The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I've realized these last 2 games y kyrie was a loser b4 bron came and y they suck when he resting

Kyrie went to a 19-63 team that lost 26 games in a row as a 19 year old with 11 games of college experience under his belt.It makes no sense when people say "but kyrie never made the playoffs until lebron went there!!!" they sucked & were a perennial lottery team who also took steps backwards when they botched a #1 pick.They weren't a good team.

They don't win without lebron because they don't know how to play without lebron.He pigeon holes everyone into roles.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Cavs about to be the Buffalo bills of the NBA

But the Bills never won...did you even think about this before you posted? Is this your ESPN hot take audition?

Someone's in their feelings. I was referring to the Durant lead warriors.
    Ole "atleast we got one" crybaby ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I've realized these last 2 games y kyrie was a loser b4 bron came and y they suck when he resting

Kyrie went to a 19-63 team that lost 26 games in a row as a 19 year old with 11 games of college experience under his belt.It makes no sense when people say "but kyrie never made the playoffs until lebron went there!!!" they sucked & were a perennial lottery team who also took steps backwards when they botched a #1 pick.They weren't a good team.

They don't win without lebron because they don't know how to play without lebron.He pigeon holes everyone into roles.

Kyrie has been the same throughout, he nice but he play ? ball n isn't the best decision maker, early in his career he didn't have the squad or health but now playing the same I have doubts he can win over 40, that ain't Bron fault, one can say bron marginalizes players, but he makes em better, Kyrie don't
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's not many point guards in the east that actually make the players around them better

Wall
    Rondo
    Payton

That's all I can think of
  • Beta
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I thought the time between the finals and draft would be closer :/
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kyrie has been the same throughout, he nice but he play ? ball n isn't the best decision maker, early in his career he didn't have the squad or health but now playing the same I have doubts he can win over 40, that ain't Bron fault, one can say bron marginalizes players, but he makes em better, Kyrie don't

Name a list if players that lbj made better?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

U think KD>Bron, don't​ type at me.
  • Beta
    Options

Name every Cavs roster bron ever played on the first time around for starters
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? getting Melo or Paul George, Bron need Air Bud next year
    7k4xgsehj1gl.png
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slight rant

i hate the term "makes players better"

passing to someone for an open / easier shot doesn't equate to them being a better player .

example - Danny Granger made Paul George better because of the work they put in the film and practice back in the early Indiana days ! not because he deferred to him on the court

Kyrie is the same player he was back in 2014 ...he just has better teammates IMO.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    slight rant

passing to someone for an open / easier shot doesn't equate to them being a better player .

example - Danny Granger made Paul George better because of the work they put in the film and practice back in the early Indiana days ! not because he deferred to him on the court

Kyrie is the same player he was back in 2014 ...he just has better teammates IMO.

How bout "improved in ways they may not have/look better than they would without said player" not always about JUST being passed to
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slight rant

Casual ? post
  • time_is_mon3y
    time_is_mon3y Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    How Curry grabbing 12 rebounds?
  • Olorun22
    Options

Yup exactly you just go with ? that everyone else say.. if you can't come up with ? that back up your claim don't say it
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How bout "improved in ways they may not have/look better than they would without said player" not always about JUST being passed to

^^ yea I agree with that , should have prob made it more clear in oringinal post, but the majority of cats/ media measure it by creating open looks for role players which is a lazy narrative
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    slight rant

I dont think it's a literal term man but giving someone looks/shots that they wouldn't be able to easily generate themselves is making their impact greater

Well, just say this instead of saying some can make someone better
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slight rant

I've always hated that term as well. If you make a player better then that player is better and should remain at that level whether you're there or not. I prefer to say that certain players make it easier for their teammates to do their jobs, a la Magic, LeBron, etc.
  • Beta
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well whoever takes "makes them better" literally most likely doesn't REALLY know ? because anybody who watches basketball or any sport above a casual level should know what it means
  • Beta
    Options
    I mean it's just a figure of speech really more than anything and its just sports jargon
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Well whoever takes "makes them better" literally most likely doesn't REALLY know ? because anybody who watches basketball above a casual level should know what it means

Thank you​, this some ? that shouldn't have to b clarified but I Forgot where I was
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    How Curry grabbing 12 rebounds?

Missed 3s usually result in longer rebounds. Lot of Curry's offensive boards came from that too

edit: from
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Wardell so disrespectful

Dahntay gotta earn his check.

ain't he only getting paid $1,500 or something?

He's gonna have to sell that ring.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Yup exactly you just go with ? that everyone else say.. if you can't come up with ? that back up your claim don't say it

Ironic​, bagg back bruh