The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But whoever the next nominee of Democratic Party is.. They better have a ? personality and the ability to sell themselves.. No more John Kerry or Hillary Clinton types...

This right here.

Clinton had that peoples champion charisma.
    Bush W had the Cowboy swag.
    Obama had the juice.
    plus all the 3 mentioned have accents .... seems to count for something when choosing a president.

Hillary was just a pleasant lady robot in a pant suit.
    Trump is that slimey dude that can find his way into a club that the bouncer stop letting people into.

Dems need someone with personality like Al Franken or Van Jones ( I'd vote for Van instantly ).
    Warren is qualified but I'm not convinced.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But whoever the next nominee of Democratic Party is.. They better have a ? personality and the ability to sell themselves.. No more John Kerry or Hillary Clinton types...

This right here.

Obama had the juice.
    plus all the 3 mentioned have accents .... seems to count for something when choosing a president.

Trump is that slimey dude that can find his way into a club that the bouncer stop letting people into.

Dems need someone with personality like Al Franken or Van Jones ( I'd vote for Van instantly ).

Al Franken was funny back in the day he's real corny now.. And doesn't have that 'cult of personality' type of aura about him.. I like Van Jones but he's way to nice of a guy.. He was making some great points when he was speaking out about the whole "white-lash" thing.. But this ? in beginning like always was going on about the damn kids.. To me he comes off as Mr. Rogers type of ? .. So one like that IMO is not tough enough for the task that needs to be done...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This right here.

Obama had the juice.

Warren is smart but too soft spoken,Democrats need a man like Joe Biden who is tough Democratic who can get aggressive and call Republicans on their ? .The days of Democrats playing nice is over.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    So I guess y'all preferred the status quo? Trump's presidency in the long term will be good for black people. Y'all watch this play out. I don't know about y'all but what has the status quo done for black people in the US? I'm ready for a real change and if it means 4-8 years of potentially a disastrous guy like Trump in office to get us to where we need to be then good.

:(

giphy.gif

The holocaust was terrible for Jews but in the long run how did that affect Jews? Exactly. Not saying we're heading to a holocaust but the point is sometimes we need to hit rock bottom before we rise up better than before.

the-wire-o.gif
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Lord Ether wrote: »

Trump looked shook the 1st couple mins there.

Because he has learned the secrets of being President ,secret intelligent information on spies in other countries ,Isis control all over the world,Financial markets everything. This is the most humble look we probably have ever seen on Trump’s face."? JUST GOT REAL"
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meanwhile at the Trump protest
    dg2gbnd4i5cq.png
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elizabeth Warren speaking that real on MSNBC
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I always laugh when I hear regular folks talk ? about federal business regulations. real beef should be with local and state government. ? is overrun with forms and fees.
    There's even paper work in being a barber in some states - that the federal gov fault?
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

Any person that honestly believe having someone like Trump as President will somehow miraculously unify the black community are delusional naive damn fools

And thing is Tariq knows this!
    He knows it "sounds good" to say and there are black people who will unquestionably beleive it
    All having an open white supremacist as President will do is "unify" THEIR money with HIS bank account...lol

This..................
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump just tweeted that the protesters were hired professionals!
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    smh. I jus gotta say, seeing Obama hafta invite trump to the white house is truly a sad site to see. smh. ? America. 20 steps forward with Obama and a thousand back with trump.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Yo!
    That passion is a little too late but...still
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Warren should've ran this time...woman, populist message, charismatic...

If trump is really vulnerable in 4 years then people are going to want an "established" candidate...
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If not for the fact she was Canadian, the previous governor of Michigan -- Jennifer Granholm. She was actually an rising star int he Democratic party and even moderate GOP voters in Michigan like her as well. The only thing stopping her from running was basically she was born in Canada ..that's it.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warren should've ran this time...woman, populist message, charismatic...

If trump is really vulnerable in 4 years then people are going to want an "established" candidate...

this year was good for her tho got her name out there and went at trump just as bad as he went at hilary
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    A woman will not be running as the presidential candidate for the Democratic party. They have learned their lesson, which is that the white males (and females) within their base will not support a woman. It's as simple as that.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    A woman will not be running as the presidential candidate for the Democratic party. They have learned their lesson, which is that the white males (and females) within their base will not support a woman. It's as simple as that.

I was coming to say this.. some men will not vote for a woman period..
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I'm about a good 3 miles away from the Nellis Air Force Base. People around here said jets and stealth bombers been taking off more than usual today.....

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

That ain't true. It wasn't about the candidate being a woman. It was about the candidate being Hillary.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mexico ? ? because the wall is coming
    Repubs control all 3 branches house,senate,executive
    ? Hillary and her loser ass ? and her ? incompetent understanding of computer security
    ? Huma and ?
    Donna Brazille ol sneak a ? the questions asss muthafucka
    DNC needs to be gutted and rebuilt with people 18-40 no old ass muthafuckas
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert DeNiro about to get audited every year Trump is in office
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭