Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People

Options

Comments

• gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

The article is presented as anti-black man and who says good black men are complicit with our sisters being mistreated? Is there somebody keeping track? Or is this a generalization/propaganda to push an anti black male (really an anti male period) agenda

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

Does this make black women the white women of black people?

actually yes.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    I was just talking to my wife about the b.e.t. black girls rock show and how afrocentric they portray it. When its the young boys who need that encouragement the most. Our initiation is "have you got some ? yet young ? ?" that's our rights of passage, the only industry that nurtures the black youth is sports

So that poisonous mindframe, who perpetuates that, who is there telling that young black man that ? ? generally speaking of course

Exactly.. We need more of a perpetuation of the opposite is what I'm saying.. And this ain't doing it sis.
  • SELASI_i
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The European mindstate has infected all of us and its up to each individual to de-program he or herself
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of black women will buy anything a white feminist or ? is selling
  • Westie
    edited September 2017
    Options
    A lot of black women will buy anything a white feminist or ? is selling

Point out the white feminist in the article?

Also, whats the need for the homophobic language?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

So if it's not all, most or even half then why is this being constantly pushed?

blk women have to take a look in the mirror as well

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

• SELASI_i
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Its from a feminist philosophy. They started that ? phrase "women are the ? of the earth" or some ? .
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While the title is a joke and obvious click bait, the author makes some good points

This passage in particular

The effects of racism—metaphysical and literal—and the existential dread and dangers felt when existing while black are not exclusive to black men and boys. They face the same racisms we do and the same doubts from whites about whether the racism actually exists that we do, and then they’re attempt to convince their brothers and partners and friends and fathers and cousins and lovers of the dangers of existing as a black woman, they’re met with the same doubts. The same resistance. The same questions. They are not believed in the (predominantly white) world or in their (predominantly black) communities. And we (black men) remain either uninterested in sincerely addressing and destructing this culture of danger and pervasive doubt or refusing to admit it even exists.

Cosign.... the title is def hyperbole for sure.
    And using a group of people who've terrorized the black community for centuries for comparison purposes is clearly non sensical... so now your just reading the passage through a filter of anger.

What I will say is the concerns raised by black women, I've seen have gone ignored or dismissed on many occasions.
    (At places like here/ or public online forums/ and in society in general, even though black woman in there 30's are one of the most highly educated groups of people in the country)
    But usually the culprit of attack is always feminism as if the grievances expressed from these moms and sisters are just some sort of homage toward "feminism".

With that said.. if you as a black woman can not find advocates amongst male family members and close male friends, then yes, theres a problem, but I don't think its a problem to ask for more support, more contribution, and more reinforcement from your black male counterparts at all.
  • Copper
    Options
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

Spoken like a true white supremacist.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *unfollows thread*
  • Copper
    Options
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

actually yes.

Which means you benefit from the privilege while complaining about it and playing the victim at the same time?
  • Westie
    Options
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

actually yes.

Which means you benefit from the privilege while complaining about it and playing the victim at the same time?

most people benefit from some form of privilege. There is a hierarchy Within sexes and sexual orientation.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

along those same lines, are there not straight black men in those protests?
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all posting in a troll thread.
  • Westie
    Options
    Procreating/ fornicating with men with misogynistic views is the biggest support/reinforcer of mysoginy there is

you have a point I have to rethink my sexual positions now.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

So if it's not all, most or even half then why is this being constantly pushed?

blk women have to take a look in the mirror as well

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Again, if it's not all, most or even half, then it's simply "some" or it could even be many but why is it constantly promoted as an accurate picture of black men as a whole?

Let's be real here, for every so called misogynistic black man, there's a woman who represents the female version of that. It's called people being ? . We gonna act like black men are just cool with black women being mistreated? But I bet we'll ignore the fact that it's way less likely for anyone to give a rats ass if a black man is getting punched slapped and kicked by a black woman, yet if he finally defends himself it's all "that's a female".

I ain't one of the dudes that mistreats my black wife, my black daughters, my black mother, aunts, nieces sisters etc. Nor are any of the brothers I surround myself with. You ain't just gonna do whatever you feel to a sister around us. I see many black men like this, yet we always talk about this unsubstantiated number of black men that doesn't amount to all, most or half.

• Westie
    Options
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

Do you mean protesting for people like them?
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Didn't Read*

No black person should be cosigning this narrative based on the title alone.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

actually yes.

most people benefit from some form of privilege. There is a hierarchy Within sexes and sexual orientation.

aka im cool with hierarchy when I benefit from it as a woman but im gonna complain about percieved misogynustic stuff cuz men benefit... thats what its really about. control and power. womwn want to be the head and its not suppossed to be like that
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

The article is presented as anti-black man and who says good black men are complicit with our sisters being mistreated? Is there somebody keeping track? Or is this a generalization/propaganda to push an anti black male (really an anti male period) agenda

forget the article for minute

i'm speaking on my own observations

for example, planned parenthood which provides vital health care services to a lot of young and or low income blk women such as pre cancer screenings is losing funding

we had a couple rallies around metro detroit back in February, the ones i attended there was barely any blk men in attendance.... no boyfriends, no husbands, no brothers, etc

what i do observe is blk men among other blk men freely pushing this narrative planned parenthood is part of some evil conspiracy to ? blk babies

or like when rick ross spoke of slipping "molly" in a woman's drink or the fact that he wouldn't sign a female rapper because he would be too tempted to "? her"...silence from most blk men
  • Westie
    Options
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

actually yes.

aka im cool with hierarchy when I benefit from it as a woman but im gonna complain about percieved misogynustic stuff cuz men benefit... thats what its really about. control and power. womwn want to be the head and its not suppossed to be like that

yeah well I don't want to be the head of the household I want to be taken care of so... Not a feminist That doesn't apply to me.

but if it did, why isn't it supposed to be like that? Because the Bible said it? Which religious texts would you like to quote?
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you mean protesting for people like them?

yes