The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Celtics might be back
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall favorite nba team not 2-0 with both games being on the road?!?!?!

that ? crazy
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Rondo was ballin too

? that make him play anyways
  • ckfree
    Options
    seen rondo play the heat in 2011 with his whole elbow folded up like a paper airplane

TAPE THAT GOTDAMN THUMB
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Shame that I said the Raptors/Bucks series was one of my favorite ones to watch and that I was looking forward to the game. Came home around halftime, saw the score, and didnt even turn the game on for a second.

And @beta, i like Derozan, but I dont think Derozan is that dude where you blow up the team around him, but keep him and rebuild with him. Derozan is an elite player to me, but he needs to be somewhere where he can be the #1 option offensively, but not necessarily have it be his team. He dont got those intangibles to me. Thats why if the raptors do blow it up, I think they should blow it up all the way. Unless they can let go of lowry and attract all star right away to fill his spot thats not gonna get the playoffs jitters EVERY ? year. But none of the upcoming free agents move the needle enough imo.

@Toronto fans, let me know if yall disagree. Im not saying they should definetly blow it up, im saying if they do blow it up, they should blow it all the way up.

On a side note, Melo would be a great fit next to Derozan. Make that happen Toronto. We'll take anything for Melo.

On another side note, i know that a lowry to the Knicks trade almost went down I think 3 seasons ago. Imagine if Lowry was actually playing in NY and pulling these disappearing acts. ? damn, the NY media would have ate him alive and made it much worse. Glad that aint happen for his sake.

Yeah i see what you're saying but clay does the heavy lifting as it is in Toronto if you been paying attention all season. The offense doesn't even have to be geared towards him necessarily but in the scenario, everybody is still there except lowry. Clay, ibaka in an increased role, Wright or Joseph getting ample time, and powell getting consistent mins every night sounds fine. While they can save the money from lowry.

Plus how you wanna blow it up but add melo?

Forget the add melo part. Haha. The sidenote was the Knicks fan in me.

Like I said, if you can replace lowry with an allstar and a good coach, it'll be a good look. But, if you let go of Lowry, replace him with role players and tell Derozan youre the man now and Ibaka is the 2nd option, and be a perennial 6-8 seed while hoping an allstar wants to come to the Raptors, you ? up in my opinion.

If you feel confident that you will get an allstar in free agency to run with Derozan, you keep him. But, if you saying keep Derozan and we can draft a player and develop him and he can eventually be the 2nd option, you ? up.

The raptors kinda put themselves on the map the last few imo, so, I can see a free agent going there, but idk if I can bank on that if im toronto.

Ain't nobody going to no ? obscure ass Toronto as a big name free Agent lol but I got lazy now so idc no mo. You got it I'll just agree with you

yea imma need you to ? ..

acting like we live in a wasteland toronto is one of the best cities in the world ?
    and this real funny coming from a guy who lives in stank ass new jersey i been there before and it SUCKS
    i mean yall cool for some NBA players like KAT etc coming outta there but its still ? NJ tho

the biggest thing bad that i can think of right now is that we get taxed hard compared to other cities and the winter time sucks compared to the other places but i mean other cities get snow just like us also.. if ppl can deal with CLE (helps that brons there now) then anything is possible

dont you ever ? on toronto as a city the raptors as a team okay but not my city
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ckfree killing me. Completely different tone in the last 2 posts than the few before
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curious to see if the head detective can pull the C's to a victory or if horford and crowder gonna stink it up still
  • Beta
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Shame that I said the Raptors/Bucks series was one of my favorite ones to watch and that I was looking forward to the game. Came home around halftime, saw the score, and didnt even turn the game on for a second.

And @beta, i like Derozan, but I dont think Derozan is that dude where you blow up the team around him, but keep him and rebuild with him. Derozan is an elite player to me, but he needs to be somewhere where he can be the #1 option offensively, but not necessarily have it be his team. He dont got those intangibles to me. Thats why if the raptors do blow it up, I think they should blow it up all the way. Unless they can let go of lowry and attract all star right away to fill his spot thats not gonna get the playoffs jitters EVERY ? year. But none of the upcoming free agents move the needle enough imo.

@Toronto fans, let me know if yall disagree. Im not saying they should definetly blow it up, im saying if they do blow it up, they should blow it all the way up.

On a side note, Melo would be a great fit next to Derozan. Make that happen Toronto. We'll take anything for Melo.

On another side note, i know that a lowry to the Knicks trade almost went down I think 3 seasons ago. Imagine if Lowry was actually playing in NY and pulling these disappearing acts. ? damn, the NY media would have ate him alive and made it much worse. Glad that aint happen for his sake.

Yeah i see what you're saying but clay does the heavy lifting as it is in Toronto if you been paying attention all season. The offense doesn't even have to be geared towards him necessarily but in the scenario, everybody is still there except lowry. Clay, ibaka in an increased role, Wright or Joseph getting ample time, and powell getting consistent mins every night sounds fine. While they can save the money from lowry.

Like I said, if you can replace lowry with an allstar and a good coach, it'll be a good look. But, if you let go of Lowry, replace him with role players and tell Derozan youre the man now and Ibaka is the 2nd option, and be a perennial 6-8 seed while hoping an allstar wants to come to the Raptors, you ? up in my opinion.

If you feel confident that you will get an allstar in free agency to run with Derozan, you keep him. But, if you saying keep Derozan and we can draft a player and develop him and he can eventually be the 2nd option, you ? up.

The raptors kinda put themselves on the map the last few imo, so, I can see a free agent going there, but idk if I can bank on that if im toronto.

Ain't nobody going to no ? obscure ass Toronto as a big name free Agent lol but I got lazy now so idc no mo. You got it I'll just agree with you

acting like we live in a wasteland toronto is one of the best cities in the world ?
    and this real funny coming from a guy who lives in stank ass new jersey i been there before and it SUCKS
    i mean yall cool for some NBA players like KAT etc coming outta there but its still ? NJ tho

the biggest thing bad that i can think of right now is that we get taxed hard compared to other cities and the winter time sucks compared to the other places but i mean other cities get snow just like us also.. if ppl can deal with CLE (helps that brons there now) then anything is possible

Lmao! Feelings...Especially when I'm talking about as an NBA city

Case in point, nobody gonna sign there outright

And that's facts
  • AZTG
    Options

We was cool till the Jersey hate bruh. I been in Toronto, and you legit got more to do in Newark than you do in Toronto, and Newark aint ? .

Ofcourse, the issue in Newark is that you can get carjacked at a red light in broad daylight.
  • Beta
    Options
    Curious to see if the head detective can pull the C's to a victory or if horford and crowder gonna stink it up still

Who's the head detective nh? Lol
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow. I don't know where to begin... how you gonna ask beta about our ? first off. Imma chill and treat that as a mistake instead of disrespect...
    And @beta, i like Derozan, but I dont think Derozan is that dude where you blow up the team around him, but keep him and rebuild with him. Derozan is an elite player to me, but he needs to be somewhere where he can be the #1 option offensively, but not necessarily have it be his team.

This is how it's been for years now. It's widely understood this is Lowry team.
    Unless they can let go of lowry and attract all star right away to fill his spot

Like who ? . Jrue?

I agree. Hard pill to swallow as a fan that has to watch the ? but yeah you if going away from this group. You tear it down and do a full rebuild.

Demarre carroll and jv for Melo and o quinn.
    Yeah... Thought so.
  • AZTG
    Options

Wow. I don't know where to begin... how you gonna ask beta about our ? first off. Imma chill and treat that as a mistake instead of disrespect...
    And @beta, i like Derozan, but I dont think Derozan is that dude where you blow up the team around him, but keep him and rebuild with him. Derozan is an elite player to me, but he needs to be somewhere where he can be the #1 option offensively, but not necessarily have it be his team.

This is how it's been for years now. It's widely understood this is Lowry team.
    Unless they can let go of lowry and attract all star right away to fill his spot

Like who ? . Jrue?

I agree. Hard pill to swallow as a fan that has to watch the ? but yeah you if going away from this group. You tear it down and do a full rebuild.

Demarre carroll and jv for Melo and o quinn.
    Yeah... Thought so.

I asked beta cause he was talking about it after the game and I wasnt trying to talk about that ? at home.

And yea bruh, we pretty much agree with all of this.

And depending on their contracts, ill make that trade.
  • ckfree
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    get the atlanta hawks out my face too

them and the raptors gotta stop making the playoffs

put their games on youtube

tumblr_nxnlib3HWQ1ukyi98o1_500.gif

Tommys bottom ? talking cash ? . Don't give up that 2-0 lead ? .

no one is trying to hear from your maple syrup ? on this friday

go back to your jurassic sidewalk or whatever the ? it is and be quiet
  • ckfree
    Options

We was cool till the Jersey hate bruh. I been in Toronto, and you legit got more to do in Newark than you do in Toronto, and Newark aint ? .

Ofcourse, the issue in Newark is that you can get carjacked at a red light in broad daylight.

those dudes in new jersey drive could open a car and start it faster than someone that actually had a key
  • ckfree
    Options
    wade/jimmy need to have the ball handling duties now

this aint the time to trust jerian/mcw

if jimmy is 'that guy' he carries himself to be and talks about being

tonight is the night he puts up a 35-40 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assist game
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

wtel6nm54dra.gif

Wack ass Celtics about to start winning games...smh

Stay positive bruh. Don't say negative things like this.
  • Beta
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

wtel6nm54dra.gif

Wack ass Celtics about to start winning games...smh

Stay positive bruh. Don't say negative things like this.

You right man thanks for reeling me in
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    get the atlanta hawks out my face too

them and the raptors gotta stop making the playoffs

put their games on youtube

tumblr_nxnlib3HWQ1ukyi98o1_500.gif

Tommys bottom ? talking cash ? . Don't give up that 2-0 lead ? .

no one is trying to hear from your maple syrup ? on this friday

go back to your jurassic sidewalk or whatever the ? it is and be quiet

Oh Canadian jokes... Maple syrup. ? ? . Even got his wack post style down. Couldn't even refute the fact tommy got your ? ass turning over.