What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Was Hip hop culture a rebellion to the attempted emasculation of the black man?

Jamaican Curry BwoyJamaican Curry Bwoy Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
Or just a rebellion to overall conformity?
"Rondo got a nine like Wu-Tang, (woo shit!)"
TheGOATblackgod813

Replies

• soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
    Soloman_The_WiseKnowReasonForPeacesapp08_2001
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Wasn't but now it is. I already knew but I actually was talking HipHop with a white dude the other day and he took the words right out of my mouth. I was mind blown.

Legends raping niggas. Birdman may have broke lil waynes virginity. Niggas wearing tights, dresses and rompers brandishing guns and shit. 20 deep in the videos shirtless with no bitches.
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish we could take it back
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip hop was the voice of black culture in the ghetto. So was rock. So was country. So was jazz. Until white people stole those genres. But hip hop was special because it primarily spoke to the youth. Dominated by the youth. Rappers regularly began their career in high school.....

I lost my train of thought watching Tyson vs Holyfield 30 for 30

Just for the record Rock/Country/Jazz was never stolen from black people. Some black people were tricked into thinking it didn't belong to them. But there are still the Buddy Guys, Darius Ruckers and Gary Clark Jrs who still perform the blues/country/rock because they never fell victim to that mindset.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,261 Regulator
    No...no it wasn't
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big dik gold chains yea i got hoes mane...thats hip hop ..
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just a bunch of folks expressing themselves artistically.
    TheGOATJamaican Curry Bwoy
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it was all that, just a voice for a sub-culture that had something to say...

The more exposure it got, the more people adapted to and favored it over their previous likes.

As time went on capitalist and tyrants alike re appropriated it for their own needs and desires.

Now being "masculine" is directly correlated with the bastardization of our people and culture.
    16_1_2.gif
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy
  • Jamaican Curry BwoyJamaican Curry Bwoy Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    LOL

Somebody watchin too much Hidden Colors

Come again? Is that a TV show or something?
    "Rondo got a nine like Wu-Tang, (woo shit!)"