Options

Comments

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Tupac. After going and discovering more hiphop he just doesn't stack up. Also after discovering Necro Eminem just comes off as corny.

If a ? don't have pac in his top 10 ain't bein honest with himself. If we basin it on classic albums, and influence Pac is in the top 5 convo everytime, he's top 10 solid though.

How do influence make you the best rapper? Lil Wayne got ? dressing like weirdos and Young Thug got ? dressing like girls. Migos got everyone sounding like them. Are they the best rappers? And Wayne got a classic. Influence just mean you're a leader and ? are ? riders. Has very little to do with being the best. ? wasn't sounding and looking like Pac till he was dead too.

Pacs influence is deeper than that. Either you young, or you got your head in the sand. Been dead 20 years, and died before 26. He had the world in his hand. You talkin about dreads, double time rap, i'm talkin ? actually hittin the liquor store and grieving like they lost a close cousin when pac died. It's levels to this.

Pac got classic songs, classic albums, classic movie roles, classic hip hop events, classic rants, classic quotes(behind the mic and in front of an interviewer), classic everything, he even got classic jail letters B. Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades. Pacs verses still stick today because he kept it real.

My ? I won't lie, i'm not even a pac fan, everything ain't for everybody, but bruh... recognize the greatness. That dude was from another planet. That energy still hasn't been matched.

It's a difference between greatness and being the best. No one said he was the best when he was living. Facts. He was an icon. He made great music. He was exciting. I'm not taking that from him. But he wasn't the best at rapping. " You're nobody till somebody kills you. " Big said that. I like Pac too. But I'm not going to act like he was the best out in the 90s. Hip-Hop still went on strong after he died. He wasn't Jay-z top 3. And that's from an artist perspective. But my point was and still is influence doesn't make you a better mc. It just mean you touch more people. Whether by marketing and promotion, your antiques or your actual music. Iverson influenced the whole culture of basketball players under him. But he was never the best. Same thing applies here.

All eyez on me was the most anticipated album of my life time and delivered...he was by far the biggest thing in hip hop after ? and chronic dies down

He has more classic albums in a row than big, Jay-Z and nas have in their entire catalog

And you are overlooking the Score that came out that same year. And Lauryn Hill album. Nas It was written was highly anticipated aswell as Biggie second album and Wu-tang forever. The Chronic 2001 was just as anticipated if not more. Nas had 3 classic in a row too. Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? son.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac. After going and discovering more hiphop he just doesn't stack up. Also after discovering Necro Eminem just comes off as corny.

If a ? don't have pac in his top 10 ain't bein honest with himself. If we basin it on classic albums, and influence Pac is in the top 5 convo everytime, he's top 10 solid though.

How do influence make you the best rapper? Lil Wayne got ? dressing like weirdos and Young Thug got ? dressing like girls. Migos got everyone sounding like them. Are they the best rappers? And Wayne got a classic. Influence just mean you're a leader and ? are ? riders. Has very little to do with being the best. ? wasn't sounding and looking like Pac till he was dead too.

Pacs influence is deeper than that. Either you young, or you got your head in the sand. Been dead 20 years, and died before 26. He had the world in his hand. You talkin about dreads, double time rap, i'm talkin ? actually hittin the liquor store and grieving like they lost a close cousin when pac died. It's levels to this.

Pac got classic songs, classic albums, classic movie roles, classic hip hop events, classic rants, classic quotes(behind the mic and in front of an interviewer), classic everything, he even got classic jail letters B. Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades. Pacs verses still stick today because he kept it real.

My ? I won't lie, i'm not even a pac fan, everything ain't for everybody, but bruh... recognize the greatness. That dude was from another planet. That energy still hasn't been matched.

It's a difference between greatness and being the best. No one said he was the best when he was living. Facts. He was an icon. He made great music. He was exciting. I'm not taking that from him. But he wasn't the best at rapping. " You're nobody till somebody kills you. " Big said that. I like Pac too. But I'm not going to act like he was the best out in the 90s. Hip-Hop still went on strong after he died. He wasn't Jay-z top 3. And that's from an artist perspective. But my point was and still is influence doesn't make you a better mc. It just mean you touch more people. Whether by marketing and promotion, your antiques or your actual music. Iverson influenced the whole culture of basketball players under him. But he was never the best. Same thing applies here.

All eyez on me was the most anticipated album of my life time and delivered...he was by far the biggest thing in hip hop after ? and chronic dies down

He has more classic albums in a row than big, Jay-Z and nas have in their entire catalog

And you are overlooking the Score that came out that same year. And Lauryn Hill album. Nas It was written was highly anticipated aswell as Biggie second album and Wu-tang forever. The Chronic 2001 was just as anticipated if not more. Nas had 3 classic in a row too. Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? son.

You better put that henny down if you think ? Son was a classic.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? 's Son is a classic
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Treach, I though sun was the illest when I was young...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem... When I was a teen, I was a big fan, now I barely listen to his music, even his earlier albums
    Eminem
    Eminem stuff aged horribly and now he just screams on every song
    Co sign.

I still enjoy the majority of MMLP for his level of skill but his fall from grace was astounding.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're usually on point, but GRODT is the most anticipated album any of us has seen. I'm a product of 1986.
  • Lefty_
    Options

? 's Son is a classic

You ? think anything is a classic. Tell me, what was classic about it.... And if one of you soft ass ? base your argument around dance I'm bannin you.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? 's Son is a classic

You ? think anything is a classic. Tell me, what was classic about it.... And if one of you soft ass ? base your argument around dance I'm bannin you.

GODS SON IS CLASSIC

Gods Son > IWW & Stillmatic

Ban me
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? 's Son is a classic

I can bump ? Son from top to bottom without pressing skip. Everyone has Stillmatic as a classic, but I'm pressing the skip button twice

? Son>>>>>Stillmatic
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

None of those were close to the buzz all eyez on me had....the only thing that came close was grodt

I don't count lost tapes but gods son is not a classic
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

You're usually on point, but GRODT is the most anticipated album any of us has seen. I'm a product of 1986.

Didn't see this....but from my experience 2nd most anticipated is grodt
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jay Z used to be on my top 10 until he dropped Blueprint

I used to like Biggie but when he claimed to be playa but Pac still ? his wife fucc him

I used to like Ross but soon as he got exposed as a CO fucc him!

I used to like Game but when he got exposed as a stripper fucc him!

I used to like TI but soon as he got exposed as a SNITCH fucc him!

I used to like CNN but soon as Capone got exposed as a snitch fucc him!

I used to like Dipset but soon as they went at Nas ? them*

Jada and Styles used to be my in my top 15 book but when Diddy made them their bitchez FUCC EM!

I used to have rakim in my top 10 book until he dissed Nas for no reason.. ? HIM
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rappers that entered my top 5 is better.

Nas because he is the best looking rapper. He is 40+ but still looks like he in his 20's. Got the best rap album of all time. Is the best rap lyricst of all time. Is the best MC. New York King. Got the best discography of all time. Never lost an lyrical beef. Got so much ? against him but still here.

Big Pun entered my top 5 because he bust his damn guns. That's what I like. He was really bout bout it.

Big L because he was the GOAT at what he was doin.

Prodigy because he saved New York. Because he got my favorite verse. Because he got the best rap song of all time. Because he got 2 albums thats in my top 5.

Raekwon because he is the best out of WU TANG and got the most unique style of all rappers i've ever listen to . He dropped OB4CL .. Sound of my life.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    What's ya plug number?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades.

Not to go all Shadytam but yes he has.

But we suppose to have him in our top 10?

What type of ? ass logic is that?

"I don't ? wit a ? music like that but, he still in my top 10"

giphy.gif

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    Jay Z used to be on my top 10 until he dropped Blueprint

I used to like Biggie but when he claimed to be playa but Pac still ? his wife fucc him

I used to like Ross but soon as he got exposed as a CO fucc him!

I used to like Game but when he got exposed as a stripper fucc him!

I used to like TI but soon as he got exposed as a SNITCH fucc him!

I used to like CNN but soon as Capone got exposed as a snitch fucc him!

I used to like Dipset but soon as they went at Nas ? them*

Jada and Styles used to be my in my top 15 book but when Diddy made them their bitchez FUCC EM!

I used to have rakim in my top 10 book until he dissed Nas for no reason.. ? HIM

@whoever knows

Is the bold true?!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scarface
    ice cube
    beanie sigel
    2pac
    biggie
    jay-z
    black thought
    fiend
    devin tha dude
    50/bun b
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 'S SON IS MY 3RD FAVORITE NAS ALBUM...
    WITH STILLMATIC AT 4TH...

I DON'T COUNT LOST TAPES BC ITS A COMPILATION...
    BUT IF I WERE TO COUNT IT, IT WOULD BE 3RD...
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

What makes ? Son a classic? It bangs from all the way through. It took us on a journey of what he was going through after the battle with Jay and the passing of his mother. He had bangers like Made you look, Masterminds and Revolutionary Warfare. Classic stories like Get Down, Last Real ? Alive. Inspirational songs like I can, Thugz Mansion, Heaven and Warriors Song. It was a complete album. The production was great and of course it was lyrically tight. I can't see how people say TBA was classic. and this wasn't.. ? Son ? all on that album.

None of those were close to the buzz all eyez on me had....the only thing that came close was grodt

I don't count lost tapes but gods son is not a classic

How you know? You measured it with your buzz meter? You don't to count Lost Tapes. It had a bar code and it wasn't a mix tape. People been waiting on DR Dre album for years at that point how wasn't it more anticipated than AEOM? Pac had only been out of Prison a month of two. And People was fiending for L Booggie album. You bugging.
  • Lefty_
    Options

Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades.

giphy.gif

Objectivity, learn that word.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

Objectivity, learn that word.

But we ain't talking bout objectivity ? .

"Name An MC That Got Demoted From YOUR Top 10"

Bold is the key word.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

? 's Son is a classic

GODS SON IS CLASSIC

Gods Son > IWW & Stillmatic

Ban me

@Stew Cancel that ? , i'll buy another one.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    @Lefty_ i thought u said YOU was gonna ban me?

You just callin yo daddy on me

diddy-water.gif
  • Lefty_
    Options
    If I was a mod, I wouldn't ban you for that... I'd find another reason to put yo ass on the dresser.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    If I was a mod, I wouldn't ban you for that... I'd find another reason to put yo ass on the dresser.
    XL1uki.gif
    I dont understand this... So imma take it as disrespect.

Watch yo mouth