What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is Anyone Checking For Wii U

13»

Replies

• focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coppin mine tomorrow :D \:D/

• earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    won't your 30+ xbl girlfriends wonder where you went?
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
    genocidecutterVulcanRavenex-soldier
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,657 Regulator
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    I wonder what took so long? Its not like they were sold out.

This nigga here LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOOOOLOLOLOLL
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    VulcanRaven
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,657 Regulator
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Sion. wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I dunno if its just me but this Wii U bullshit seems like one big ass gimmick. I think initially it will have allot of hype and stores will sell out quick. But i think after 6 to 8 months aint nobody really gunna be checking for it. The Wii went ham last gen and had a demand for around 2 years where stores were sold out or had a low count.

But i think as the video game market has seemed to die down slightly the past for years (as people get more hype over smart phones and tablets) The Wii U just wont be anything special.

The bolded is why I don't think it'll sell as well. Iuno tech companies all over are feeling the pinch not just video games - Dell's numbers dropped, RIM, HP for the very first time took a huge loss, Sony is taking a beating just recently we saw Google see a big drop in earnings too (I think Apple is next :( to feel it). I think w/ Europe (as well as Japan) being in the shitter it's one of Nintendo's biggest markets and it's gonna affect their sales. I could be wrong but I think the Wii U may not sell as good this time around. I think it'll be a hit but I don't see it outselling the original Wii.

But shit who knows.... if only I had a crystal ball LOL

Why are economies always in the shitter? Is it due to poor leadership and decisions, or are there flaws in the economic systems themselves?

It's not always like that.... Sometimes it's one of the other but most of the time it's both. Europe & Japan had it rough this decade. Europe tried to make the United States of Europe and that didn't work out and Japan ? They simply had bad fortune :( recessions from issues of the past, hurricanes, earthquakes, then more recessions from those. It's a shame. There was a huge flaw in Europe's economic system in that they designed a Union with no fiscal policy (they decided to form a union with european countries and the big countries gave out their credit cards to the little ones and told them spend to their hearts content so they can grow their economies - well unfortunately they did except the no one put together a policy just incase they went over the credit limit SMH). The gaming industry and the technology industry will probably slow down a little b/c Europe and Japan are HUGE markets for them both to sell goods to and for research and development.

Overall this isn't something you can avoid, it really boils down to human nature, when we have it too good we get spoiled and greedy and in over our heads then fall off. When we fall off times are hard but we always get back to the top. It's a cycle in economics - expansion, peak, contraction (recession), trough, etc. That's just the game or the nature of things.... and no one is immune to it.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    RespectedGENlUS
  • PILL_COSBYPILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING! ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting till the price drop and they start actually dropping "wii U" games and games specifically designed for wii U tech. I havn't bought a system on launch since PS1 and N64. Ever since then it seems like nobody has a good amount of launch titles and systems always have problems they should have fixed before launch.

After the price drop I will be waiting on

GTA 5 (rumor has it, it's not gonna be a port with upgrades. built to wii U tech/power)

Smash brothers

Zelda

Mario

Metroid

The new Metal gear (it's coming back home)

They fucking with 3rd party developers heavy again so I'll be waiting on those also.

zx8wa8.jpg
    Who said I'm a snitch? You just heard a lie from him/
    Better check the black and white, that paperwork will vouch for him/
    Zero toleration for that nigga, take his life from him/
    He don't want that pistol play? Okay I'll Mike Tyson him

• VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi metal gear started on the msx2 ...ground zero will not be on the wiiu.Kojima has never made a game for the Nintendo console.Other games released on the console had nothing to do with him like mgs remake for the GC.GTA will not show up either as it never has before besided the DS.You need to do your homework the WiiU is not getting much third party support
    ohhhlagenocidecutter
  • PILL_COSBYPILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING! ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Fyi metal gear started on the msx2 ...ground zero will not be on the wiiu.Kojima has never made a game for the Nintendo console.Other games released on the console had nothing to do with him like mgs remake for the GC.GTA will not show up either as it never has before besided the DS.You need to do your homework the WiiU is not getting much third party support
    LOL I will address this in a few months and gta will be on the wii u(u mad?). I had metal gear on nintendo waaaaaay back in the day bruh.

zx8wa8.jpg

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the reason i might not ever get the wii u is because the 3rd party will not be shit. I doubt GTA5 gunna be worth buying a wii u nor will most 3rd party games. Why would devs work on a wii u game when they could sell more games on ps3 xbox and it would be easier to make.

I copped snes n64 and gamecube back in the day but im not copping a wii u cause its a gimmick that wont have top notch 3rd party support. Plus the original series i.e. zelda/mario party/mario bros imo are played the fuck out. i would rather play super mario 64 or dk 64 or ocirana of time on my n64 than play some beefed of graphics version on the wii u.

shit i was playing diddy kong rancing 6 months ago and that shit was goat compared to the newer mario karts.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    edited January 2013
    the reason i might not ever get the wii u is because the 3rd party will not be shit. I doubt GTA5 gunna be worth buying a wii u nor will most 3rd party games. Why would devs work on a wii u game when they could sell more games on ps3 xbox and it would be easier to make.

I copped snes n64 and gamecube back in the day but im not copping a wii u cause its a gimmick that wont have top notch 3rd party support. Plus the original series i.e. zelda/mario party/mario bros imo are played the fuck out. i would rather play super mario 64 or dk 64 or ocirana of time on my n64 than play some beefed of graphics version on the wii u.

shit i was playing diddy kong rancing 6 months ago and that shit was goat compared to the newer mario karts.
    LOL all speculation bruh, it's early as fuck. No systems since the n64/playstation 1 era has had a solid launch lineup. You got to wait and judge bruh. You can tell people have hate in their blood acting like they already know what's gonna happen lol.
    zx8wa8.jpg

focus

LOL all speculation bruh, it's early as fuck. No systems since the n64/playstation 1 era has had a solid launch lineup. You got to wait and judge bruh. You can tell people have hate in their blood acting like they already know what's gonna happen lol.

money makes the world go round and the more niggas with a certain console the more money you make. that will solve how devs make 3rd party games. the og wii blew past ps3 and 360 right out the starting turn and still had so so 3rd party incorporation that was half assed. If the wii u is still in stores and not sold out its clear that devs aren't gunna go ham on 3rd party games.

Watch when ps4 and xbox 720 come out the call or duty's oblivions maddens nba 2k's and GTA's will be better for the sony and microsoft brands.
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah i'll wait 2 years to buy a used one from gamestop for$ 99.99
    genocidecutter
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what took so long? Its not like they were sold out.

LOL god damn shots shots shots
    edited January 2013
    my thing is how do classic nintendo games benifit from a tablet? Is it me or are the mario remakes getting old? Why the fuck do you want me to get another version or mario kart or mario party? If anything the classic games on wii and now wii u just make me wanna play the games on n 64 or nes or gamecube not blow a shit ton of money on a new console just to play a remake on a fucking flat screen.
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my thing is how do classic nintendo games benifit from a tablet? Is it me or are the mario remakes getting old? Why the fuck do you want me to get another version or mario kart or mario party? If anything the classic games on wii and now wii u just make me wanna play the games on n 64 or nes or gamecube not blow a shit ton of money on a new console just to play a remake on a fucking flat screen.
    It doesnt its just a gimmick.I will ger one when it hits $99 which wont be long for Zelda and DK in HD.