The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    James Johnson is my favorite Heat player this season lol. How weird
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like a game finally broke out in Philly. They only down 9 after being down 19 early in the 4th.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    the ? is going on

no defense thats what smfh close this ? game out already
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Nance Dunkaroos
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    jazz are lit right now, blowing out okc lol

hood balling
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That finger roll was clean as a mfer!
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luckily the wizards and nets won
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to see us handle our business and get the blowout at home for the 8th straight dub....still feel like we're going to drop one to either New Orleans or Minnesota but hopefully we can keep the streak going and look for 11 in a row when San Antonio comes into town on Tuesday
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to see us handle our business and get the blowout at home for the 8th straight dub....still feel like we're going to drop one to either New Orleans or Minnesota but hopefully we can keep the streak going and look for 11 in a row when San Antonio comes into town on Tuesday

Pitbull gif?
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol we finally beat the Lakers. Can't remember the last time we beat them
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Pitbull gif?

Soon.....
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess In the 90's the league was so called better cuz ? clotheslined ? they couldn't stop

You joking but I bet yo ass was glued to sports centre after malice in the palace (yes ? I know that wasn't the 90s). I remember those knicks vs heat games, I remember Chris childs, I remember when peeler pieced up kg, I remember when Shawn Bradley used to get punched weekly just for being big and white, I remember christie and rick fox having light skin meltdowns running round the building, i remember when oakley slapped the fire out jeff mcginnis for taking his ? at the club the night before, when he slapped tyrone hill for owing him money.

Im not saying I think it was better, but from time to time I wanna see these ? box if that's how they feeling.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
  • blackrain
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    lol I hate when people say the NBA was much better in the 90s. Based on what? Nostalgia? FOH

Because that's when Jordan was at his prime so to many anything involving Jordan can never be touched. If AI is like some of these ? fathers, then Jordan is ? to these nostalgic ass MJ never missed a shot and won 6 titles on his own ?
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    I hate to say this because it isn't many black coaches in the league. The thing holding Toronto back isn't the players they have on the roster. Dwayne Casey isn't that good of a coach. I mean he isn't awful but he isn't good also. Lol.

If Toronto had a better coach they could beat Cleveland in a playoff series this season. They are considerably deeper than Cleveland and could actually cause a few match up issues if he was smart enough to exploit Cleveland's short comings.

I always thought Casey deserved some coach of the year recognition, why exactly do you think he's holding them back?

Casey is horrible with his player rotations I.e. He will pull hot players for no reason, the teams offense is atrocious (granted they are ranked as the best this season so far) to watch due to all the damn isolation plays ran by their back court and the guy has and still does totally not play solid players for no reason at all.

Here's the thing while all that was happening the Raptors were busy winning so maybe he actually knows what he's doing, although you might disagree with his coaching style there's a reason the Raptors finished one game back of Cleveland last year and 8 games ahead of the next best team and you can argue the talent was on the same level as every other team 3-6 in the east after losing veterans like Amir and Lou in the offseason and their big FA signing Demarr Carroll hardly playing at all and making zero impact, Terrence Ross is considered an underachiever, Valaciunas is slowly progressing (you can blame him for that but his decision making was obviously best for the team), Derozan was constantly complained about for his dumb shot selection and they didn't even want him back the only time you hear about Lowry is when he flops, so explain to me....who deserved the credit for a pretty successful season last year?

? keep sneakin and dissin put me in a ? up position...

You ain't slick b.
  • blackrain
    edited December 2016
    Options
    mrtdb wrote: »
    lol I hate when people say the NBA was much better in the 90s. Based on what? Nostalgia? FOH

The point about the zone defense was actually pretty legit.
    And I agree that the league is softer in terms of calls...but it definitely isn't weaker.

Players been complaining about hard fouls for decades. This narrative that in the past players just took it and kept it rolling is a myth. Remember Jordan talking about how happy he was the Bad Boys Pistons era ended because he thought they played ? ? Imagine a player saying that now. ? killed LeBron for even hinting that he got hit in the nuts. ? flopped in the 90's like crazy, shout to Reggie Miller, that would make these new ? look like amateurs. All the ? people complain about now has always been part of basketball. ? say the competition is weaker like the Lakers didn't walk through the 80's Western Conference w/o being challenged all but 2-3 years
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Hubie stay ? on Horford lol.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Lol we finally beat the Lakers. Can't remember the last time we beat them

They've had our number recently.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    mrtdb wrote: »

The point about the zone defense was actually pretty legit.
    And I agree that the league is softer in terms of calls...but it definitely isn't weaker.

Players been complaining about hard fouls for decades. This narrative that in the past players just took it and kept it rolling is a myth. Remember Jordan talking about how happy he was the Bad Boys Pistons era ended because he thought they played ? ? Imagine a player saying that now. ? killed LeBron for even hinting that he got hit in the nuts. ? flopped in the 90's like crazy, shout to Reggie Miller, that would make these new ? look like amateurs. All the ? people complain about now has always been part of basketball. ? say the competition is weaker like the Lakers didn't walk through the 80's Western Conference w/o being challenged all but 2-3 years

Facts
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kawhi and a throwback Tony parker performance is ? us up