4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The jigga warriors are in full force I see.

Word.

Like some how the music on 4:44 transfer over to garbage as BP3,MCHG, & KC.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Props to the K.Dot and Cole tho. Bringing conscience rap to the mainstream and being successful at it. Without them pushing the needle in that direction, I don't even think Jay makes this album. Which is good by the way even with the lazy flows. 4/5.

Wait... so you actually like the album!? Why tha venom then?

Lol, I never had any venom. Been bumping it all weekend. ? is just in their feelings in here. I'm not finna jump off the roof cause it took Jay 47 years and 3 kids later to be on something, ? been on.

He's done it years ago already. Songs like Where Have U Been, Soon You'll Understand, December 4th...he's got more than a few songs like this...just not an entire album...and neither does Cole or Kendrick because not all their ? is on some conscious super introspective ? either. Hell "? Problems" was originally made for GKMC and ain't ? conscious about that
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    The:

? the same chicks....
    Walking round like y'all made Thriller

Im not sure if its about Ye, could just be a shot at the younger generation... Or maybe its both...

I think it's against Bhris and karruche and co.

Would only make sense since he legit hates Bhris and he was compared to a young MJ years ago.

And karruche been passed around alot.

Could also mean drake, meek, or insert random rapper that takes leftovers

You said all that to say its not about 1 specific person lol
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I said it before but Holy Grail is Jay Z worse intro ever.

Speaking of intros,how would y'all rate "? jayz" against Jays over intros
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So apparently Ye left Tidal. TMZ story so I'm not posting it.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoooooo that Hannah Williams & The Affirmations sample is beautiful dawgem1v8nhm6vxl.gif

? fuego. Hands down the best beat on the album
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay the master of sublims... I know it might have been mentioned before but employing No ID to produce the entire album and him being Kanye's mentor as a producer coupled with his angry rant at Jay which was of course highlighted in the album ...

Proper sonning...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Jay the master of sublims... I know it might have been mentioned before but employing No ID to produce the entire album and him being Kanye's mentor as a producer coupled with his angry rant at Jay which was of course highlighted in the album ...

Proper sonning...

By both his OGs
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Proper sonning...

Im glad somebody saw this also as a direct shot.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Proper sonning...

'BAM' uses the same sample as Ye's 'Famous', i clocked it straight away and thought to myself that's surely a jab of some sort, but the producer picks the sample, that's more of a diss on no i.d.s part if anything.

I don't know, but it doesn't feel coincidental in any sense, jay saying almost i can do the same ? better than you.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I said it before but Holy Grail is Jay Z worse intro ever.

Speaking of intros,how would y'all rate "? jayz" against Jays over intros

constantly ranking ? dulls people appreciation for ? .

I'm just trying to bring the topic back on the album, cause ? is ? up this thread with all this irrelevant ?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw this on twitter. One subliminal i didnt catch on to.

iympy7g0033z.jpg
    g352p70tw45d.jpg

"Oh yea, I was born with a pair"

tenor.gif

? it's J-Hova

5hxdrs3l5h0o.jpg
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Props to the K.Dot and Cole tho. Bringing conscience rap to the mainstream and being successful at it. Without them pushing the needle in that direction, I don't even think Jay makes this album. Which is good by the way even with the lazy flows. 4/5.

Lol, I never had any venom. Been bumping it all weekend. ? is just in their feelings in here. I'm not finna jump off the roof cause it took Jay 47 years and 3 kids later to be on something, ? been on.

He's done it years ago already. Songs like Where Have U Been, Soon You'll Understand, December 4th...he's got more than a few songs like this...just not an entire album...and neither does Cole or Kendrick because not all their ? is on some conscious super introspective ? either. Hell "? Problems" was originally made for GKMC and ain't ? conscious about that

Of course it's not every track, but it's been the majority with Cole and Kendrick and with Jay, it has not been until now.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Of course it's not every track, but it's been the majority with Cole and Kendrick and with Jay, it has not been until now.

This poster has the worst of all time taste on hiphop.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If Beyonce had twins it'll probably be 2pacs, get it 2pacs" - Jay-Z
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    444 flipped upside down kinda looks like a 666, food for thought?