Betrayal:We Were Never Friends. We Just Grew Up Together.Hidden Racism

Options

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Who brings chitlins to work, though? If that ain't the most country ? ever lol.

Ob said that as if black folks enjoy the smell of chitlins. Lol
    Yeah, when I'm sick and can't hardly smell ? . She likes how ass smells and tastes lol.

• So ILL
    Options
    But I bet she's sadity with her chitlins, though. Brings it to work in a nice tupperware container instead of wrapping it up in a bowl lol.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But I bet she's sadity with her chitlins, though. Brings it to work in a nice tupperware container instead of wrapping it up in a bowl lol.

Crazy thing is she seems like a kale salad, beet root juice kinda girl, that only eats slave food at holiday gatherings and after church.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »

Crazy thing is she seems like a kale salad, beet root juice kinda girl, that only eats slave food at holiday gatherings and after church.

@Mseries_ most of the time I am. It's a seasonal thing. I only have chitlins 2-3 times a year. You're right though. I throw kale in my smoothies all the time
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never touched a chitlin in my life and I was raised in the deep south. My sister used to eat them ? all the time until she was about 17 and learned what they were.

My mom still ? with them every now and then.
  • So ILL
    Options
    I don't know you ? eat that ? , I'll pass on the slave food.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's good
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We had ? haole day growing up...
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    note to self: never hire OB to do anything
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

@zzombie what does chitlins have to do with my work ethic?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

@zzombie what does chitlins have to do with my work ethic?

um...the microscopic worms & maggots slowly eating at your brain causing subtle
    cognitive dysfunction effecting logic,reasoning and sound decision capability?

huh.gif

edit.
    here ya go....

CHITLINS4.gif
  • So ILL
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

It's good
    Some of it, but definitely not no ? SHITLINS. I wish I would boil some and have the house smelling like seasoned ass smh.

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

It's good
    Some of it, but definitely not no ? SHITLINS. I wish I would boil some and have the house smelling like seasoned ass smh.

Yo I don't care if yall don't like chitlin. I do and my mom knows how to cook them
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I had fake friendships in college with white people. I don't even have the energy for that anymore. The forced conversations, not being able to completely be myself, always feeling like I'm wearing a mask, etc. I would have to go from using the word "? " about 15 times a day to 2 when I'm around a white friend. I'm just not comfortable.

It's such an illustration of the extra work you have to do as a minority to resonate with the greater public. Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.

This cool and all, but you ain't ? up the smell in the break room just to prove a point to whitey lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    As for the thread topic though, I read the article a few days ago and dude just came off as naive. I got 1 white homeboy I've been cool with since college and have actually seen him outright challenge other white people for saying racist/offensive ? even when he didn't know there were black folks around. I'm not saying that to say "he's different" i'm just saying that to say how you act when you think nobody's watching is more a testament to who you really are vs just doing the ? because me and the rest of the crew happen to be around. With that said though we have had serious discussions about race, race relations, and the history of race in this world and he knows very well that regardless of us being friends for damn near a decade now at the end of the day me being black there's certain ? I'm always going to be weary of and one of them is the expectation that he will at some point say some ? that will make me look at him and say "You know you done ? up right"...
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life ends at high school.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In other breaking news the nations top scientists have just discovered that water is wet.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I had fake friendships in college with white people. I don't even have the energy for that anymore. The forced conversations, not being able to completely be myself, always feeling like I'm wearing a mask, etc. I would have to go from using the word "? " about 15 times a day to 2 when I'm around a white friend. I'm just not comfortable.

It's such an illustration of the extra work you have to do as a minority to resonate with the greater public. Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.

You deserve a whoopin

My people from the south. This what we eat.

Born and raised in the south and I dont ? with pig guts. Matter of fact I dont ? with pig anything. Don't try to blame your slave based diet on us.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What people don't understand is that even racist whites can befriend blacks. They don't stop disliking blacks. They just choose to see the blacks they like as something different. Even Klansmen can name blacks they like. They just don't see those as "normal" blacks.

Do the Right Thing comes to mind in the pizza parlor
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Talked about this recently in another thread, but people really need to stop throwing that 'friend' word around and REALLY understand that everything ain't what it seems. Growing up with a ? and knowing a ? for a long time don't make you friends.

Hit the nail on the head.