What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Samuel L Jackson: Hollywood Avoids Real Issues of Racism

2

Replies

  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    But he would rather coon in Django Unchained


    Whatever nigga

    Yet he has done other roles where he played strong black man. its called range. WTF u talkin bout.

    and dont act like there weren't coon house niggas that acted like the one he played in Django. cant avoid history

    Young StefBIGG WILLGhostdenithegawd
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see someone tackle the issue of racism in Hollywood, and mainstream media. Make a movie about that. Be direct
    Young Stef
  • Meta_ConsciousMeta_Conscious Hypocrite The BashmentPosts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how ppl say "there were characters like Uncle Ruckus in history"...
    What historical literature suggest this? Were there cases of Stockholm syndrome? Perhaps
    where are these historical narratives describing the full coon characters like Steven, Uncle Ruckus?
    Young StefAjackson17xxCivicxx
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when was QT, Spike Lee. Everybody got their own lane. Nothing that QT has ever done suggests he's capable of making or producing the kinda film you're suggesting.

    And Tyler Perry has gotten rich off of producing the fluffy crap that the masses eat up. Doing the same thing with real historical movies isn't as easy. Tell me, which has sold more ringtone rap or conscious rap. Who's more famous Drake or Dead Prez?

    Well you have a point if sam was just in it for the money

    But if he sincerely wanted to make a movie that tackles race and inspire change he could do it... with his connects and pedigree Im sure with enough will power he could go the independent route and get it done...like a dead prez

    And qt has his lane...but we're talking about how sam contradicted himself...by accepting his role in django he became apart of the problem of which hes now rallying against...I dunno made these last 2, 3 yrs his views have changed
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allergens wrote: »
    then build a film studio with other wealthy black actors and tell the story

    It's not that simple. You can make the studio, but can you market the movies and will they be successful? George Lucas already spoke on it. He said that making good movies that show more of the history and truth for blacks and other minorities isn't hard because no one wants to tell those stories. It's hard because they believe they can't sell those stories to the general movie going public which is mostly white in this country and don't give a fuck about the real truth of the history of minorities.

    I can understand George Lucas having that excuse, this shit ain't his problem, and he can't relate to whats at stake.
    But black hollywood... they should be looking pass that.

    Going with GL's logic, a black film staff won't do it because they can't make money off it. Given the state of things, and the fact that they know shit's bad out here, for them to let money be an issue, when they are already millionaires 5 times over, continuing to go along with hollywoods bullshit, and they won't tell the truth cause it has no monetary value?

    If the only thing stopping them is not benefiting financially, they are sell outs. If they are concerned with appeasing white folks after all this bullshit, they are coons. If they don't give a fuck about staying true to their own roots and telling the truth, they are snakes.

    So what if they don't make millions or the film isn't a worldwide blockbuster. This is just the right thing to do, cause it won't happen if we don't make it happen. Fuck the money, niggas having price tags is part of the reason we're in this shit.
    Young Stefaneed123Noodles McGrowciousBeleeDatPleighboy
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allergens wrote: »
    then build a film studio with other wealthy black actors and tell the story

    Mannnnnn stfu with this shit
    rocket-2.gif
    KingFreeman
  • But he would rather coon in Django Unchained


    Whatever nigga

    A valid point is made here...

    Debatable. Django wasn't intended to have much of a message as far as I can see. It was just a gory story, like all of Tarantino's work. 12 years a slave seems like it was trying to have a message, and sam is just criticizing the relevance that message has for the 21st century.

    Noodles McGrowcious
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    But he would rather coon in Django Unchained


    Whatever nigga

    Yet he has done other roles where he played strong black man. its called range. WTF u talkin bout.


    c/s

    acv3md.jpg


    2gse8vd.jpg
    marc123
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 14,063 Regulator
    Good. Racists stay using Sam jack, will and denzel as their response to Hollywood not being racist.
    Noodles McGrowcious
  • MasterJayN100MasterJayN100 real niggaz move in silence Somewhere in this Big Ol WorldPosts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this movie should make blacks look at themselves and change their mental thinking
    hollywood mocked us for too long.now it's time for blacks to start making movies and shows that wont have us looking stupid.not all blacks live in the ghetto.not all of us kiss the ass of white people etc..
    tumblr_opab9ws8vL1ta5iimo1_500.gif
    #1hiphopjunki3Noodles McGrowciousmarc123
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    What about a nat turner movie?

    Ppl always say this but. ....... . He wasn't successful. U know that right?

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    What about a nat turner movie?

    Ppl always say this but. ....... . He wasn't successful. U know that right?

    Nat Turner's Rebellion was a slave rebellion that took place in Southampton County, Virginia, during August 1831 Led by Nat Turner, rebel slaves killed anywhere from 55 to 65 people, the highest number of fatalities caused by any slave uprising in the American South. The rebellion was put down within a few days, but Turner survived in hiding for more than two months afterwards


    Harriet Tubman didn't free every slave. Was she not successful?
    acv3md.jpg


    2gse8vd.jpg
    Arya TsaddiqMeta_ConsciousDarkRaidenAjackson17
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    What about a nat turner movie?

    Ppl always say this but. ....... . He wasn't successful. U know that right?

    Nat Turner's Rebellion was a slave rebellion that took place in Southampton County, Virginia, during August 1831 Led by Nat Turner, rebel slaves killed anywhere from 55 to 65 people, the highest number of fatalities caused by any slave uprising in the American South. The rebellion was put down within a few days, but Turner survived in hiding for more than two months afterwards


    Harriet Tubman didn't free every slave. Was she not successful?

    Whites then killed over 200 slaves and passed laws that made slaves lives worse.


    And you're not gonna sit there and say harriet Tubman was unsuccessful cmon.



    North America never had a successful slave rebellion anyway

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


    Arya TsaddiqxxCivicxx
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    what? You sure the author didn't change some words around and shit? Cause this is the same dude on a interview for when he did Django Unchained, trying to get the interviewer to say nigga. Now the flip flop...I'm moving along here.

    And yall niggas need to start putting this race shit in its proper forum...R and R. Shit is getting mad old. This is all you can talk about? Feminism and racism? You have nothing else to offer to the community besides that? Or yall don't want to deal with janklow's ass??? lol

    The principle, YOUR academics inadmissiable
    You're indefensible, my style is so comprehensible
    Cats take it to heart like a ventricle
    You temporary like a weather pattern
    Forgot. I'm like you never happened
    Don't never say whatever happened to Mos?
    My light shine boast from the East to the Left Coast..


    199164-Akira.jpg
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    what? You sure the author didn't change some words around and shit? Cause this is the same dude on a interview for when he did Django Unchained, trying to get the interviewer to say nigga. Now the flip flop...I'm moving along here.

    And yall niggas need to start putting this race shit in its proper forum...R and R. Shit is getting mad old. This is all you can talk about? Feminism and racism? You have nothing else to offer to the community besides that? Or yall don't want to deal with janklow's ass??? lol

    This thread is better than most of the stupid shit that gets posted in this supposedly grown subforum

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


    ReppinTimeA Talented One
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    what? You sure the author didn't change some words around and shit? Cause this is the same dude on a interview for when he did Django Unchained, trying to get the interviewer to say nigga. Now the flip flop...I'm moving along here.

    And yall niggas need to start putting this race shit in its proper forum...R and R. Shit is getting mad old. This is all you can talk about? Feminism and racism? You have nothing else to offer to the community besides that? Or yall don't want to deal with janklow's ass??? lol

    This thread is better than most of the stupid shit that gets posted in this supposedly grown subforum

    To me it isn't. It's the same thing. Over and over again. Shit needs to start going to R and R. I'm come into the GNS to talk about other shit. It was cool in the beginning but its old now. Take it to the R and R. Niggas have no creative ideas for threads no more so they look for these topics.

    But let it be about some black kids excelling or doing some revolutionary shit...no one checks that thread.

    The principle, YOUR academics inadmissiable
    You're indefensible, my style is so comprehensible
    Cats take it to heart like a ventricle
    You temporary like a weather pattern
    Forgot. I'm like you never happened
    Don't never say whatever happened to Mos?
    My light shine boast from the East to the Left Coast..


    199164-Akira.jpg
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    What about a nat turner movie?

    Ppl always say this but. ....... . He wasn't successful. U know that right?

    Nat Turner's Rebellion was a slave rebellion that took place in Southampton County, Virginia, during August 1831 Led by Nat Turner, rebel slaves killed anywhere from 55 to 65 people, the highest number of fatalities caused by any slave uprising in the American South. The rebellion was put down within a few days, but Turner survived in hiding for more than two months afterwards


    Harriet Tubman didn't free every slave. Was she not successful?

    Whites then killed over 200 slaves and passed laws that made slaves lives worse.


    And you're not gonna sit there and say harriet Tubman was unsuccessful cmon.



    North America never had a successful slave rebellion anyway


    Whites were going to kill and make shit worse for Black People anyway. That's just how the Oppressor works. Same shit Happened with the Black Panther Party. Laws and shit were changed and in many cases Black People were killed simply because Black people were standing up to themselves.


    You clearly missed the point about Tubman. In the entire scope of things, Nat Turner was not going have a successful rebellion, by killing every single white person, or even every slave master in the South, in the same way we would never judge Tubmans success on the fact that she did not free every single slave.



    acv3md.jpg


    2gse8vd.jpg
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nat turner was successful because he killed a bunch of white people?

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


    A Talented One
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nat turner was successful because he killed a bunch of white people?



    You made the 1st claim that he wasn't successful. So, in your mind, what would have made his slave rebellion a success?

    acv3md.jpg


    2gse8vd.jpg
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    So nat turner was successful because he killed a bunch of white people?



    You made the 1st claim that he wasn't successful. So, in your mind, what would have made his slave rebellion a success?

    See Gasper Yanga, the Haiti an Revolution and Jamaican Maroon Wars

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


    A Talented One
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    So nat turner was successful because he killed a bunch of white people?



    You made the 1st claim that he wasn't successful. So, in your mind, what would have made his slave rebellion a success?

    See Gasper Yanga, the Haiti an Revolution and Jamaican Maroon Wars


    If you actually know about Yanga then you know that, that was a completely different situation than what we were dealing with in the American South.

    Haiti is only 10,715 sq miles. For comparison, just 1 state in FLorida is 65,755 sq miles. Thats 6 times bigger and I am not including the entire south. Again, two completely different situations. Or did you expect Turner and his band of slaves to overthrow all of the south? (I already made mention of this earlier in the thread)

    As far as the Maroon Wars are concerned, Jamaica is not even half the size of Haiti and again a completely different situation Turners.



    Now, if Turner could have broken away with a bunch of other Slaves in some far off mountainous area and live separately by themselves for 20-30 years and only had 10k sq miles to deal then yea, I could see your point. But like I said earlier, when you take the entire scope of the situation comparing this to that is completely different.



    acv3md.jpg


    2gse8vd.jpg
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are saying Nat Turner was successful?

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are saying Nat Turner was successful?

    Am I?

    acv3md.jpg


    2gse8vd.jpg
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    So you are saying Nat Turner was successful?

    Am I?

    So not your going to post nonsense because you can't disprove or produce an argument. Good for you bruh bruh

    LvbxPzB.gif

    tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989


Sign In or Register to comment.