Is Steph Curry a Top 5 All Time PG ... Today?

Options
Peace_79
Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
Premise
blu197 wrote: »

[Steph Curry is already a Top 5 PG All Time...]

Again tell me what Mark Price,KJ,Frazier,Tim Hardaway ...

[Steve Nash, Pistol Pete, John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Bob Cousy, Chris Paul, Zeke, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Tony Parker, Dave Bing, Nate Archibald ...etc]

...did for the game so i can have a good laugh or you're full of ? and need ? ....

You really want to have his debate, ? ? ... Okay then...

The Argument

Crude_ wrote: »
Curry the 3rd PG to win MVP and lead his team to title, Cousy and Magic being the 1st and 2nd,and with all the 3PT records he broke and leading his team to 67 wins, this season right here puts him top 5 PG All time..

And he's 6 seasons in..

Nah homie he'll have to do this longer.

He's going to have to do more I'd expect him to get back to the finals and at least compete for another title or two as alpha dog as well.

What more does have to do to be considered top 5 PG All Time? GS had a historic season, led them a title in nearly half a century, set 3pt NBA records in the regular season and playoffs,first PG since Magic to win MVP and title in one season, leader of a te full of Rookies to win the title hasn't been done since Jordan in '91, 3rd most wins total in NBA history behind 95-96 and 96-97 Bulls, generally accepted as the GOAT shooter...

What PG other than Zeke,Magic and Big O would you take over him at this point?

The Rebuttal

Peace_79 wrote: »
Curry only had one good year? Yeah lotta cats just exposed themselves with that one smh. Curry has been a monster the past 4 years...and if it weren't for naggin injuries, Monta Ellis, and a few incompetent coaches (I'm looking at U Keith Smart ) he would've been on this level a lot quicker.

Dude just had the best season, metrically, than any other pg in history, yes, even better than a peak Magic....it's laughable he's even compared to the likes of a ? Tim Hardaway, KJ and Mark Price lmaooo...GP, understandable but even then he never had a writer season than Curry's last 2.

Dumb ? talkin out how long he's been in he league...Lemme ask U, after LB 6th season before he even one a chip, was he already not better than say, a Reggie Miller, Sprewell, Glen. Rice, Dominique, etc..oh ? k then!

So wtf can't Steph already be considered better than peons like Timmy, KJ and Price?

U new ? disgust me...word.

Fun fact...Curry continues at this pace and he's finishing as the best pg of all time, period.

#dealwitit

Jesus people. I shouldnt have to argue this ... I'll just spoiler the obvious...

So, Quick question -

Has Curry been a "monster" for 4 years?

Or 3 years including this one?

nbd8w4.jpg

Because he didn't even break 6 APG until 12-13'
That's table stakes for a "monster" / top 5 PG All time right?

Atleast 6 assists? Okay good.
And btw, Save your excuses for Curry not getting to this level quicker... If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. If we are playing the "if game" then, ? , my cousin in FL should be in the Hall of Fame.

So after 3 very good years... Only 3. Steph averages

24-4-8

An excellent stat line to be sure.

Now lets look at the best 3 year stretches of some of the "peons" that yall think are'nt fit to hold Steph's shoes.

Kevin Johnson

22-4-11

Chris Paul

21-4-11

Gary Payton

21-4-11

John Stockton

17-3-14

Steve Nash

18-3-11

Bob Cousy

20-5-8

Mark Price

18-5-9

These guys also sustained similar great play for 8+ years .. not 3.

And you are not taking into account several clutch performances, 1st and 2nd team selections, All Star Nods, quality of competition they faced etc. Not to mention, entire facets of the game ... How many of those guys averaged less assists than Steph... I'll wait...

So Steph is more potent on defense than ALL of those guys, huh?....

Lets not even mention the other factors that influence stats - such as the era, or style of play.

Do you think that teams always shot this many threes per game?
Teams shoot 7 times as many as they did in the 90s. They shot even less before then.

Guards are also at the core of the NBA offense now... not so in the past.

You people talk like stats are the end all be all.
Did you actually watch tape of any of the players you mentioned?

Some of them helped change the way the point guard position is played and opened the door for an NBA that centers around gaurds rather than post men.

-Gary Payton's tenacious defense and gamesmanship
-Mark Price's - impossibly neat game and lethal Pull up jumper
-Chris Paul's control over the game and mastery of the PG position
-Steve Nash' ridiculous court vision and array of trick shots

Come on man. The NBA didnt begin in 2009.

NO ONE is denying that Steph is great and is on is way to being one of the greatest players the league has seen...
But he has to prove it first... it isnt given.

I shouldnt have to explain to you why Steph is not in the Hall of Fame yet. He is 27 years old ... and has had three years of great stats ... and one spectacular season... one.
This isnt rocket science.

And to answer your question, no didn't put Bron over the majority of greats before he had multiple chips. Because, plenty of dudes have put up stats. How many have done it consistently with the accomplishments to back it up? Thats what earns you a spot as an elite All time player.
Not a few great seasons and a couple fanboys on a message board.

What sayest you, IC?

Is Steph Curry dapping up Magic, Isaiah, and the Big O on the All Time list after 3 great seasons?

isiah-thomas-nyk1.jpg

po9vj01h4w1azzo.png

oscar-robertson-280x222c.jpg

Is Steph Curry a Top 5 All Time PG ... Today? 35 votes

YES! Steph is already a LEGEND in the Top 5
5%
WhoisDonG???dasmooth1 2 votes
The ? ? ... Give that dude some time to cook
94%
southsil4lilMillzOGafromoplaymaker88ethosS2Jmiamivice305soul rattlerthe ghostd.greenbless the childSo ILLIbexiron man1MasteryLPastits....JOHN BNothingButTheTruthMister B.Bulletproof Wallets 33 votes

Comments

• Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    0/10 thread.

Curry's advanced stats ? on all of those players, save CP#...ws, vom, ts%, Ortg, etc he has em by a mile...but most u peons only look at raw numbers, we're he is better than them as well the past 3 yrs.

Curry just posed a PER of 28....higher than anyone of those peons ever did in their ringless careers.

Only thing they have on him is assts, which is easy since they have a higher usage rate than him and wre the primary ballhandlers on their ringless teams, where as Curry plays off the ball at times.

? thread like I said....Curry >>> KJ >>> TH >>>Price >>> one hand bandit Cousy.

Arguments can be made for GP and CP3, although with an MVP and a ring I think he gets the nod over both...word.
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options
    0/10 thread huh?

Because it is an indisputable FACT that he is a Top 5 point guard All Time after 3 great seasons.

BTW, Curry was "ringless" less than a week ago... And FYI, he isn't the only reason the Dubbs won the chip
    - have you heard the term "injuries" before?
    - or the phrase "historically deep and talented team"?

-And I guess because Curry doesn't have them in abundance, Assists are EASY to come by now huh? LMAO.
    -And Individual Defense is not important anymore either?

What about poise in big moments?

News Flash, for a few games an undrafted player named Dellavadova gave Curry the business defensively...

How do you think KJ would have done guarding him?
    -what about Gary Payton
    -John Stockton
    -Jason Kidd

Better yet, how well is Curry going to stop any of them?

I'll wait...

Oh but "advanced stats" and "PER" means Curry is a ? after three seasons of great play... Okay

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before i utter a word on this , i have faith this won't get off the ground. I hope yall dont let me down
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options

Peace_79 wrote: »
    0/10 thread huh?

Because it is an indisputable FACT that he is a Top 5 point guard All Time after 3 great seasons.

BTW, Curry was "ringless" less than a week ago... And FYI, he isn't the only reason the Dubbs won the chip
    - have you heard the term "injuries" before?
    - or the phrase "historically deep and talented team"?

-And I guess because Curry doesn't have them in abundance, Assists are EASY to come by now huh? LMAO.
    -And Individual Defense is not important anymore either?

What about poise in big moments?

News Flash, for a few games an undrafted player named Dellavadova gave Curry the business defensively...

How do you think KJ would have done guarding him?
    -what about Gary Payton
    -John Stockton
    -Jason Kidd

Better yet, how well is Curry going to stop any of them?

I'll wait...

Oh but "advanced stats" and "PER" means Curry is a ? after three seasons of great play... Okay

If I told U Curry played better D than both defensive juggernauts such as CP3 and Russ U wouldn't believe me, but yea he did, by a considerable margin, go to NBA reference and check for urself.

So on top of becoming an avg to good defender, he's leaps and bounds the offensive player those clowns U mentioned are, and quite frankly the most efficient wing scorer since MJ and KD, that's right, he's the 3rd best wing scorer of all time, scorer as in volume/efficiency...not scorer as In guys like AI etc...that avg 30 on 38fg shooting and 27fga...Ur not a good scorer, Ur just a nut.

Those guys U named are not generational talents, they are easily duplicated, Nuffn more than Lillard, Wall, and Kyries of their era....where as a player of Curry's pedigree has yet to be seen and prolly won't be seen again for the foreseeable future.

He's the only player on the history of the game that is as dangerous with the ball in his hands as he is without, in addition To being needed to be heavily defended deeper than any player in history, since he is capable, and will shoot an uncontested 3 from 27 feet out....and make it lmao...what those guys would get sent to the bench for Curry does effortlessly and not a fan. Soul can say anything about it, coach, teammate, owner or gm lmao

Not even MJ needed to be accounted for at that distance, a defender could be in an upright position and take a breather if jordan had the ball in his hands that deep...same goes for kobe, LB, and all the other great scorers the game has seen.

Ur witnessing greatness, don't take it for granted...word.

• Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    And lol at Any of those bozos guarding him...last I remember Mahmoud abdulbrauf, who is a poor man's curry was Droppin 50 on Stockton, van exel was torching GP with regularity, and CP3 owned Kidd for an entire series...no one can guard Curry, past, present, or future...ask Delle bout him after he was duped imo believing he can guard him bcuz he was off for one game lmaooo clowns...from the 4th quarter of game 3 to the end of the series curry shot 53% from 3....great D Delle!!!
  • Peace_79
    Options
    -"Curry is the 3rd best wing scorer of All Time"

- [Hall of a Fame Legends] are "Bozos" and "clowns", "easily duplicated", comparable to John Wall...

- "Not even MJ... [Can match Curry's offensive prowess] "

- "No one can guard Curry past, present or future..."

- " [Curry is]... Better on Defense than CP3 and Russel Westbrook..."

Keep going... keep going

Dig%20hole5.jpg
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let this dumb ? tell it, Curry actually ? around be the best player ever to play the game
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Bruh....
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    Says Mark price, 3x all star nothing else on his resume, KJ 4x all star, nothing else on his resume, Tim Hardaway 5x all star with nothing else on his resume is better than the commonly acknowledged "greatest shooter Of all time",first team all NBA'er (none of those guys ever were in their ring less careers), league MVP and NBA champion....but ok cool lmaooo

They wanna give me their ? opinions while I give em facts that can't be disputed (curry had a higher def rating than both russ and cp3 this year)....and metrically the best season of any pg in history when U take efficiency, per, vom, ws into account.

Led his team to 83 wins total (playoffs and reg season combined), which happens to be the 3rd most in the HISTORY of he NBA...but KJ, hardaway and price are better lmaoooo...now i remember whyvi awks only post in his ? sub forum...raw stats, advanced stats, and Ur own ? eyes suggest that Curryvis better Han all of the aforementioned players smh

As for the other bozo, no, Curry can't be the best to ever do it, that's MJ, but I won't put being the 2nd best past him...word.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I'm just amazed that ? shouting out my ? , well homie..Mark Price.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    Oh...and curry was all NBA 1st team at the pg spot...fun fact...if he wanted to play off guard next year he would end up being 1s team all NBA at that spot lmaoooo

Who else could be the best pg, and if they wanted to be the best SG as well...unheard of.

But when Ur a hybrid of Nash and R Miller that's expected.

Curry = Nash/Miller...on steroids....facts.

2 HOF rolled into one.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is that that always say it, bdb

its our fault for entertaining these troll/? ? bruh, i kno i cant help myself at times cuz im petty.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    @peezy_jenkins this ? is just fascinating to me
  • coop9889
    Options
    Now Curry is the 2nd best player of all time

This ?
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    What's that I smell? Ahhh...victory.

When they can't give U anything other than their meaningless opinions, that's when U won lol...no facts have been presented on their part yet...aside from so and so played 11 years won no chips or MVPs, but made 4 all star games and a few 3rd team all NBA teams lmaooo.

To put an end to the thread Curry's peak (and he will get better) is higher than any pg that was mentioned in this thread.

Only pg's to be generally acknowledged as a top 3 PLAYER in the game at one point or another are Magic, Big O, Cp3 and Curry.

GP, Nash, Kidd (maybe him), TH, KJ, Price, Frazier, Isiah, etc were never, ever, at any point considered a top 3 player in the game in their respective eras..../thread.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tell me u not in here bragging bout "winning" online

did u get a prize?
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Now Curry is the 2nd best player of all time

This ?

Oh ? ... So he jumped over Magic, Isiah and the Big O, in the span of a few hours... During the off season

Not bad... Not bad at all
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way in hell....tumblr_npohqag4aI1sbzhteo1_400_zpshldmg0n5.gif

Nah can't be real.....
    get-4_zpsrn1mxtkw.gif

? outta here
    get-5_zpseklmu4wv.gif
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This has been very enlightening.

You have already "proven" that I after three great years of his short career, Steph Curry has amassed a body of work that allows him To surpass nearly every Hall of Fame PG ( I saw you refer to Isiah Thomas as a "clown", I apologize for putting him in the same breath as Curry). We have also learned that Steph has already risen above 99.9% of NBA players past... Present... And future.

Thank goodness for basketball reference.com...

But why stop there?

You started to allude to how Jordan's game cowers In the face of Curry's.
    I mean, MJ Was worse at shooting free throws and three pointers...
    His daughter isn't even as cute as Riley...
    Hell, he isn't even light skinned...

I am eager to learn more...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I could see this coming true whether he wins another ring or not barring injury, but ? ... Classic prisoner of the moment
  • Peace_79
    edited June 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Before i utter a word on this , i have faith this won't get off the ground. I hope yall dont let me down
    Lol @S2J we got enough altitude yet?
  • Peace_79
    Options
    BTW, here are a few more "peons" to add to the list

Russel Westbrook and Tony Parker

I know, Westbrook had a horrible season this year - not much talent or potential...
    And Parker has no resume to speak of...

But we have to be comprehensive in our analysis
  • coop9889
    Options
    Tony parker cant shoot the 3 well. How dare you mention him in the same breath as curry
  • Peace_79
    Options
    And lol at Any of those bozos guarding him...last I remember Mahmoud abdulbrauf, who is a poor man's curry was Droppin 50 on Stockton, van exel was torching GP with regularity, and CP3 owned Kidd for an entire series...no one can guard Curry, past, present, or future...ask Delle bout him after he was duped imo believing he can guard him bcuz he was off for one game lmaooo clowns...from the 4th quarter of game 3 to the end of the series curry shot 53% from 3....great D Delle!!!

Oh, it was just That Steph had some "Off games"... Nothing to do with the defense ... How convenient...
    The Finals are a great time to have some "Off games" for a Top 5 All Time PG, huh

And lmao at the notion that great defenders have never been lit up by prolific scorers / talented players on occasion... Great straw man's argument to color your opinion

Here are some facts:

Gary Payton -
    -1st Team All NBA Defense
    9 Times

- 1996 Defensive Player of the Year

Since you love your precious statistics, how many times do you think Steph Curry will make 1st Team All Defense in his career? ... What about DPOY?

Surely more than this "peon" right?

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously?