know not to shoot him at all."

Days after the shooting, Kinsey has yet to hear why officers felt the need to shoot.

"That's a reckless act and I don't understand any justification for it," Napoleon said.

The executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida released a statement saying Kinsey could have easily been yet another unarmed man fatally shot by police.

"This is the latest in what seems like an endless litany of police shootings of individuals who should not have been shot. Philando Castile in Minnesota, Alton Sterling in Louisiana, Vernell Bing in Jacksonville: there are too many to name them all here," Howard Simon said. "Of the 598 people killed by U.S. police this year, 88 were unarmed. Mr. Kinsey or his patient could very easily have become number 89."

Eugene said he asked the FDLE to take over the investigation on Wednesday.

"The State Attorney's Office is also looking at the case. Bringing in an outside agency shows our commitment to transparency and objectivity in a very sensitive matter," he said.

Eugene said the police department will conduct an internal investigation once the FDLE and Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office conclude their investigations.

"Investigators are gathering all evidence related to this incident," Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said in a statement. "As is our procedure, once FDLE completes its investigation, they will provide us with their factual findings and conclusions.

"At that time, we will conduct our own investigation and review all of the evidence to determine whether the actions of the shooting officer constitute a criminal act that can be proven beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt. We will release detailed information about all of the evidence once our investigation is complete."
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Cop thought the toy truck was a gun lol
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even tho he aint die, this is 1 of the most ? up police videos I've ever seen. cops are nothing but demons in uniforms
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manye cops are da biggest cowards on da streets. Deez ? mistake sandwiches, phones, wallets, burritos, sodas, pretty much anything in a ? hands is a gun.

? gonna have to start walking around wit no hands.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did he handcuff him and roll him over after he accidentally shot him?
  • Copper
    Options

"I meant to shoot the ? , not the ? "

what made them think this explanation would work?

Bc no explanation has been is insufficient thus far yet
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    "We were trying to protect Mr Kinsey from the autistic kid" is that the best they can come up with?
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels like the Twilight Zone.....
  • Copper
    Options
    He lunged at the officer and tried to grab the gun with his feet would've been a better excuse.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Bruh. WTF??? What the ? kinda of accent is that? Cajun? Caribbean? Stroke?
    MR.CJ wrote: »

...and WHO IS THIS?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is crazy.... this could a been me many a day. They really gonna try and explain away shooting a crisis intervention therapist then say oh we really was trying to shoot the autistic man playing with a truck. The ? country we live in .... where shooting rain man is a after thought Smh