Out w the old Bodega and in w the new, sleek, hipster "Bodega"

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dem hoagies from the bodega used to be fire coming up in ny... ? ain't the same... sandwiches and Puerto Rican music lol
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bodegas are a staple of Baisley Boulevard get this gentrification ? out of here smh.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? is a bodega cat. What the ? is a bodega a convenience store privately owned

Not from the hood post.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yo when you find a chopped cheese sammich made the proper way there's nothing better. These hipster ? out of their element. Glad for the backlash.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is a problem to y'all?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    And this is a problem to y'all?

My only problem is these crackas GOING into the the business world apologetic...

They won't last long
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You can get all sentimental about someone else's business or start your own. The world constantly changes. Keep up or get left behind. Those vending machine bodegas ain't going anywhere. They are here to stay.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Bulletproof glass around the counter with the candy and lollipops and shot through the glass.

Cigarettes and blunt wraps behind the middle aged not giving a ? Spanish guy

The ? in the store saying "Ayo how much is this?"

? complaing how the Arizona's price in here is $1.25 then they tell the ? behind the counter it says $1 on the can and thats all I'm paying

Freezer full of the regular ices and then the giant thick ones that you gonna have in your hand waiting to melt for like 15 mins

The bubbalicious in various flavors

This store the only one in town that actually got the tropical Skittles not the nasty purple bag joints

If you lucky this the corner store you can get a bacon egg and cheese croissant

8 ? standing outside doing NOTHING all day

200.gif

Yes, get them purple joints outta here...

And I don't think anyone said they don't know what a bodega is... they just dont call it that anywhere else...
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    You can get all sentimental about someone else's business or start your own. The world constantly changes. Keep up or get left behind. Those vending machine bodegas ain't going anywhere. They are here to stay.
    So be a part of gentrification is your point?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Change=gentrification?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont believe you guys. how can you have seen the movie half baked and not know what a bodega is?

we know what it is, just nobody else calls it that

just the "hood store" or corner store
  • HafBayked
    Options
    I think the people that would buy ? outta that box are the ones that pass by the bodegas for chain stores anyway

they can have that ? just call it something else....hipsters love ringy ? ...call em life lockers or petty pantrys and donate 1c of every dollar spent to the ASPCA
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man they can get that weak ? out of here .
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Change=gentrification?

do you know what a bodega is?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean when cars came out it killed the horse carriage business. Trains killed trade caravans.

Cant stop change.

Dont mean you gotta like it and cant talk ? tnough.
  • Beta
    Options
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye beta...aint babeslippss ya peeps?

get her bro
  • Beta
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    aye beta...aint babeslippss ya peeps?

get her bro

You must have them confused..
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I mean when cars came out it killed the horse carriage business. Trains killed trade caravans.

Cant stop change.

Dont mean you gotta like it and cant talk ? tnough.

Some change doesn't have to happen.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gentrification is real man.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So y'all complaining about the ppl that own he corner stores not being black being pushed out and now y'all mad at that?

Can't win with y'all ?
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell naw. If I can't buy two loose Newports, 1 quarter water, and order a bomb ass sandwich while tellin the old immigrant lady behind the desk how fine she is at 3:30AM in my houseshoes then I want no part of this. These 'tech' ? need regulations.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So y'all complaining about the ppl that own he corner stores not being black being pushed out and now y'all mad at that?

Can't win with y'all ?

folk lol......

nobody is clearing a path for the black owned stores to set up....its cutting everybody out

the back lash coming from blacks in those communities is mostly due to the times right now.....all minorities are kinda sticking up for each other right now

yeah, we may not understand why Abdul and them can pop up and the whole family own stores in months, and we may even complain about it being in our communities, but I think this is everyone saying they'd rather spend money with them and keep the neighborhood cornerstones, then to see them wiped out and replaced with ? like this and/or worse a damn starbucks.....its just the beginning of the "clean up"