• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd lives in Vegas...

bookies in Vegas

most bet it won't go 4....an others less than 10...

guess who helped who win but then wins in the longer term or under the table
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/richard-spencer-wanted-conor-mcgregor-win-worst-article-1.3446454
    Richard Spencer wanted Conor McGregor to beat Floyd Mayweather in the worst way

Conor McGregor was Richard Spencer's "Great White Hope."

Spencer, a white nationalist, tweeted support for the Irish MMA superstar during his fight against boxer Floyd Mayweather, who is black.

"If #McGregor wins tonight, the Irish get to be White," Spencer wrote Saturday.

Spencer also highlighted the "fashy" — fascism-like — haircuts of McGregor's cornermen.

While McGregor lost in a 10th round TKO, Spencer remained upbeat

Spencer also retweeted a post by Eli Mosley — an organizer of the alt-right Charlottesville protests that devolved into violence — featuring an image of McGregor with his dapper-dressed son.

"Don't worry goys. For the white race it's never over," Mosley wrote. "It's time for generation Z to take it from here."

McGregor made numerous racially charged statements leading up to the fight

1w703bn9r82d.gif
    bsgr9w5qbr5q.gif

3Rymq.gif
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    xw80fah6h93o.jpg
    Lol
    This, he did that hella times

and also could someone explain Connors defense to me. Why he never put his guard up? ? annoying to look at. Then wonder why he got hit with 9 unanswered punches.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Ehh...would of been better to watch him go up against creditable boxer, but Mayweather earned the right to face whoever he wanted to. MacGregor asked for this.

Like who?

from a boxing point of view...was that really entertaining? MacGregor had not business being in that ring from a boxing standpoint. I think boxing purist when they want to watch a boxing match, they rather watch two legit boxers...then one legit boxer.

It was all business tho. A very wise business decision for Floyd to come out of retirement to make a easy 350 million. So easy that he didn't need to train as hard, so easy he didn't have to work that hard to sell the fight. Soon as McGregor opened his mouth the fight was already sold.

Never said it wasnt though. Nor am i faulting him for taken the fight.
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd was like the boxing version of Mj with the wizards... He wasn't the space jam fly like an eagle easily the be player on the planet Mj... But he had enough gas in the tank to let you know who he was and make the all star team.

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dupac wrote: »
    I scored the fight. I gave Connor rounds 1&2.....And that was it. Round 9 was a 10-8 round
    Floyd stayed right in front of dude....walked him down. Gave McGregor a target and made him pay for every mistake. I never really thought Floyd would go for the ? early....But I knew it wouldn't go the distance. It was a timeless strategy that boxers have been using against big punchers since forever.
    Let them punch themselves out,, then tag them when their hands get too heavy to protect them.
    I can't give McGregor a moral victory for playing right into Floyd's hands....
    It was an interesting fight. But they could have stopped it in 9 to be honest. I'm suprised Dana White ain't jump to stop it himself. Floyd would have killed that boy had he hit him a few more times. The ref saved that man's life. He was like two punches away from a mandatory 6 month layoff. 3 from brain damage. This was not a close fight.

Conor Physically looked to be 2 weight classes bigger than floyd a longer reach, and is known for having power in both hands.....

floyd's never been the type to pounce on a ? off the bell...especially when giving up THAT MUCH size.....this ? went exactly how it was supposed to go...

speaks volumes...
    wrvdvdrs8jy8.png

He jumped on gatti (rip)from tha opening bell
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mayweather vs. GGG would've been great!
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ppvtyb0ptb0v.jpg
    Get ur jokes off lol just got in from Havana...GoT to check out the National boxing training center , Kid Chocolatle in Havana....it was closed so I couldn't go in but I got to chop it up with the manager bout Rigondeaux and Cuban boxing...

My ? Elzo is wearing a purse. Da ?
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Canelo vs Golovkin HBO 24/7
    https://youtu.be/QrdGoqt_Wv4
    Maywood wrote: »
    24/7: Canelo/Golovkin Episode 1
    https://youtu.be/QrdGoqt_Wv4

j9dfi8vxqfos.gif

• mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fight was a joke but I watched so jokes on me. But I didn't pay for it.

I'm surprised Conor lasted that long/or Floyd let him last that long. Now we have some fights in September that matter to the sport.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    max saying the same ? about floyd that ive been saying for years but i guess it has weight if it comes out of a reputable boxing reporter like max. smmfh. i give floyd credit for playing the game but dont be calling yourself the best ever when you hand pick fights like mickey did for rock. that ? shouldnt even get into the hall of fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAkogS8NM8
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    max saying the same ? about floyd that ive been saying for years but i guess it has weight if it comes out of a reputable boxing reporter like max. smmfh. i give floyd credit for playing the game but dont be calling yourself the best ever when you hand pick fights like mickey did for rock. that ? shouldnt even get into the hall of fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAkogS8NM8

Max a got damn liar and hypocrite.. he used to love floyd ... all u talking this foolishness ain't watch Floyd's wholecareer. He a hall of fame of his career at 130 and 135 alone