Poly-life or nah...

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    And also, that polygamy is cool on paper, but by law a man can only have one wife. Now you might think who cares about marriage, its only a piece of paper, but it goes way deeper than that.

A wife has legal rights a gf does not. Im talking providing health care for you, tax breaks for you, getting whatever is his if there is a tragic accident, or even worse case, getting half if ? dont work out, plus way more.

Im not saying he should marry you, if he doesnt marry either one of yall its cool, but if he gets married to her, and you just the gf, you taking the short end of that stick and would be stupid to put yourself in such a disadvantageous situation.

Oh..I get it. Even though I'm not an advocate for marriage, I'd do it to ensure myself.

? marriage. Im not saying marriage is good. But you cant put yourself im a polygamous relationship where chick A is getting all the benefits.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I don't get why you had a kid and all of a sudden he doesn't want to have sex with you. You find that kind of odd did you gain weight or something no diss

Sex isn't high on his list.
    It's in my top 5.

Whats in ur top 5

Honesty.
    How he'll do with my family.
    How he spends his money.
    His goals.
    His mouth.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    Wait how sick is he?

How many kids u got by how many dudes

Detroit?

Man yo life sound awful g

3x3...9, 4, 3mo

THAT ? moved up there.
    I actually want him to move back, tbh. It'd be better for everyone.

Not awful.
    Just not what I envisioned.
    Believe me..it could be a LOT worse.

Y he sick

He has really bad IBS.
    He's been going through it for 2 years and just now getting his meds and stuff.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait how sick is he?

Detroit?

3x3...9, 4, 3mo

THAT ? moved up there.

Not awful.

What does this mean?

3 kids by 3 ? ...I think.
    Gave you they ages too
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    Wait how sick is he?

Detroit?

3x3...9, 4, 3mo

THAT ? moved up there.

Not awful.

What does this mean?

3 kids
    3 men
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where you live MPR?

im sure you can get some ? in a glass w/o all this ? you trying to bring into the situation
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    why cant you get a ? an hold the ? at night?

Because she thinks that he's a "nice guy". The minute a woman starts thinking that about her guy it's a wrap.

I actually want him to get another woman, but he doesn't think that she'll go for it.

Besides, who gets jealous over a ? who plays the game all the time???

The fact that he feels that way plays a part in you not finding him attractive anymore subconsciously I'm sure. Now I see why you labeled him a "nice guy". He's at a point in life where he's always afraid to try. Wouldn't be surprised if people pleasing is a priority to him in life and it never should be.

He needs to work on himself cause it sounds like he's got self confidence/self love issues. If he doesn't nip it in the bud that will affect his love life and everything else for the rest of his days. No matter what until that is done every woman he encounters will want to be ghost and as far away from him as possible after a while just like you right now.

I don't believe that some men want to be monogamous.
    I'd respect a man more for telling me what he is and isn't built for.
    And he's not built for poly-life.

I wouldn't call it 'people-pleasing' but some of our problems stem from the fact that he doesn't want to have an argument. For me, that's an issue.

giphy.gif

That's what happens when men become too passive. Women love conflict. That's why I stopped biting my tongue ages ago. No ? left to give.

By not speaking up and telling me details that could prevent things from happening, you are creating a problem.

I.e., I wanted to order a pizza because I had some coupons.
    I called, placed the order, and fell asleep. I would periodically wake up to see if the pizza came. Each time, he would go to the living room.
    After an HOUR AND A HALF, he tells me 'idk why you ordered from there. They always messing up our orders'. He followed up with 'I kept asking my bro if it had came and him and his gf said the same thing..they always messing up orders'.

How would I have known that they mess up orders if he hadn't spoke up?
    Whyyyy would you even let me order from them if that was the case??

The ? pmo because it was for MY SON. Smmfh
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    where you live MPR?

im sure you can get some ? in a glass w/o all this ? you trying to bring into the situation

Nashville.

And ? isn't the problem.
    It's the relationship as a whole.

Side pieces really don't exist in my world.

I want open and honesty.
    You want another woman? Cool.
    I'm going on a date? Fine.

I don't have the time or energy to be deleting text messages and using my friends as alibis.
    We gon be one big happy family in this ? .
  • AggieLean.
    Options
    Yea, worry about your current relationship right now. Do what you gone do, either stay in it or leave but get this ? under control first.

Second, I ain’t tryna be too preachy but you cool and can handle it, but I know you love sex. Get on the pill and make your ? wear a condom!
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    So, the relationship you have with your current dude is pretty much dead, as it seems you’ve moved on mentally, just not physically yet. You haven’t made your move yet because you feel sorry for him.

I don’t know about the poly thing. Just seems like a bad idea to just up and move to Detroit. It don’t even seem like he in a position to handle 4 wives, and plus he’s going to have to take care of y’alls babies too. Just seems like a bad move. There’s going to be some struggle, and it’s cold up there in the D

Not 4, just us 2.

I want to go back to school and work part-time and she wants to work, too. It's really a good thing that we want to, imo.

My biggest issue is not only the weather, but the son we have. I don't feel comfortable with taking him up there and finding a new speech therapist or school, but I know that it can be done with some work.

you gotta ask yourself how will all this yall are doing look to the kids?
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    Yea, worry about your current relationship right now. Do what you gone do, either stay in it or leave but get this ? under control first.

Second, I ain’t tryna be too preachy but you cool and can handle it, but I know you love sex. Get on the pill and make your ? wear a condom!

I'm actually against birth control, but this is the only one that I like.
  • AggieLean.
    Options
    You can still be nice and not be a pushover. Just sounds like ole dude don’t give a ? . Not wanting to talk or argue, playing the game over satisfying his girl..lowkey he being selfish as well
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    So, the relationship you have with your current dude is pretty much dead, as it seems you’ve moved on mentally, just not physically yet. You haven’t made your move yet because you feel sorry for him.

I don’t know about the poly thing. Just seems like a bad idea to just up and move to Detroit. It don’t even seem like he in a position to handle 4 wives, and plus he’s going to have to take care of y’alls babies too. Just seems like a bad move. There’s going to be some struggle, and it’s cold up there in the D

Not 4, just us 2.

I want to go back to school and work part-time and she wants to work, too. It's really a good thing that we want to, imo.

My biggest issue is not only the weather, but the son we have. I don't feel comfortable with taking him up there and finding a new speech therapist or school, but I know that it can be done with some work.

you gotta ask yourself how will all this yall are doing look to the kids?

They'd probably love it tbh.
    Think it's weird, but they get their siblings and that's all they care about.

The two youngest boys are actually best friends. My son can't talk, but his brother can. So he's got his own little translator lol
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because she thinks that he's a "nice guy". The minute a woman starts thinking that about her guy it's a wrap.

But i thought women wanted nice guys
    ns991i7v15jf.gif

Sorry-to-disappoint-Disappointing-Disappoint-GIF.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I actually want him to get another woman, but he doesn't think that she'll go for it.

Besides, who gets jealous over a ? who plays the game all the time???

The fact that he feels that way plays a part in you not finding him attractive anymore subconsciously I'm sure. Now I see why you labeled him a "nice guy". He's at a point in life where he's always afraid to try. Wouldn't be surprised if people pleasing is a priority to him in life and it never should be.

He needs to work on himself cause it sounds like he's got self confidence/self love issues. If he doesn't nip it in the bud that will affect his love life and everything else for the rest of his days. No matter what until that is done every woman he encounters will want to be ghost and as far away from him as possible after a while just like you right now.

I don't believe that some men want to be monogamous.
    I'd respect a man more for telling me what he is and isn't built for.
    And he's not built for poly-life.

I wouldn't call it 'people-pleasing' but some of our problems stem from the fact that he doesn't want to have an argument. For me, that's an issue.

could it be that you are TOO selfish?

kinda sounds like you creating a situation to have an excuse.

Ok.
    I don't understand how a person can be TOO selfish about what they want/need.

you can be too selfish......they is a thing called compromise.

i am sure he is compromising something....you just feeling like you want to have a screaming nut...ok
    once thats over...then what?

i think you should think about how you move around him....it has to be a reason.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    these hoes dumb behind that ? in the 17/18 fellas yall better smarten up.....

How so when all I keep hearing about is all the college and advance degrees these ? got and getting? They the most educated group of people in america.

No possible way they can be dumb!!!
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    You can still be nice and not be a pushover. Just sounds like ole dude don’t give a ? . Not wanting to talk or argue, playing the game over satisfying his girl..lowkey he being selfish as well

Very much so.

Now you see what I'm talking about.