2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    If boston doesn't get hayward :# woj said hayward still training at utah facilities,still working with ast. coaches,been engaged wit the fo on roster moves.

At this point man I'm kinda expecting disappointment, I think we have a strong chance to get him but we need a plan B I'm salty we haven't even contacted anyone yet

Anything can still happen but that don't sound like someone about to leave their team.Most fa's cut off contact when they about to bounce woj said chris paul hadn't talked to the clippers since the season ended besides their meeting a few days ago.

Honestly boston should shore up their rebounding weakness(Robin Lopez) if they don't get hayward.There's no current no threats in the east besides the cavs

Hold out til the trade deadline and see if presti flips pg.

You read my mind with Lopez (depending on what's left of his contract he's a great fit) I expected him to build through the draft which is why I don't get hype with trade rumors anymore

If that was the plan, then they never should have traded the #1 pick.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only player I'll be ? if he goes anywhere else but Boston is Marc Gasol, and if he doesn't go anywhere New Orleans is falling apart sooner than later
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? kinda trades are these lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    If boston doesn't get hayward :# woj said hayward still training at utah facilities,still working with ast. coaches,been engaged wit the fo on roster moves.

At this point man I'm kinda expecting disappointment, I think we have a strong chance to get him but we need a plan B I'm salty we haven't even contacted anyone yet
    At this point, is there any reason to sign Hayward? Hayward doesn't win us that Cavs series. Ainge trying to develop young assets or finish a strong second?

How many wings do we need?

Or does the front office want a white star and winning is secondary?

Every off-season is a ? clown show.

Anything can still happen but that don't sound like someone about to leave their team.Most fa's cut off contact when they about to bounce woj said chris paul hadn't talked to the clippers since the season ended besides their meeting a few days ago.

Honestly boston should shore up their rebounding weakness(Robin Lopez) if they don't get hayward.There's no current no threats in the east besides the cavs

You read my mind with Lopez (depending on what's left of his contract he's a great fit) I expected him to build through the draft which is why I don't get hype with trade rumors anymore

nba_a_riley_576.jpg

Just so we are clear, as trash as the Celtics have been in choosing a clear direction and deciding to build, nobody is signing to Miami.

I'll be sure to add this quote for reference later
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pritchard building around Myles Turner, Oladipo and Sabonis. Too bad Oladipo already hit this ceiling bout two years ago
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If that was the plan, then they never should have traded the #1 pick.

They got the guy who they really wanted anyways..so whether he went 1 or 3...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Memphis aren't a playoff team no more, trade Marc
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "mannn Kevin Pritchard a ? man" :lol: ax u killed me in that vid
  • ghost!
    Options
    Cousins,Pg and Jimmy were all traded in the last 4 months.No excuses for ainge not getting one of these players he has more assets than any gm in the league.

If they get hayward alone that's still not enough to beat the cavs they needed 2 pieces.And the real reason hayward is the c's priority cuz he's white and can be sold to the racist fan base in boston he is not a better overall player than jimmy or pg.

Or w 3 potiential lotto picks coming up. You say f it..let the west beat each other up for a few seasons then you take over for the future..
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt be mad at george hill for the right price, or even rose. Long as its not a 5 year, and around 15 mil. Whoever it is is just a bridge guy anyway. Young Frank got next, I hope.
  • (Nope)
    Options
    Cousins,Pg and Jimmy were all traded in the last 4 months.No excuses for ainge not getting one of these players he has more assets than any gm in the league.

If they get hayward alone that's still not enough to beat the cavs they needed 2 pieces.And the real reason hayward is the c's priority cuz he's white and can be sold to the racist fan base in boston he is not a better overall player than jimmy or pg.

I agree. But I don't think that it's just the fan base. I think it's Ainge.

He thinks this is money ball until it's time to add a white man of virtue.

All these assets are steady losing value because we have no place to put them.

If the Celtics want starplayers, they have to overpay for them. I assumed he was acquiring the assets to do that.

How are you the #1 seed (gifted by Cavs) with all this talent on the trade market and get nothing?

• ghost!
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

Or w 3 potiential lotto picks coming up. You say f it..let the west beat each other up for a few seasons then you take over for the future..

You have no idea what the nets will do in fa they may put together a team that can get the 8 seed

Greak Freak 22 years old.Sixers have a young trio who are all better than any young player on the c's taking over the future isn't guaranteed.

1. I did say "potential"

2. And since we are talking hypothetical the greek freak may not turn into anything and the nets may not do enough n the Cs could draft youngins that turn out better than what the sixers have...

• ghost!
    Options
    In its clear indy didnt want to trade w Ainge....im not sayin Ainge shouldnt catch any flack..but if he smart..he is not dead in the water like some of these franchises are now
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

PG is questionable, PG been getting overrated lately, and Indy probably knows Hayward isn't coming here and didn't wait to find out, if Hayward did come here Ainge would of been giving up a lot better package than they got but if he doesn't Ainge isn't giving up ? for a rental, Indy's last asking price from us was horrendous I would of hung up on them too, all 3 of those players are different situations no one even knows if Cousins was on the radar plus Sac-town wasn't even taking calls they were hell bent on getting Buddy Hield, there really are excuses
  • (Nope)
    Options
    In its clear indy didnt want to trade w Ainge....im not sayin Ainge shouldnt catch any flack..but if he smart..he is not dead in the water like some of these franchises are now

Yeah which speaks to a need to replace Ainge.

Other GMs are not ? with Ainge and that's a problem.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol Celtics didn't get Butler or PG. Hoarding them draft picks like Gee hoards menz pics.

Ainge didn't want to trade Rozier.

? Rozier!

I ? hate this Mormon!

Lol.

I don't even know who Rozier is bruh
  • (Nope)
    Options

You have no idea what the nets will do in fa they may put together a team that can get the 8 seed

Greak Freak 22 years old.Sixers have a young trio who are all better than any young player on the c's taking over the future isn't guaranteed.

1. I did say "potential"

2. And since we are talking hypothetical the greek freak may not turn into anything and the nets may not do enough n the Cs could draft youngins that turn out better than what the sixers have...

The Greek Freak is already a top ten NBA player? What are you talking about?

Celtics front office continues to not do ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess I'l just catch summer league highlights later while the staff and whiteside blow Hayward away with that presentation

See that boy Bam and Okaro white

Im sure one player from this team gonna get signed and developed
  • ghost!
    edited July 2017
    Options

Yeah which speaks to a need to replace Ainge.

Other GMs are not ? with Ainge and that's a problem.

Stop..replace ainge for what?? If other GMs aint ? w Ainge its cause he out smarted the nets GM

that aint Ainge's fault....

He still got lotto picks..how can u be mad at that..

What u want to be the knicks right now?? Or cleveland who is letting lebron control everything...
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Celtics trade offer for Paul George back at trade deadline, per league source: Brooklyn pick (wound up being No. 1) and 3 other first-rounders.

Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

So the pacers just didn't want to trade with them.

They weren't trying to send PG to an Eastern Conference Team where he had potential to stay
  • its....JOHN B
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol at replace Ainge stop bruh