I Miss the Old Atlanta

Options
13»

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Old atlanta=freeknik...stds and Strip clubs...Now it turned to GayTL

Dont be comin in here just to hate. This aint the place for salty people who know nothing about it. This is grossly inaccurate depiction of old or new Atlanta. man if it aint your place, stay where you at. I aint gon speak on your city. (Or care enough to try to down it). People cant just be content where they are I guess. All the music, movies, tv, traffic news, etc from the city and this is all you think about. Which isnt really what the city is. How to even be a person like that? Id feel like a blatant hater lookin jealous thats lame.

This ? got hit by a stray
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Old atlanta=freeknik...stds and Strip clubs...Now it turned to GayTL

Dont be comin in here just to hate. This aint the place for salty people who know nothing about it. This is grossly inaccurate depiction of old or new Atlanta. man if it aint your place, stay where you at. I aint gon speak on your city. (Or care enough to try to down it). People cant just be content where they are I guess. All the music, movies, tv, traffic news, etc from the city and this is all you think about. Which isnt really what the city is. How to even be a person like that? Id feel like a blatant hater lookin jealous thats lame.

This ? got hit by a stray

If so it was a graze wound. That did no damage. People just be on some bizarre sht. If I dont know about a place I aint gon speak on it. Like what kinda problem you gotta be walking around with to even...Thats all im saying. Everythings wavy.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Harlem ? in the ATL

I caught the last good Freaknik.
    I was at Tower records at Lenox Mall for the ATLiens release and signing.
    I was at Tower records at Lenox Mall for the Still Standing release and signing.
    Eastside ? clip words midway and Westside ? be trying to hard over enunciating.
    Took me 6 months to learn the language. "Leh me hole a penso shauw" yeah figure that one out.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Tower Records and FYE
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood supposedly straight ? fascination with ? dudes in Atlanta. ? that have never been to Atlanta seem to be obsessed with the ? culture out here. ? , it's bad ? out here outnumbering ? something serious. If the only thing u picturing about atlanta is ? ? , that speaks volumes about u
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood supposedly straight ? fascination with ? dudes in Atlanta. ? that have never been to Atlanta seem to be obsessed with the ? culture out here. ? , it's bad ? out here outnumbering ? something serious. If the only thing u picturing about atlanta is ? ? , that speaks volumes about u

Yeah dont come around trying to pollute this thread with your thoughts. Nobody is even...the city has had and continues to have a lot of success. A disproportional amount. There are some salty about it winning can make losers catch feelings. But to the point where you walk around with that as your first thought? Shts weird. Just gotta let em lay wherever they are.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alonzo-Mourning.gif
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is like a 6 to1 ratio for straight black men with jobs in Atlanta. ? could literally have a harem.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    What was the older crowd spot in Gwinnett Frank Ski used to DJ before he went to the spot in Buckhead? It used to be a cool spot.

@aneed123

Bruh, I just realized what you were speaking of. I went there twice, it was off Satellite Blvd in Duluth not to far off the Boggs Rd. exit. I can't think of the name for ? tho!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    What was the older crowd spot in Gwinnett Frank Ski used to DJ before he went to the spot in Buckhead? It used to be a cool spot.

@aneed123

Bruh, I just realized what you were speaking of. I went there twice, it was off Satellite Blvd in Duluth not to far off the Boggs Rd. exit. I can't think of the name for ? tho!

Man the older chicks used to be in there ready for young meat lol...
  • 3Hunna
    3Hunna Members Posts: 162
    Options
    I like the current Atlanta

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3Hunna wrote: »
    I like the current Atlanta

shut the ? up smh
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat post... I miss the Atlanta from 1996-2007. I lived in Decatur off covington hwy, Sandy Springs and off roswell Road during those years. Great times. Back when Luda was still on 97.9 (not hot 107.9)
    Even that snap music ? wasn't bad.
    Rip Shawty lo

@aladdin1978

If you stayed off Covington Hwy, u prolly went to The Cave. This lil Delta chick I used to ? w/ back then used to stay tryna get me out there every weekend (so she could turn up w/ me on my dime, then go home w/ her), but the Station had my heart. lol

Did u ever hit South Beach or Insomnia when u stayed off Roswell? I used hit that ? ever once in a while since they were in the same plaza and have a good ass time (mainly in South Beach tho). Done got slobbed up in the parking lot and all. That drive back home was the WOAT tho, since I live on the Southside.

And last, but damn sho not least, I know u had to hit Buckhead!! You left the city when they basically shut it down. I was there literally 3 to 4 times a week since I knew the manager and owner @ Kream. My face card got so good I would hit multiple spots and get in free.... Chaos was my Monday night spot, Living Room was my Friday night spot and World Bar was my Saturday night spot and I would hit Kream and Uranus every now and again to switch it up. Fuel (right next to WB) was real popular too, but I rarely went in there for some reason. Oh ? , I almost 4got about Frequency.......

Hold on yall, all this nostalgia.....

4cwfxw8n9t5c.gif

I'm gettin' emotional, I need to collect myself. lol

Yea I was there when Buckhead got shut down... It was pretty much around 03 after wolf got murked.
    That's when they turned the ? into condos. Only thing left was frequency and Havana.
    And hell yea I used to hit insomnia and South Beach. I knew the owner of South Beach and tried to start up a Tuesday night event there.

Remember vegas nights in Marietta too??
    That's where I first heard "Laffy Taffy"

Actually, they didn't start the condo thing til about the end of 06 leading into 07. They knocked those buildings down, started the foundation and then abruptly stopped construction when the housing collapse happened in 08.

Vegas Nights used to be thick!! It was the grown spot (linens & hard bottoms lol) for the longest, then they switched up management and it became a much younger crowd. And yeah that change happened during the "Snap Era".... It died down quick tho because them Cobb County police would be waiting across the street for all them nikkas to pull out. You know what happened next. lol.... I think that building is still vacant, not sure tho.

And quick question.... Was the owner(s) of South Beach in B.M.F.?? I heard that from a couple people but could never really confirm it. It wouldn't surprise me if they were b/c them nikkas was airwhere!

The owner (or the one I knew) was this skinny old ? ? named Thomas... Doubt he was bmf
  • aladdin1978
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Cant believe nobody mentioned Bounce on Bankhead(some of yall were too young). GOAT club, first time I ever seen somebody smoke weed freely in a public place with no ? given lol

I remmeber the cars lined up for the bounce used to stretch out onto 285..
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah old ATL rap >>>>>
  • aladdin1978
    Options

There is like a 6 to1 ratio for straight black men with jobs in Atlanta. ? could literally have a harem.

Yea @stew knows this
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat post... I miss the Atlanta from 1996-2007. I lived in Decatur off covington hwy, Sandy Springs and off roswell Road during those years. Great times. Back when Luda was still on 97.9 (not hot 107.9)
    Rip Shawty lo

@aladdin1978

If you stayed off Covington Hwy, u prolly went to The Cave. This lil Delta chick I used to ? w/ back then used to stay tryna get me out there every weekend (so she could turn up w/ me on my dime, then go home w/ her), but the Station had my heart. lol

Did u ever hit South Beach or Insomnia when u stayed off Roswell? I used hit that ? ever once in a while since they were in the same plaza and have a good ass time (mainly in South Beach tho). Done got slobbed up in the parking lot and all. That drive back home was the WOAT tho, since I live on the Southside.

And last, but damn sho not least, I know u had to hit Buckhead!! You left the city when they basically shut it down. I was there literally 3 to 4 times a week since I knew the manager and owner @ Kream. My face card got so good I would hit multiple spots and get in free.... Chaos was my Monday night spot, Living Room was my Friday night spot and World Bar was my Saturday night spot and I would hit Kream and Uranus every now and again to switch it up. Fuel (right next to WB) was real popular too, but I rarely went in there for some reason. Oh ? , I almost 4got about Frequency.......

4cwfxw8n9t5c.gif

Yea I was there when Buckhead got shut down... It was pretty much around 03 after wolf got murked.
    That's when they turned the ? into condos. Only thing left was frequency and Havana.
    And hell yea I used to hit insomnia and South Beach. I knew the owner of South Beach and tried to start up a Tuesday night event there.

Actually, they didn't start the condo thing til about the end of 06 leading into 07. They knocked those buildings down, started the foundation and then abruptly stopped construction when the housing collapse happened in 08.

Vegas Nights used to be thick!! It was the grown spot (linens & hard bottoms lol) for the longest, then they switched up management and it became a much younger crowd. And yeah that change happened during the "Snap Era".... It died down quick tho because them Cobb County police would be waiting across the street for all them nikkas to pull out. You know what happened next. lol.... I think that building is still vacant, not sure tho.

And quick question.... Was the owner(s) of South Beach in B.M.F.?? I heard that from a couple people but could never really confirm it. It wouldn't surprise me if they were b/c them nikkas was airwhere!

The owner (or the one I knew) was this skinny old ? ? named Thomas... Doubt he was bmf

LolololoL

What he do to become ? nikka status??
  • aladdin1978
    Options
    Rip Shawty lo

@aladdin1978

4cwfxw8n9t5c.gif

LolololoL

What he do to become ? nikka status??

His business acumen and practices of course.