Current NFL players that could be GOAT at their position?

Options
123457»

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Revis matches up against opposing teams best WRs and shuts them down.

I remember one year where he played Moss, T.O, Andre Johnson, and shut them all down.
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^co-sign, Reggie Wayne LOL, this era GOAT WR are Moss and TO....end of story
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

????

Reggie Waynes career is almost over, and he's pretty much an after thought.

Might not even make the HOF.... never mind being "up there" as far as GOAT

Wayne's 33 so he still has a few years left in him. He needs about 3,100 yards to be top 5 in yards (2,100 to be top 10). 232 catches to be top 5 (89 to be top 10). 18 TD's to be top 10 (he's not makin top 5). So how's this dude laughable when he has a legit chance finishin top 10 in every category? I already said he's not gonna be the GOAT. I said he would be up there.

There are WR's with Top 10 numbers that aren't in the HOF (Andre Reed, Chris Carter).

Reed is only top 10 in receptions, and he'll be knocked outta that within the next 2 years. And all your point really proved was that HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is. Moss and TO will probably have a tough time gettin in

They are #2 and #3 in Receiving TD's.

Moss 2007 year is legendary. Moss rookie year is legendary.

They ruled a decade of football as elite WR's. Put fear in opposing CB's.

Reggie Wayne wasn't even the #1 WR on his own team for a few years (Marvin Harisson)

You're proving my point. I said HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is, then used the fact that Moss and TO will have a tough time getting in. Not that they didn't earn a spot, but that people wont' want to put them in. I didn't say he was as good as Moss or TO. But TO's not a current NFL player, and Moss still has to make it to the season. So I didn't throw their names out there. And ya, I'm sure DB's weren't scared of Wayne puttin up 7 straight 1,000+ yard seasons.

Don't let the highlight reel tell you what's happening. Just cuz Wayne didn't get as much hype doesn't mean he wasn't beastin.

Moss and T.O were the NFL's premier Wide Receivers over the past decade. Both were flat out dominant.

Reggie Wayne wasn't even the #1 WR on the Colts until Marvin Harisson retired.

End of story.

Not true. But what's it even matter if you're the #1 or #2 really. You start and get the same number of stats. As long as you're producing doesn't really matter if you're the 1 or 2. You act like this dude put up 7 straight 1,000's but D's were like "o wait...he's the 2. don't worry bout it"

Dude... theres NOTHING about Reggie Wayne that makes me think "1st ballot HOF". He might sneak into the HOF in a weak year.... but he's not going to be up there with the GOATs.

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harisson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.

Wayne is 2nd tier after those guys... so no. He's not "up there" with the GOAT Wide outs. Reggie Wayne is not remotely close to the top of the Receiving TD's leaders..... he's a possession WR.

He's puttin up 13.6 yards/reception. Getting a lot of catches doesn't make you a possession receiver. It means you're reliable and keep the chains movin. That's a pro, not a con. And 5 years in, 3 1,000 yard seasons and Calvin Johnson's already on the same level as Rice, Owens, Moss, Harrison, and Fitz. Crowned him kinda quick...

Its about potential... Calvin has potential to be up there with Moss and TO.

Reggie Wayne lack of TDs hurts a lot... Moving chains is good, but it doesn't necessarily put points on the board.

Ya his lack of TD's are his main knock. But I still think it's possible for him to retire top 10 in TD's
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember one year where he played Moss, T.O, Andre Johnson, and shut them all down.
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

????

Wayne's 33 so he still has a few years left in him. He needs about 3,100 yards to be top 5 in yards (2,100 to be top 10). 232 catches to be top 5 (89 to be top 10). 18 TD's to be top 10 (he's not makin top 5). So how's this dude laughable when he has a legit chance finishin top 10 in every category? I already said he's not gonna be the GOAT. I said he would be up there.

There are WR's with Top 10 numbers that aren't in the HOF (Andre Reed, Chris Carter).

Reed is only top 10 in receptions, and he'll be knocked outta that within the next 2 years. And all your point really proved was that HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is. Moss and TO will probably have a tough time gettin in

Reggie Wayne wasn't even the #1 WR on his own team for a few years (Marvin Harisson)

You're proving my point. I said HOF isn't a good measure of how good a receiver is, then used the fact that Moss and TO will have a tough time getting in. Not that they didn't earn a spot, but that people wont' want to put them in. I didn't say he was as good as Moss or TO. But TO's not a current NFL player, and Moss still has to make it to the season. So I didn't throw their names out there. And ya, I'm sure DB's weren't scared of Wayne puttin up 7 straight 1,000+ yard seasons.

Don't let the highlight reel tell you what's happening. Just cuz Wayne didn't get as much hype doesn't mean he wasn't beastin.

Moss and T.O were the NFL's premier Wide Receivers over the past decade. Both were flat out dominant.

End of story.

Not true. But what's it even matter if you're the #1 or #2 really. You start and get the same number of stats. As long as you're producing doesn't really matter if you're the 1 or 2. You act like this dude put up 7 straight 1,000's but D's were like "o wait...he's the 2. don't worry bout it"

Dude... theres NOTHING about Reggie Wayne that makes me think "1st ballot HOF". He might sneak into the HOF in a weak year.... but he's not going to be up there with the GOATs.

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harisson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.

Wayne is 2nd tier after those guys... so no. He's not "up there" with the GOAT Wide outs. Reggie Wayne is not remotely close to the top of the Receiving TD's leaders..... he's a possession WR.

He's puttin up 13.6 yards/reception. Getting a lot of catches doesn't make you a possession receiver. It means you're reliable and keep the chains movin. That's a pro, not a con. And 5 years in, 3 1,000 yard seasons and Calvin Johnson's already on the same level as Rice, Owens, Moss, Harrison, and Fitz. Crowned him kinda quick...

Its about potential... Calvin has potential to be up there with Moss and TO.

Reggie Wayne lack of TDs hurts a lot... Moving chains is good, but it doesn't necessarily put points on the board.

Ya his lack of TD's are his main knock. But I still think it's possible for him to retire top 10 in TD's

Wayne's gonna be 34 this season... how many more years do you think he has left? Maybe 1 or 2 solid seasons left if he's lucky. It's not like he's putting up double digit TD's anymore... and there might be an adjustment period with the Rookie QB.

The fact is, he'll be an iffy HOF'er... never mind discussing him as the GOAT.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how Reggie a GOAT candidate when he wasn't even the best WR on his OWN team during his PRIME, let alone of all time....ya'll cats say anything

Murder Marvin is easily the 3rd best WR of this era after Moss and TO
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Smh if ur not an oakland raider fan or watch their games dont speak nothing u dont know....philly runs more man coverage than oakland why u think Nnamdi wasnt as effective half the time? It took damn near the end of season for him to get an int

before i call you a ? and end all sports talk with you

you mean last year after Rob Ryan left, right?
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2012
    Options
    how Reggie a GOAT candidate when he wasn't even the best WR on his OWN team during his PRIME, let alone of all time....ya'll cats say anything

Murder Marvin is easily the 3rd best WR of this era after Moss and TO

I was more thinkin top 10-ish more than GOAT. Let's be honest then. If we're sayin GOAT no WR should be mentioned cuz no one in the league will be on Rice level. No RB's should be mentioned because none are on Sanders, Brown, Payton status.

Only people that should be mentioned (offensively):

TE's- Possibly Graham and Gronk if they keep it up
    QB's - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RD wtf r u talking bout? Rob ryan didnt do alot of man coverage last season that why there alot of angry cowboy fans because of the defensive play calls he didnt have the corners for those type of plays...he made the browns defense look decent that one season and not because of man coverage either
  • R.D.
    Options
    @RD wtf r u talking bout? Rob ryan didnt do alot of man coverage last season that why there alot of angry cowboy fans because of the defensive play calls he didnt have the corners for those type of plays...he made the browns defense look decent that one season and not because of man coverage either
    you talkin around the issue

Are you saying Rob Ryan didnt run a majority man defense in Oakland ?

That was Nnamdi's coordinator all but maybe 1 year while he was dominating is my point and you said something about him not being a good man defender
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I see people in here dont know what they talking about Oakland has ran Traditionally Man-to-Man coverage , this is the first year they wont run man-to-man.....Man-to-man coverage has always been Al davis thing

Edit: The Whole Ryan coaching tree has always be a Biltz and M2M coverage Starting with Buddy with the 46 defense
  • vageneral08
    Options
    @RD....ask cowboy fans wat he ran last season....i think ur getting man coverage mixed up with man zone.....not the same im not saying Nnamdi never played zone but he's not big as a threat in man as he is in a zone coverage we saw it last season bruh thats why I said revis is a more complete corner than Nnamdi
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ed reed>>>>>>>>> Lott

49ers from the 80's is one of the greatest TEAMS of all time. especially cuz of thr West Coast offense.

Rings has nothing to do with greatness as a defensive player

Rod Woodson is better the Lott when he moved to safety.
    Rod Woodson and Ed Reed > Lott

Ed reed is a great player but he is Not better than Ronnie Lott. People were terrified of ronnie. Hew could do what ed does and be a FEARED hitter. And he was better in man to man. Reed is more of a centerfielder
  • bigrizz
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Sorry @KOA but ever since Matt Castle took the Pats to a 11-5 season i can't but Brady up there... And you see how Castle plays now when he's not in the system. Plus Brady hasn't won a ring since spy gate...lol

So going back to two since doesnt count?? Lol...Going 16-0 which has only been done once doesnt count? lol going to five SB period in the free agency era is a feat in itself
  • bigrizz
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    Oh yeah & Primetime ? on Revis. Prime & Mel Blount.

Deion couldnt tackle my grandmom and reputation helped him alot.....
  • bigrizz
    Options

????

End of story.

He still has the numbers, and something Carter and Brown dont, a ring...Mauybe not 1st ballot, but when hes done he'll have solid numbers...unless Luck sucks really bad
  • R.D.
    Options
    @RD....ask cowboy fans wat he ran last season....i think ur getting man coverage mixed up with man zone.....not the same im not saying Nnamdi never played zone but he's not big as a threat in man as he is in a zone coverage we saw it last season bruh thats why I said revis is a more complete corner than Nnamdi

bruh you dont know what you talking bout, just stop

your saying he's a bigger threat in zone coverage when that transition to playing more zone was part of the reason he "struggled" and i used the term struggle loosely considering he was still better than everybody else
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    @RD.....this has been said before I'll say it again....pickin the ball off>>>>>swatting at the ball plus Nnamdi was getting burned so stop caping for him

bruh you ? watched nnamdi get beat a couple plays in a zone and immediately thought "ohhhhhhh this guys overrated" cause it fueled your agenda

i forget where i got those numbers from but its open to the public so you can find them

Nnamdi gave up less completions than Revis and had less ? thrown his way

Nnamdi got beat bad a couple plays the whole year

i can just as easily talk about stevie johnson abusing Revis for whole games

He give revis the business for the past 2 yrs
    [/quote

Very true.

I think Nnamndi found his match with Cruz too.

Every time I look up he was getting abused.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

bruh you dont know what you talking bout, just stop

your saying he's a bigger threat in zone coverage when that transition to playing more zone was part of the reason he "struggled" and i used the term struggle loosely considering he was still better than everybody else

No ? ....ask peagle because he knows his team runs 4-3 based look unless they changed it and they blitz quite often so they play ALOT of man coverage and press schemes where Nnamdi was getting abused at
  • vageneral08
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTNQnAZpvU

but back on topic......I think patrick willis could be one
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn can you ? cut down the quotes
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »

He still has the numbers, and something Carter and Brown dont, a ring...Mauybe not 1st ballot, but when hes done he'll have solid numbers...unless Luck sucks really bad

He has 1 or 2 years left. Wont do any damage to record books in that time with a rookie QB throwing to him.

Yea he has solid numbers. But most people have already forgotten he even exists.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »

He has 1 or 2 years left. Wont do any damage to record books in that time with a rookie QB throwing to him.

Yea he has solid numbers. But most people have already forgotten he even exists.

He wasn't that short of 1,000 yards last year with ? QB's. Luck may be better than them his rookie year. In 2 years he could be top 10 in everything but TD's
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    with 2,544 points, 382 games in career, 24 seasons with 75 or above points (23 of them consecutive) and 18 seasons with 95 or above points.

Okay, i might be speaking about a placekicker but still. Morten Andersen, greatest kicker to never win a superbowl