2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Boston losing bradley and Crowder is big... those 2 with smart was hustle and defense that's gonna be missed. Offensively they gonna be tough. Brown and tatum gonna eat

Sorry it's just not going to be as big as people want to make it, Crowder got this lockdown defender title when he's not and he really can't guard multiple positions like that, he's 6'6 without a ton of length and athleticism, if Hayward isn't a better defender it's close enough to being a lateral move where it shouldn't even be mentioned like we just loss something significant, Jaylen already proved he can step in at the 2 and we won't miss a beat when Avery missed 27 games last year and he really showed his true potential in the playoffs against Bron and my personal favorite moments when he was covering Wall and had him looking clueless, he also got 4 inches on Avery and is an athletic freak, throw in Kyrie>>IT defensively regardless if he isn't a good defender or not we got better defensively overall, a bigger question mark is will Jaylen be able to provide spacing consistently

Boston was like the Detroit rick Carlyle chuck Atkins teams on defense hustle heart effort.. kyrie ain't gonna give that... hayword ain't gonna give u that... now Crowder gone. With Bradley...yall goin the golden st offense route cool but what made y'all tough and gritty is gone imo.

Crowder isn't a strong defender, how many times we gotta keep telling yall that lol
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Brooklyn fighting for the 8th seed, especially after that Allen Crabbe deal...

Brooklyn will be good. I like that they have low expectations. As constructed they are going to surprise a lot of people
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interested in seeing what Jaylen Brown does in a starting role and extended minutes, I think he's going to have a really good year
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ? said shump and frye and a pick for cousins

Smfh... GMs ain't giving Lebron handouts anymore, I think BK can show 8-10 seed potential in the east and ugly that pick up for CLE... Danny does it again #OnFleece
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think the Nets will be as bad as people think,they have a decent coach.

Dial up playing for his next contract and wants to prove himself after getting bushed by magic.Lin & kilpatrick solid

Crabbe,carroll,levert,rhj solid/servicable wings.They just need another big(niko,jamychael) if they rescind foyes qo they'll have some dough left over to sign a big.In the east they'll be more competitive than the last 3 years.

Bulls,Hawks and suns will be neck and neck for the worst team in the nba next season not the nets
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Watch out for Sam Presti at the trade deadline. I can see him sending Paul George to Cleveland for that nets pick. OKC about to go in the toilet, they need as many picks as possible

that would almost ensure russ leaving if they did that.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    If boston acquires a rebounding/solid rim protecting big at any point before the '18 trade deadline they're my pick to win the east.

Not tryin to watch the cavs get washed again.What you think the warriors gonna do wit that walking shooting chair out there?

they could sign nerlens noel......
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smfh... GMs ain't giving Lebron handouts anymore, I think BK can show 8-10 seed potential in the east and ugly that pick up for CLE... Danny does it again #OnFleece

When you think about it the cavs just traded kyrie irving for a midget who will be 29 in february with a ? hip,a role player and a pick that can be between 4-14.If lebron and isiaah leave in fa next summer they'll have a role player,zuzac(who was looking slower than molasses in january in SUMMER league) and a rookie for kyrie.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    If boston acquires a rebounding/solid rim protecting big at any point before the '18 trade deadline they're my pick to win the east.

Not tryin to watch the cavs get washed again.What you think the warriors gonna do wit that walking shooting chair out there?

I forgot nobody signed this kid he started doing good things in Dallas I'm confused on why nobody trying to get him
  • TheBossman
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    pelicans would ask for BK pick + love

Give up an All Star and a number one pick for Cousins. Yeah ok!

I do think they're gonna use that pick to bring in another star and get rid of some dudes on their bench.
    Yea this was a hot topic last night...More realistic trade will probably be

Tristian Thompson and 1st Round Pick from Brooklyn For Boogie Cousins.

Either way if the Cavs flip this pick for another star (which they probably will)..... :o:o:o

#Dynasty

the bolded its a fair trade because boogie is on a one year deal..... for Cavs that's a huge one year gamble tho.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

I forgot nobody signed this kid he started doing good things in Dallas I'm confused on why nobody trying to get him

his asking price.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

In my head I was thinking if the Bucks weren't in the same division that would be a team Cleveland could do business with, maybe even a team Bron would waive his no trade clause to play with Giannis
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie gonna wear #11
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lmao Noel aint no damn max player. The new cba got these players delusional
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you think about it the cavs just traded kyrie irving for a midget who will be 29 in february with a ? hip,a role player and a pick that can be between 4-14.If lebron and isiaah leave in fa next summer they'll have a role player,zuzac(who was looking slower than molasses in january in SUMMER league) and a rookie for kyrie.

Exactly I pointed out all this in a previous post... Cleveland is gonna be hurting for decades to come if all fails... Boston is in cruise control now with growing parts
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs the third best team in the East imo
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I got Brooklyn fighting for the 8th seed, especially after that Allen Crabbe deal...

Change of heart from a couple weeks ago?

Nvm I see what he trying to do
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hayward averaged 22 ppg on the slowest paced team in the nba being the sole focus of opponents defense

Kyrie & hayward gonna eat in boston.My only questions are wing defense,rebounding/rim protection(same issues as last season)

Cavs wit lil zeke and rose at pg gonna get exposed all game.Lebron don't play defense either along wit love.They don't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating the warriors but they have a chance to win the east one more time before it's bolivia status.

I pray the cavs get wade so i can read and laugh at these stupid comments